Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 10 players in the Mountains(13th,14th,15th and 16th regions) In your Opinion??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I keep seeing to tep ten threads about 14 and 15th region players well let's put all the mountain regions together and come up with a top ten poll. In saying the Mountains I'm talking 13th,14th,15th, and 16th regions. Just looking for everyones opinion.

Heres mine.
1.Ty Proffit-South Laurel
Already Commited to a D-I program, Notre Dame. He's a top 5 player in the state and a Canidate for Mr. Basketball. The top player in the 13th region with one state championship.
2.Jon Vanhoose-Russell
Already Commited to D-I Evansville, a top 5 player in the state also, and the top player in the 16th two strait years. Could be the deadliest shooter in the state. He Could be better than Profitt but dosent get the credit he deserves.
3.Landon Slone-Paintsville
The top Junior in the Mountains by far. He has been the top player in the 15th region since he hit the Varsity Scene as a freshman. one of the top Juniors and Players in the state.
4.Jordan Hammonds-South Laurel
The perfect Compliment to Hammonds. Reportaly being recruited by some mid-major college programs. Also has a state title. Ranked as one of the top 25 players in the state.
5.Jamie McCarty-Johnson Central
Averaging over 37ppg through 5 games. could be the best offensive weapon in the mountains. Led Johnson central to the 15th region championship as a junior. A deadly shooter with the potential to play small D-I.
6.Justin Hicks-Hazard
The top rated player in the 14th region and one of the top in the mountains. very consistant and the top player on a very talented Hazard team. One of the better guards in the mountains.
7.Matthew Daniel-Rowan County
A top 20 rated player in the state who is the 2nd best player in the 16th region behind VanHoose. He is an explosive scorer with the versitility to play technically anywhere on the floor.
8.Trey Smith-South Laurel
South Laurel big man who has put up great numbers this season. A top 5 player in the 13th region and arguably the top big man in the mountains. A tough matchup for alot of teams in the state.
9.Drew McDavid-Ashland
Very Talented athlete who is considered one of the top two sport athletes in kentucky. A strong player who is a Double-Double Waiting to Happen. Will more than likely play football in college.
10.Tate Cox-June Buchanan
One of the top Freshman in the state if not The top freshman. Will probabily be the best player to ever come out of JBS by the time he graduates. Could be a Mr. Basketball canidate when he is a SR. Need the ball in his hands more often. Can Score.
Moe Wrote:I keep seeing to tep ten threads about 14 and 15th region players well let's put all the mountain regions together and come up with a top ten poll. In saying the Mountains I'm talking 13th,14th,15th, and 16th regions. Just looking for everyones opinion.

Heres mine.
Already Commited to a D-I program, Notre Dame. He's a top 5 player in the state and a Canidate for Mr. Basketball. The top player in the 13th region with one state championship.
2.Jon Vanhoose-Russell
Already Commited to D-I Evansville, a top 5 player in the state also, and the top player in the 16th two strait years. Could be the deadliest shooter in the state. He Could be better than Profitt but dosent get the credit he deserves.
The top Junior in the Mountains by far. He has been the top player in the 15th region since he hit the Varsity Scene as a freshman. one of the top Juniors and Players in the state.
The perfect Compliment to Hammonds. Reportaly being recruited by some mid-major college programs. Also has a state title. Ranked as one of the top 25 players in the state.
Averaging over 37ppg through 5 games. could be the best offensive weapon in the mountains. Led Johnson central to the 15th region championship as a junior. A deadly shooter with the potential to play small D-I.
6.Justin Hicks-Hazard
The top rated player in the 14th region and one of the top in the mountains. very consistant and the top player on a very talented Hazard team. One of the better guards in the mountains.
A top 20 rated player in the state who is the 2nd best player in the 16th region behind VanHoose. He is an explosive scorer with the versitility to play technically anywhere on the floor.
South Laurel big man who has put up great numbers this season. A top 5 player in the 13th region and arguably the top big man in the mountains. A tough matchup for alot of teams in the state.
9.Drew McDavid-Ashland
Very Talented athlete who is considered one of the top two sport athletes in kentucky. A strong player who is a Double-Double Waiting to Happen. Will more than likely play football in college.
One of the top Freshman in the state if not The top freshman. Will probabily be the best player to ever come out of JBS by the time he graduates. Could be a Mr. Basketball canidate when he is a SR. Need the ball in his hands more often. Can Score.

Looks like a good list other than Cox. Cox is a good player, but a year away from being on the top ten list in the mountains, IMO. I would problably place John Smith from Harlan or Whitaker from Bell a head of Cox. I would agree with the other picks.
the list looks good to me.
kccfan Wrote:Looks like a good list other than Cox. Cox is a good player, but a year away from being on the top ten list in the mountains, IMO. I would problably place John Smith from Harlan or Whitaker from Bell a head of Cox. I would agree with the other picks.
I probabily should have put Kenny Brandenberg on the list other than Cox but he has started out kind of slow for Lee this season. When he is on top of his game he is eaisly top 10 imo. Also the Two you mentioned sounds good too, Smith is a heck of a scorer...Cox is going to be really good though.
romans-powell
Moe Wrote:I keep seeing to tep ten threads about 14 and 15th region players well let's put all the mountain regions together and come up with a top ten poll. In saying the Mountains I'm talking 13th,14th,15th, and 16th regions. Just looking for everyones opinion.

