Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell Vs Owsley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
whats your thoughts on this game?
Well the Lady Owls are having a rough time gettin back on the winning train, they have lost two games straight now 1 against Lady Engineers and 2 against the Lady Bulldogs, Powell finally lost there first game to Knott which was very close. In my opinion both teams are very well matched so i'll go with Lady Owls by 5
Well the Lady Owls are having a rough time gettin back on the winning train, they have lost two games straight now 1 against Lady Engineers and 2 against the Lady Bulldogs, Powell finally lost there first game to Knott which was very close. In my opinion both teams are very well matched so i'll go with Lady Owls by 5
Im taking powell in this match-up..goodluck to both teams though.
With the way Powell is playing now I take Powell BY 7
I think both teams will be well matched. Both are very smart and can play well. This will be an interesting game. I will say with whom ever wins, it will be within the a 5-10 point range.

Good Luck Lady Owls!!!!!!
78-62 powell
well powell is playing very well powell has only lost one gsme this year and it was to kcc and powell done very well powell trailed the whole game till the 3rd quater and and came back and got ahead and there was some very bad calls! powell will take this game home with a win! Go pirates and good luck!
Powell has this one easily
Not easily, but I think if Powell plays together and Savannah Tharpe has a big game they will win by 5-10. IMO
powell by 10+
If powell has a game like they did against lee then the lady owls will be no competition for PC IMO Powell will win with double digits.
Powell
I'm gonna take powell by 10+. These girls are playin with alot of heart and determination right now. And are working very well together as a team. I think that if the lady pirates stay out of foul trouble and are strong in the paint they will have this. Even tho it will be a physical game.
ballgurl00 Wrote:well powell is playing very well powell has only lost one gsme this year and it was to kcc and powell done very well powell trailed the whole game till the 3rd quater and and came back and got ahead and there was some very bad calls! powell will take this game home with a win! Go pirates and good luck!

There was only a few calls I seen that should have had a little more imphasis on and one of those being when the girl "flopped" when she was trying get open over Megan Mosley. Yes, Mosley pushed her but I am sure it wasn't on purpose. There was calls missed both ways that game, so you can't blame it on the refs. Free throws is what costed Powell that game.
Powell by 5
the_chosen_one Wrote:There was only a few calls I seen that should have had a little more imphasis on and one of those being when the girl "flopped" when she was trying get open over Megan Mosley. Yes, Mosley pushed her but I am sure it wasn't on purpose. There was calls missed both ways that game, so you can't blame it on the refs. Free throws is what costed Powell that game.

No you can't blame games on the refs, but I'm sure if mosely pushed someone it wasn't an accident. I was actually suprised she had any fouls because usually at KCC home games they protect her. Free throws were not the only thing that costed powell that game. It was a mixture of quite a few things. Such as missed lay ups, fouls etc.
Mosley's "push" looked very intentional. She literally shoved her on the floor
The officals let Mosley get away with alot, but it is what was expected concidering it was at KCC. The "push" was intentional along with every other football tackle that she committed.
The game Saturday will be a good game. It will also be very physical. It will be a very close game but I think Powell will pull through
MtnGirl Wrote:Mosley's "push" looked very intentional. She literally shoved her on the floor

It could have been I don't know. I seen quiet a few things done by Powells girls as well. One the girls from Powell through a cheap shot at one of KCC's girls. Which was at the throat. Anything that happens always happens for a reason.

fake-u-out Wrote:No you can't blame games on the refs, but I'm sure if mosely pushed someone it wasn't an accident. I was actually suprised she had any fouls because usually at KCC home games they protect her. Free throws were not the only thing that costed powell that game. It was a mixture of quite a few things. Such as missed lay ups, fouls etc.

She does get by with alot and I don't always agree with it. I have seen games that the refs don't call anything and then I have seen games where the refs try to get her out of the game as quickly as possible. She does play dirty sometimes but everyone does every now and then. As other people have said...IMO Mosley is not the best player on KCC team #25 is.
[QUOTE=the_chosen_one]It could have been I don't know. I seen quiet a few things done by Powells girls as well. One the girls from Powell through a cheap shot at one of KCC's girls. Which was at the throat. Anything that happens always happens for a reason.

Oh well I guess you missed when one of KCC's girls threw the ball at one of Powells girls? There was a technical call made on it, but I didnt see any of powells girls get a t just from that it looks like powell wasn't the one playing dirty. JMO:redboxer:
the_chosen_one Wrote:There was only a few calls I seen that should have had a little more imphasis on and one of those being when the girl "flopped" when she was trying get open over Megan Mosley. Yes, Mosley pushed her but I am sure it wasn't on purpose. There was calls missed both ways that game, so you can't blame it on the refs. Free throws is what costed Powell that game.
Yea i agree with the free throws but if powell would have played there part in the frist half they could have had them
Free throws win games
Foul shots do win or lose games. But if you looked at the stats powell shot better from the line then knott co did. And they where on their home court. And they won. Like iv said before you cant blame anything on one certain thing. such as ref's ,foul shots, techs. one shot could of made all the difference coming from any spot on the floor. What if she had made her foul shots, and knott co beat them in overtime..would foul shots of won the game then? And megan mosley being knott's "all star" ..its obviouse about the calls being in her favor..untill around the 2nd quarter when they actually called a foul on her. But the game is behind us. It was a good game..& both teams played hard.
should be a great game
Nothing-but-Net Wrote:The officals let Mosley get away with alot, but it is what was expected concidering it was at KCC. The "push" was intentional along with every other football tackle that she committed.
I agree she looks more like a man she sould go out for the football team!!!
I agree with this.
Sorry that was a wrong post...My Bad.
ballgurl00 Wrote:I agree she looks more like a man she sould go out for the football team!!!

Ok now that is uncalled for. I am not a big fan of the Mosley plays but I am going to take up for her about this one. The puch yeah, it might have been intentional and then again it might not have been. No one knows what is going on these girls heads besides one thing. Play to win...

fake-u-out Wrote:Oh well I guess you missed when one of KCC's girls threw the ball at one of Powells girls? There was a technical call made on it, but I didnt see any of powells girls get a t just from that it looks like powell wasn't the one playing dirty. JMO

As for that...yes I seen it and I don't agree with what the girl done. She had no reason to throw the ball at the girl from Powell. The girl from KCC seemed like she got mad when Powell's big girl took the ball from her and the girl from KCC fell down. People do stuff on the court that no one can explain and tempers flair...it happens every where!!!
Pages: 1 2 3