Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jackson City over South Floyd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
congrats Jackson City
congrats JC....SF looked awful....Lyle Johnson shot at least 30 shots and only had 26 pts.....Wes Akers was shooting from 35 feet...He shot all 3 pointers and i bet he shot about 20 and only hit about 4....
Yea i agree white mike. and that little adam slone kid had at least 93 turnover. And attemped 24 shots and made 3. But hes a good lil player.
LMAO...Adam Sone only attempted about 5 shots....93 turnovers is unheard of.
Yeah Johnson broke mccarty's season high but he broke it with shot attempts with 57...keep shootin kid u'll make it some day...lol
Sf just needs to pull themselves together, and quick. the loss of johnson has hurt them tremendously. plus they have no inside presence. on the radio it seemed that jc was getting all lay-ups. the only big men that had any rebounds for sf was Brown and that Henry kid. i cant remember the other big guy that they play, but neither of them must had been in sight on defense. SF needs to get better, they have ac coming up, and the whole team needs to step it up and play D.
if Ethan don't come back quick then it might be bad for the Raiders this year...with out him there is NO leader on the floor
That's very true. plus add his 20 ppg then look at all of their final scores to see how much different it would have been.
Wes Akers, Lyle Johnson, and Adam Slone is all trying to do to much and not letting the game come to them.
Lyle was 9-19 from the field and wes Akers was something like 6-17. Slone took about 9 shots. Adam had 9 turnovers and 6 assists at the point and Brown had 7 from the inside position along with 10 boards. The Raiders have seen what it is like without E. Johnson. Being up by 20 at Johnson Central when he went out of the game at the end of the third quarter and getting beat in overtime was a preliminary of things in front of them. Johnson Central would not have beaten SF that night if EJ stays in the game. All of these players last night were playing JV ball last year or middle school and found the going pretty rough in many of the games. Getting beat is not good in any sport but not playing with intensity when you are learning the game at another level is not acceptable. Someone said that South Floyd was only a turned ankle( Ethan) away from having a terrible year and that is what they are faced with. Sometimes growing pains are a bit rocky for young kids. They have to play every play as if it was the final possesion if they are going to get anything done. It has been said before that attitude reflects leadership and this is about time to get after it for the SF coaching staff. I don't know if Johnson will be back or not but I do know that guys have to step up and play as they are expected. Being down by 4 points at the half to Jackson City was not bad, quitting in the second half and losing by 21 was.
No false information please.
Actually Wes was 5-17. Not his best shooting night but he will for the most part shoot better than that. You are right though about SF looking awful. Still early and they are trying to adjust to losing two of the better guards in the region last year.
White Mike Wrote:congrats JC....SF looked awful....Lyle Johnson shot at least 30 shots and only had 26 pts.....Wes Akers was shooting from 35 feet...He shot all 3 pointers and i bet he shot about 20 and only hit about 4....
looks like Mike was about right on akers shooting...the distance was a little much.
congrats jackson
Wyatt Earp Wrote:Lyle was 9-19 from the field and wes Akers was something like 6-17. Slone took about 9 shots. Adam had 9 turnovers and 6 assists at the point and Brown had 7 from the inside position along with 10 boards. The Raiders have seen what it is like without E. Johnson. Being up by 20 at Johnson Central when he went out of the game at the end of the third quarter and getting beat in overtime was a preliminary of things in front of them. Johnson Central would not have beaten SF that night if EJ stays in the game. All of these players last night were playing JV ball last year or middle school and found the going pretty rough in many of the games. Getting beat is not good in any sport but not playing with intensity when you are learning the game at another level is not acceptable. Someone said that South Floyd was only a turned ankle( Ethan) away from having a terrible year and that is what they are faced with. Sometimes growing pains are a bit rocky for young kids. They have to play every play as if it was the final possesion if they are going to get anything done. It has been said before that attitude reflects leadership and this is about time to get after it for the SF coaching staff. I don't know if Johnson will be back or not but I do know that guys have to step up and play as they are expected. Being down by 4 points at the half to Jackson City was not bad, quitting in the second half and losing by 21 was.

This is crazy I was at the game and Lyle Johnson took way more than 19 shots and thats not countin the shots that he forced and got fouled on when he had a teammate or teammates open...And I agree Wes will have better shooting nights, last night wouldn't have been that bad if he would have had better shot selection...But IMO with ethan out those 2 boys took it upon thereself to pick up his slack when there is no need for that...All they needed 2 do was play there game and play hard...And the slone kid had more than any 6 assists, heck i bet he had that many in the first half alone...an assist is when the reciever of the ball doesnt have 2 make an offensive move...so somebody needs 2 keep an eye on that for the raiders...
