Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry/Russell, when would they meet if they are winning?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When would they meet if they advance next year,, looks like they would meet a week earlier,, just wondering..Then the winner would move on to play again before the final 4.
Yes, it would be for a Regional Title.
So to clarify we could meet the 3 round of playoffs intead of the 4th round... ??? I guess it is a nother way to nock off one of the top dogs early then ..... IF this is true????
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:So to clarify we could meet the 3 round of playoffs intead of the 4th round... ??? I guess it is a nother way to nock off one of the top dogs early then ..... IF this is true????

Yeah, but if you look at the teams that are on the east side of the 3A alignment, there really wasn't much of a choice.

Fleming Co. really has an unfortunate district placement in terms of travel. They are in Breathitt Co.'s district and that is some major travel time for a district game.

When I find a copy of the new alignment I'll post it.
Here it is...

CLASS 3A
District-3-1- McLean County, Muhlenberg South, Paducah Tilghman, Union County, Webster County
District-3-2- Adair County, Butler County, Edmonson County, Hart County, Russellville
District-3-3- Central, Elizabethtown, Moore, Shawnee
District-3-4- Henry County, North Oldham, Spencer County, Western Hills
District-3-5- Casey County, Garrard County, Jackson County, Somerset, Taylor County, Wayne County
District-3-6- Breathitt County, Cawood, Estill County, Fleming County, Powell County
District-3-7- East Carter, Lewis County, Mason County, Russell, West Carter
District-3-8- Belfry, East Ridge, Magoffin County, Pike County Central, Sheldon Clark
So this means we(RUSSELL) could be going back down to Belfry to play this year being a week early,instead of playing in the state semi-finals when it is the norths turn to host.
BoondockSaint Wrote:Yeah, but if you look at the teams that are on the east side of the 3A alignment, there really wasn't much of a choice.

Fleming Co. really has an unfortunate district placement in terms of travel. They are in Breathitt Co.'s district and that is some major travel time for a district game.

When I find a copy of the new alignment I'll post it.

Fleming Co requested to be placed in that district to get away from Mason Co and Russell. They should finish no worse than a 2 seed in most years.
JFLDAD Wrote:So this means we(RUSSELL) could be going back down to Belfry to play this year being a week early,instead of playing in the state semi-finals when it is the norths turn to host.

Yes. If Belfry and Russell make it that far next season, Belfry would be the home team as long as they were both #1 seeds. Mason Co and Sheldon Clark may have a little bit to say about that though.
FBALL Wrote:Fleming Co requested to be placed in that district to get away from Mason Co and Russell. They should finish no worse than a 2 seed in most years.

That takes the motto "find a way to win" to a whole new level.Smile
BoondockSaint Wrote:That takes the motto "find a way to win" to a whole new level.Smile

It sure is the long road to the playoffs, literally.

Those poor bus drivers.:yikes:
Sounds like another Belfry\Russell tailgate at The CAM...
FBALL Wrote:Fleming Co requested to be placed in that district to get away from Mason Co and Russell. They should finish no worse than a 2 seed in most years.

If they requested to go there to get away from Mason and Russell, why do they still play Mason?
People sure are quick to jump to conclusions with things. If you read the reason for request on the KHSAA website it says Fleming requested to be moved because they already play Breathitt, Estill and Powell. The truth is, the KHSAA needed a team to place in that district because Cawood will be leaving soon and that would leave a 3 team district. Fleming County was contacted by a KHSAA official and asked if they would consider moving. They agreed and filed the request.
Fleming County may not have beaten Russell many times, but they have been their best competition in the district. They have finished as at least a 2 seed most years in the district as it is.
For the years 2007 and 2008, Belfry and Russell would meet in the 4th round of the playoffs (state-semis), due to the draw of different districts for each regional championship. All the information is shown and pictured at the link provided by the KHSAA. The most interesting fact is that because of the way that Russell is in Region 4 in 2007 while being region 3 in 2008, while Belfry is Region 3 in 2007 while being Region 4 in 2008, Belfry would host both games if they were to meet both years.

http://www.khsaa.org/football/playoffpairings.pdf
Hm look's like one of these team's won't win the Region Title next year.... How long has it been since Belfry or Russell hasn't won a region title?
Panther#42 Wrote:Hm look's like one of these team's won't win the Region Title next year.... How long has it been since Belfry or Russell hasn't won a region title?

Lloyd Memorial beat Russell 30-12 for the regional championship. The Juggernauts lost the following week in the state semi final 21-13 to Belfry who won their first state title.
BelfryPride Wrote:Sounds like another Belfry\Russell tailgate at The CAM...
:letsparty
thecoacher Wrote:If they requested to go there to get away from Mason and Russell, why do they still play Mason?
People sure are quick to jump to conclusions with things. If you read the reason for request on the KHSAA website it says Fleming requested to be moved because they already play Breathitt, Estill and Powell. The truth is, the KHSAA needed a team to place in that district because Cawood will be leaving soon and that would leave a 3 team district. Fleming County was contacted by a KHSAA official and asked if they would consider moving. They agreed and filed the request.
Fleming County may not have beaten Russell many times, but they have been their best competition in the district. They have finished as at least a 2 seed most years in the district as it is.
And they have a much better shot at a 2 seed and a home playoff game being in the district with Breathitt, Powell. and Estill than having to contend with Russell and Mason in the same district.
FBALL Wrote:And they have a much better shot at a 2 seed and a home playoff game being in the district with Breathitt, Powell. and Estill than having to contend with Russell and Mason in the same district.

No doubt about that!! I just don't think they went into "ducking" or "running away" from Russell and Mason.
thecoacher Wrote:No doubt about that!! I just don't think they went into "ducking" or "running away" from Russell and Mason.

I'm not saying thats the whole reason but I'll bet it played a part.

Your talking about being almost a shoe in for a home playoff game or having to settle for a 3 seed most years.