Heres mine.
2.Jon Vanhoose-Russell
6.Justin Hicks-Hazard
9.Drew McDavid-Ashland
well put.. very well put
Good list...but I would have to throw Clark Stepp in the mix
Clark Stepp Defiently.... Wat bout Ethan Johnson
Theres no way Slone is that high. I think Stepp should be on there before Cox.
JOhnson is top 15 not 10 imo...but this list looks great to me very well done
Tim Honaker- Pikeville
and Daniel Harmon of Pikeville is pretty good as well
thespectator Wrote:Theres no way Slone is that high. I think Stepp should be on there before Cox.
No way
Panther#42 Wrote:Tim Honaker- Pikeville
and Daniel Harmon of Pikeville is pretty good as well

not top 10 in this elite group IMP Harmon will be his senior year but as of now still has some so much more room to grow as a player which is amazing to think about considering where he is right now
thespectator Wrote:Theres no way Slone is that high. I think Stepp should be on there before Cox.
I feel comfortable having Slone that high because I believe he is that good, and the next two years you'll see it. If Paintsville gets to rupp this year and Slone performs well then he will once again mentioned with that group of elight juniors we hear about. Thats my opinion on that. As for Stepp, he has some talent but anytime the system is built around you, and the system is technically his immediate family you will score some points. But the times I've seen him play he has shown me absolutly nothing besides taking 50 shots a game, any one will score taking that many shots. It has to mess the chemisty up between the players on the team, well at least the ones who aren't related to him. Cox is the Player at JBS, wheather he'll get the oppertunity to show it I dunno but he is a hell of a player.

Who do you guys feel are top ten?? I'm curious to see.:thumpsup:
I agree with most of it....I think Crawford from Corbin and Stepp from JBS should be on there. I definately agree with Tate Cox being on there, top notch player, especially for his age.
Landon Slone is not that good. Im Tellin u all Ethan Johnson is better.. Ive play with and against both of them.
Homer Simpson Wrote:Landon Slone is not that good. Im Tellin u all Ethan Johnson is better.. Ive play with and against both of them.

Landon is much better all around. Ethan can shoot lights out but when he's cold, he's ice cold. Landon on the other hand can can shoot but when those shots aren't falling, he can get to cup or find the open man. Now it's probably because Paintsville has more talent than South Floyd but it just seems to me that Landon is better.
Ethan is more than a shooter. Wait and see the only reason he shot alot of threes is because of his ankle but hes got 1 of theuikest 1st steps Ive ever seen
OMG! Ethan Johnson is not better than Landon Slone. Hes a good player, but hes not that good. Compared to Landon Ethan is awful. Exspecially now, he can't even walk on that good foot of his. lol
Homer Simpson Wrote:Landon Slone is not that good. Im Tellin u all Ethan Johnson is better.. Ive play with and against both of them.
:thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn
I think he is Srry its my opinion
Valley- Justice and Hatfield

SValley Fan

Ty Profitt should not be on top
$MoNeY$ Wrote:Ty Profitt should not be on top

If you're being serious, then tell us who you think is the #1 player from those regions?

Ethan Johnson doesn't even come close to Landon Slone.
I can't come up with 10 players. I haven't seen Ty Profit play since last year. He was a very good player then and I'm sure he's even better this year.
13th Ty Profit South Laurel
14th Justin Hicks Hazard
15th Jamie McCaarty Johnson Central
16th Jon VanHoose Russell
16th Johnathan Ferguson Elliott County.
Ferguson is the best all-round player I've seen play in many years. Has the whole package. Defends very well, has good court vision and can score the ball from inside as well as outside the arc. Just a good complete player. Has D1 written all over him.
Jamie Case is the best player in the 15th region...

SValley Fan

kyrifle Wrote:I can't come up with 10 players. I haven't seen Ty Profit play since last year. He was a very good player then and I'm sure he's even better this year.
13th Ty Profit South Laurel
14th Justin Hicks Hazard
15th Jamie McCaarty Johnson Central
16th Jon VanHoose Russell
16th Johnathan Ferguson Elliott County.
Hicks is the best all-round player I've seen play in many years. Has the whole package. Defends very well, has good court vision and can score the ball from inside as well as outside the arc. Just a good complete player. Has D1 written all over him.
looks good to me

What? Ethan is not that good yeah he can shoot every now and then but he is not better than Landon!
Eric Arnett, Magoffin County is performing quiet well.
Pages: 1 2