Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Where's the diversity?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering, because you look at the diverse Republican candidates that have or will announce...

Ben Carson (African-American)
Ted Cruz (Cuban)
Marco Rubio (Cuban)
Carly Fiorina (Female)

Democrats...

Hillary (Female)

Other than Hillary, here are people who have announced and/or will likely announce...

Martin O'Malley
Joe Biden
Lincoln Chafee
Dennis Kucinich

Some real diversity there.
I thought Bernie Sanders had also announced for the Democratic nomination.

That makes a man and a woman!!

Confusednicker:

Oh, wait a man and a Hillary.
Granny Bear Wrote:I thought Bernie Sanders had also announced for the Democratic nomination.

That makes a man and a woman!!

Confusednicker:

Oh, wait a man and a Hillary.

:flame: Confusednicker:
^^
I know! I'll pay one day.

Talk to me about Ben Carson.
Granny Bear Wrote:^^
I know! I'll pay one day.

Talk to me about Ben Carson.

Well, let's just hit a few comparative high spots for the sake of conversation from among Carson, Obama and Clinton, no I meant [SIZE="2"]the other[/SIZE] Bill, LOL.

If it had been Carson who'd been elected in 2008 rather than Obama, we'd be infinitely better off. He has some good ideas and yet, being a novice it is likely that he would have made some bone headed mistakes. Nothing like Obama has made but, you have to understand where the two men are coming from.

Carson would like to lead in the classic Presidential sense. Rather Reagan-esque I would venture, and he would likely be smart enough to surround himself with very good people. I just cannot accept the notion that he would be running interference for Al Sharpton's follies, and all the other scandalous stuff we have seen from this administration. In general, my impression is that he is an honorable man who is a patriot at heart.

Obama on the other hand, and as far as I can tell, is something other than a patriot. I think he has a fair idea what being an American might be but, he never will truly grasp the concept. He acts like a foreigner and IMHO, he lies like a rug. He came in with a socio-economic agenda which could have been born in the isolation ward at Arkham Asylum. Further, he's making an omelet and he's willing to break as many eggs as he feels may be necessary. Heck, that number could conceivably mean breaking them all. At any rate, Obama just told us the other day he's doing such a good job that we Americans should feel safer than at any time in history. Of course all the military bases in the continental USA are on high alert today and an Air Force Band concert has been cancelled but hey, so what right?

It's like this. I firmly believe Hillary will be the killary of us all. Over 6 years ago Obama declared he was the new bus driver. Now, said bus is presently in free fall having crashed through the barricade at the edge of the financial cliff a long time ago. None the less, he's still strapped in, and he still likes to check out how he looks in his bus driving cap as he catches an occassional glimpse of himself in the rear view. So, I suppose all that will be left to do once the bus finally splatters itself on the ground will be for Hill to step up and throw a match on it to burn off any hazardous materials which may be left over. :biggrin:
Would you vote for him?

This is full of pit falls, I know; and I'm not finished reading about him.

I know that I have more foreign policy experience than Dr. Carson, but I had more than Obama did when he was elected.

Just some food for thought.
Granny Bear Wrote:Would you vote for him?

This is full of pit falls, I know; and I'm not finished reading about him.

I know that I have more foreign policy experience than Dr. Carson, but I had more than Obama did when he was elected.

Just some food for thought.

Yeah, in a kind of chess-like blocking move? Sure
Well, it was the Republican party who ended slavery.
These race baiters tend to forget the party the love so dearly is the one who enslaved them a 150 years ago. (I don't want to hear about the parties changing). If that was the case they should have changed the name.