Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What Are You Reading?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With the exception of the Bible, which I'm sure most people here are reading, what books are you currently reading?
Kettlebell Simple & Sinister
Judas Unchained
Just finished The Great Gatsby last month. Good to read it again.
Moderating for Dummies....

[Image: 304.jpg]
^
Read it twice. Didn't help.
I just finished up Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow. I'm currently reading Henry Clay: A Statesman For The Union by Robert O Rupp. If any of you have read any good books in the genre, please let me know. Thanks
I am reading all the Jack Reacher novels this year. I midway through "61 Hours" currently.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Read it twice. Didn't help.

Seriously, no one understands this affliction. Everyday I am battled with the below, and my wife is pissed!

[Image: standing-in-line.jpg]
Stardust Wrote:Seriously, no one understands this affliction. Everyday I am battled with the below, and my wife is pissed!

[Image: standing-in-line.jpg]

Consider yourself lucky. They run from mine.
A thread by Pulp soliciting Advocare on folks...

Confusednicker:
Spirit100 Wrote:A thread by Pulp soliciting Advocare on folks...

Confusednicker:

Did I mention I sell Avons. Contact me today.

Confusednicker:
Since we are selling things im having a tupperware party tomorrow night. Dusty and GUT stay away, you will scare off potential buyers with your afflictions Confusednicker:
Demarcus ware Wrote:Since we are selling things im having a tupperware party tomorrow night. Dusty and GUT stay away, you will scare off potential buyers with your afflictions Confusednicker:

Will you he serving food and drinks? If so, I'm there.
Westside Wrote:Did I mention I sell Avons. Contact me today.

Confusednicker:

Im more of a Mary Kay man myself, especially when im having gender identity issues that pop up time to time.
Westside Wrote:Will you he serving food and drinks? If so, I'm there.

Demarcus always has food and drinks.
I just realized something. You guys have absolutely destroyed my thread and even gotten me in on the act. Thanks a lot you bunch of Jackwagons (I assume that is some sort of insult).
^
Your right, we should be ashamed of ourselves. But, that's just how good Dusty and I are. You didn't even notice until it was too late. That's our game and you played it and sadly, lost Confusednicker:

In total truth my dear friend and old time BGR alum. Im currently reading war and peace. I started when I was 12 and im on page 3. I hope to finish it up before retirement Confusednicker:

Now, the real truth? I despise reading. Call me dyslexic if you will, I managed to pull off two college degrees while having to reread the same sentence 4 or 5 times before I paid attention to it and absorbed it. Its not that I cant comprehend it, it just bored me. Its not that I couldn't understand the words, to be honest, I actually read on a high school level as well as spelling, when I was only in the 4th grade. I have absolutely no problem reading or spelling, however books bore me and when I do read, my mind drifts meaning im reading whats on the page but im not absorbing any of it.
Ive always been that way. And I don't read books, novels, or anything else for that matter except articles and the newspaper. Id rather sign up and pay BGP than be forced to sit down and read a 800 page book on anything when I can google it in 5 minutes and find the good parts.

Now my wife on the other hand reads up to 10 books a month. I know my debit card is destroyed everytime she buys a new book on her ipad or kindle. Shes actually reading right now on it lol.
I just finished Stephen King's novel 11/26/63......

I took it on vacation, and thought it would last the whole week because it's about 900 pages. I finished it in three days; it was so good!

Now, his other novel, Mr. Mercedez...it's not as good, but I'm about half way through that one.

Now, since Gut is using Mary Kay and admits to having gender identity issues.....perhaps before the end of the year, we will be calling him Kaitlyn...with a "K"

Confusednicker:
I'm actually reading a few books right now. One is by Steve King, The Shining, the Henrey Clay book, the Louie Simmons newest book on strength and conditioning just because it's a hobby. I've also started reading No Hero by the Navy Seal who was in on the mission that killed Osma.
As far as Gut' s gender confusion, he messaged me a few months ago telling me he was really confused, but I told him I had no experience in this area.
Westside Wrote:As far as Gut' s gender confusion, he messaged me a few months ago telling me he was really confused, but I told him I had no experience in this area.

That's exactly when you told me about LWC and his struggles and hes really helped me out. Its easier listening to someone whos already lived it.
Westside Wrote:I just realized something. You guys have absolutely destroyed my thread and even gotten me in on the act. Thanks a lot you bunch of Jackwagons (I assume that is some sort of insult).

:lmao:
Westside Wrote:I'm actually reading a few books right now. One is by Steve King, The Shining, the Henrey Clay book, the Louie Simmons newest book on strength and conditioning just because it's a hobby. I've also started reading No Hero by the Navy Seal who was in on the mission that killed Osma.

The Shining was one of King's first books, and it inspired a movie you may remember staring Jack Nicholson. He made the PERFECT crazy person! Confusednicker:

King wrote that at a very dark time in his life, and I think that book is a clear example of it.
Granny Bear Wrote:The Shining was one of King's first books, and it inspired a movie you may remember staring Jack Nicholson. He made the PERFECT crazy person! Confusednicker:

King wrote that at a very dark time in his life, and I think that book is a clear example of it.

He is a crazy person. He flew over the Cuckoo's Nest.the movie is skeery lol
Westside Wrote:As far as Gut' s gender confusion, he messaged me a few months ago telling me he was really confused, but I told him I had no experience in this area.

Hmmmm.....are you referring to messaged as a written note to someone, or messaged as a manual stimulation for your muscles???

pjdoug Wrote:He is a crazy person. He flew over the Cuckoo's Nest.the movie is skeery lol

He was coked out of his mind when he wrote The Shining.
Granny Bear Wrote:Hmmmm.....are you referring to messaged as a written note to someone, or messaged as a manual stimulation for your muscles???

He was coked out of his mind when he wrote The Shining.

all the above is disturbing lol
American Sniper

Finally I have gotten around to this. Half way through the book and I wish I would have stuck with the Movie. GREAT American Hero, but Hollywood sure helped add the color that the book misses.
My daughter read it, and I had asked for her to pass it on to me when she was finished. She did, and told me not to waste my time reading it. I was so surprised!
Stardust Wrote:American Sniper

Finally I have gotten around to this. Half way through the book and I wish I would have stuck with the Movie. GREAT American Hero, but Hollywood sure helped add the color that the book misses.
I actually liked the book but loved the movie
Although the movie did cost me a night or two of sleep Confusednicker: but that was expected
Pages: 1 2