Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: JBS 69 - Magoffin 59
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
final
Congrats Magoffin on good game.
I heard Magoffin was leading the whole game up until the forth quarter. Anyone got any stats?
Magoffin played good. Steppe seemed to have the referees following him around. scored most of his 40 points from the line. Magoffin led up until the fourth. played great ball, but couldn't battle the touch fouls that were called for most of the game.
Sounds like this one was a great game. Congrats to JBS on the win though.
Congrats JBS
Magoffin did lead it into the fourth quater, and there was a 25 sec. span were hunley for magoffin got three straight fouls and once i dont even think he was around steppe. oh well Hornets had a great game. Good game to JBS to.
I was at the game and am neutral pulling fo Magoffin probably and was in hospitality standing outside were I could see real good and those fouls were good calls. Magoffin tried to push around a team bigger than them. One call Magoffin got away with was a obvious push. Two guys feet had gotten tangled up and the Magoffin fell and then Magoffin player comes and pushes the boy down. I knew people would be complaining about calls but it wasnt the difference in the game. And yeah most did come at the line why? He drove and drawn fouls and at the end Magoffin was fouling him purposley trying to get back in it.
Magoffins game plan going in was to be physcial and that is what they did. But when you do that you cant complain about fouls.
Stepp is a great talent but the most selfish player i have ever seen play if he would get the big guy involved he had 8 or 10 points and got them on rebounds or his brother i seen him wide open a few times and he would just would try to drive with 2 people hanging on him this team has the making of a great club but wont go far if he does what i seen today
Regardless of the score, Magoffin played good but I agree with Belfry wins. Magoffin played physical and aggressive. I don't question refrees cause its a waste of time. They do the best they can and they see something they call it. Magoffin showed that they will not be pushed around and compete this year and regardless of the game tonight, Magoffin County should be proud of their effort. They competed well with a top 5 team in the mountains. Congrats to JBS and good luck the rest of the season both teams.
Clark Stepp is good but he takes JBS out of their offense 9 out 10 times.
Mr. Sports Wrote:Regardless of the score, Magoffin played good but I agree with Belfry wins. Magoffin played physical and aggressive. I don't question refrees cause its a waste of time. They do the best they can and they see something they call it. Magoffin showed that they will not be pushed around and compete this year and regardless of the game tonight, Magoffin County should be proud of their effort. They competed well with a top 5 team in the mountains. Congrats to JBS and good luck the rest of the season both teams.
i agree 100%
Here is a stat for you....Tate Cox 1 point....now he was as cold as ice, but I can see problems brewing for this team because Stepp is going to take 80% of the shots, and they are not as good as they were last year.
congrats JBS
congrats JBS
Cox only had 1 point? Wow..hard to believe JBS could beat a solid Magoffin Co team with him barely getting in the scorers box..
bball fan Wrote:Here is a stat for you....Tate Cox 1 point....now he was as cold as ice, but I can see problems brewing for this team because Stepp is going to take 80% of the shots, and they are not as good as they were last year.
would be nice to see Cox over at KCC and playing with the Stamper Kid I think Stamper is a freshman.
I thought i saw Lyle Johnson and wes akers from SF get a shot up in this game...lol
Lonesome Pine Rider Wrote:Magoffin did lead it into the fourth quater, and there was a 25 sec. span were hunley for magoffin got three straight fouls and once i dont even think he was around steppe. oh well Hornets had a great game. Good game to JBS to.

true statement big guy, steppe is good dont get me wrong, but on the 3 fouls hunley had in that span were crazy to even call,(i kno there is no reason to even complain so dont even tell me that, but its the truth, i was courtside the whole game) one call hunleys hands were straight up, and i think in the book thats not a foul, thats just the way defense is played, or just the way i was taught

but congrats to JBS...
Magoffin needs to look pass this and aim toward this coming week...
Congrats JBS.
You know i am a solid Magoffin fan tride and true but i'll have to agree with The fan and mr sports. Magoffin came in planing on being physcial and thats what the did they made some bad decesions late in the ball game that probley cost them the game. Magoffin this year has a solid squad and I'm not just saying that because their my team i do believe these boys can do it. No use complaing about the calls it's over now but they fought a hard battle and lost it happens to everyone hopefuly they can shrug this off and go into their game against wolfe county tuesday night with a clear head, good luck Magoffin
It realy did work on Cox though I think that is why he only got 1 point. He was very timid and intimidated the whole game. i came away pretty impressed with both teams though they play hard. The ref missed a call here and there but it happens. I mean when you play physical the call is going to go against you most of the time. One thing with Magoffin is the way they play they are gonna get players riled up and sneak a little cheap shot in or the refs are going to give them a call they didnt feel they should have got. They have to keep their heads cool during times like this. At times they seemed to worried about throwing their hands up like what did I do. What you have to learn to do is grin ebar it and keep playing. I think Magoffin let this one get away theirself. But they do have a nice team. They could almost beat their girls team JK.
I was also there and Magoffin led till the fourth quarter. Both of their point guards hunley and francis fouled out as did fletcher. The fouls on Hunley were ridiculous, but they played great against a very good team. The Hornets have a chance this year to beat anyone, and hope they have a great season!!! Congrats to jbs!! And GO HORNETS!!!!!
close game...congrats to JBS
I've seen cox play several times. I've never seen him be intimidated. Though there is such thing as a bad game. Good effort by both teams.
Both teams played well, but in IMO there were some questionable foul calls. Magoffin was put in a hard position with 3 men on the bench. Also, there were very very few times when any player from JBS, besides Stepp, was handling/shooting the ball. Don't get me wrong, Stepp has a great shot but it would have been nice to see the talent of others players that I've heard about. Does anyone have any stats from this game?
I heard some Magoffin fans talking about how the same refs were gonna be reffing the Paintsville/Magoffin game on Friday!
Stepp takes WAY to many shots, I don't know how in the world he averaged 8 assist last season. It must be nice to put up 50 shots a game and stay in.
Moe Wrote:Stepp takes WAY to many shots, I don't know how in the world he averaged 8 assist last season. It must be nice to put up 50 shots a game and stay in.
Well it helps when the program is run by family. :Clap:
Yea coach uncle steppe principal uncle steppe and president daddy steppe... that probley increases his playing time.
Lonesome Pine Rider Wrote:Yea coach uncle steppe principal uncle steppe and president daddy steppe... that probley increases his playing time.
Smile
Pages: 1 2