Tommy Joe Hall and Chad Patrick played good for the raiders...but I was most impressed with the play of Kory Henry...i thought that he played really hard and done a lot of little things that don't show up in the score book.
This was a very sloppy game for SF there was a couple players that did well like White Mike said Chad Patrick and Tommy Joe Hall...without EJ in the line up for SF they have no court leadership...
How Did Kory Henry Have A Good Game?!?!?!?!
well first of all you dont have to have 20 points to have a good game, i thought he played hard and got back on D, he also rebounded good.
Hulk_Hogan Wrote:This is crazy I was at the game and Lyle Johnson took way more than 19 shots and thats not countin the shots that he forced and got fouled on when he had a teammate or teammates open...And I agree Wes will have better shooting nights, last night wouldn't have been that bad if he would have had better shot selection...But IMO with ethan out those 2 boys took it upon thereself to pick up his slack when there is no need for that...All they needed 2 do was play there game and play hard...And the slone kid had more than any 6 assists, heck i bet he had that many in the first half alone...an assist is when the reciever of the ball doesnt have 2 make an offensive move...so somebody needs 2 keep an eye on that for the raiders...
If you don't mind go ahead and send me the official stat sheet that you kept and I will throw mine away. Somewhere i remember seeing that about how and what an assist is but that was a few years ago. Seems like it was worded pretty well the same as what you said though.
well im not lucky enough to have the laptop hook-up that the raiders have im sorry i had 2 keep mine on a napkin from the concession stand and a pen i borrowed from pete grigsby that he said he had since the late 1960's...and you wouldnt believe that i spilled my dag gone dr. pepper all over that napkin...Im sorry but my stat sheet will do u no good...but im sure johnny martin will let you go through the trash 2 find it...Sorry bout ur luck I hate that for ya...
Hulk_Hogan Wrote:well first of all you dont have to have 20 points to have a good game, i thought he played hard and got back on D, he also rebounded good.
i agree..Henry played good, best rebounding that i have heard he has done, as well as Hall & Patrick putting in some good minutes. I think with these guys getting some playing time while Johnson is out, it is going to help out big time down the road. On any given night they can have a break out game, as we seen Henry do inside. i only see SF on their way up from here.
Congrats Jackson City.
I Agree KentuckyWild Henry did have a good game he had 4 rebounds in 4 mins. at halftime and Patrick and Hall playin is gonna help SF while EJ is out cuase it is gonna get them alot of experince.
as long as ej is out i dont see the raiders pullin out a win thats JMO
Congrats Jackson City
I must say this wasn't one of South Floyd's best games. With Johnson being out, it really shows how much the team needs him. The others are trying hard to make up for him not playing, but he's an asset to the team. I think once he's back South Floyd, will be a hard team to stop.
Ill tell you SF's prob.... There point guard drives in on 3 defenders and gets a lot of Turnovers... They cant score on the inside.....They have no kind of leadership.. To many wanna be superstars ... they stand at the 3 point line no 1 cuts toward the basket to break the defense up....Stupid Shots Wes Akers slung 1 up from 8 foot behind the 3 point line fading out of bounds...Ethan Johnson brings a lot to SF wait and c things like that change........
Homer Simpson Wrote:Ill tell you SF's prob.... There point guard drives in on 3 defenders and gets alot of Turnovers... They cant score on the inside.....They have no kind of leadership.. To many wanna be superstars ... they stand at the 3 point line no 1 cuts toward the basket to break the defense up....Stupid Shots Wes Akers slung 1 up from 8 foot behind the 3 point line fading outta bounds...Ethan Johnson brings alot to SF wait and c things like that change...AND DOES SF HAVE A COACH THIS YR I HAVENT SEEN HIM OFF THE BENCH HMMMMM.....
i agree but when wes gets his feet set hes money idc if its from half court lyle is tryin way to hard to stand up for ethan's not being able to play...and ur right adam trys to hard to break the press by his self he has way to many turnovers for a pg...and as for the inside scoring i think sf needs to go in2 brown a few times and get him active in the game so it can open up there outside game as well as him playin harder for them...he just needs to get a feel of the ball
I think over the last few games people realized the raiders are nothing without Ethan Johnson
Pages: 1 2