Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region 2015-2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Thoughts and Predictions for next season? Top returning players?
My Top 5 Teams
1. CC
2. SL
3. HC
4. NL
5. B'Ville

PLAYERS

SMITH, Farmer, Wolfe-CC
Broughton,Asher-NL
Taylor-C
Taylor, Grubb-SL
Carmichael-HC
Marsee-KC

There's a lot of good players in the region...Gonna be a Great season.
Gotta let free agency end first. I would add Dejour Frazier from OBI and Andrew Griffith to Count's list
^^^
Your 100% correct about those two. Excellent players, don't know how I forgot about them. I'm also sure there are more that I didn't mention.
Count Wrote:My Top 5 Teams
1. CC
2. SL
3. HC
4. NL
5. B'Ville

PLAYERS

SMITH, Farmer, Wolfe-CC
Broughton,Asher-NL
Taylor-C
Taylor, Grubb-SL
Carmichael-HC
Marsee-KC

There's a lot of good players in the region...Gonna be a Great season.

Good looking list. These young guns needs to be listed also.

Sophomore....Markelle Turner....Barbourville....I think Markelle will be one of top player in the state before he graduates.

Sophomore....Ryan Anders....South Laurel....Sky is the limit for this kids

Sophomore....Bayley Rice....North Laurel ( ? )....Somebody get him the ball down low. ( period )

Junior....Wade Ledford.....Barbourville....I like this kid game.

Freshman....Adam Sizemore...North Laurel....In time going to be a good one...Marked it down.

:pondering:
This is my rankings right now. Once June hits they will change.
1. Clay County
2. South Laurel
3. North Laurel
4. Barbourville
5. Corbin

Top Players
1. Caleb Taylor
2. Peyton Broughton
3. Blake Smith
4. Trey Farmer
5. Jared Grubb
6. Andrew Taylor
7. Andrew Griffith
8. Wade Liford

Cause Mountaindew said so.
I'm going to missed ranking Williamsburg at the 1 and 2 spot. :Sad04:
Barbourville will carry the 13th Region Class A torch this season 64Sure. Markell's Turner, Wade Liford and Brently Perry are solid players.
Cause Mountaindew said so. Gloooooorrrrryyyy
Mountaindew Wrote:Barbourville will carry the 13th Region Class A torch this season 64Sure. Markell's Turner, Wade Liford and Brently Perry are solid players.

I agree 100% :Cheerlead
Mountaindew Wrote:This is my rankings right now. Once June hits they will change.
1. Clay County
2. South Laurel
3. North Laurel
4. Barbourville
5. Corbin

Top Players
1. Caleb Taylor
2. Peyton Broughton
3. Blake Smith
4. Trey Farmer
5. Jared Grubb
6. Andrew Taylor
7. Andrew Griffith
8. Wade Liford

June :pondering: Now I'm thinking
My top 5:
South Laurel
Clay County
North Laurel
Corbin
Barbourville
1. Clay Co.
2. South
3. North
4. B-Ville
5. Corbin
List seems pretty consistent with most.

How will the teams in 52nd be? Can Harlan Co. or Bell Co. make any noise at all next year? I know M'boro will be way down, don't know much about Harlan Ind.
1: Clay
2: North
3: South
4: Harlan County
5: B'Ville/Corbin
Wolverine Wrote:My top 5:
South Laurel
Clay County
North Laurel
Corbin
Barbourville

No way South is #1 unless they add Griffin or another player.
Griffith sorry
Like I said. Wait till June the rankings will be changing. And if not then I guarantee by the beginning of school. Cause Mountaindew said so.
And even without Griffith, there isn't much that separates Big Clay and South Laurel.
I agree i think South and and Clay will be very close this season with a few others not far behind.
I'm in agreement with most on the top three teams as of now:

Clay (Smith, Farmer, and Wolfe)
- Replacing House will not be an easy task. House was great defensively and made timely shots. Depth could be an issue.

South (Taylor and Grubb)
- South will miss the physicality of Allen. The development of rotation players will be key.

North (Broughton and Asher)
- Broughton is excellent. The biggest concern for North will be their defense.
While transfers are still waiting to hear there best offers, I think no matter what happens, its either South or Clay.

I don't see anyone else in the running. Nobody. If a team like North or Corbin were to win region, IMHO it would be a major upset.
Let's be honest, the top two could change depending on "transfers". Some may not like it but it's real. If Clay grabs a solid, 10 and 8 big, they're hands down the favorite and there's a gap from them and everyone else. If South gets Griffith, they become slight favorites. If both happen, let's hope the region sets the two up for a final, not a semifinal matchup.

For now:

1. Clay County
2. South Laurel

Semi Gap

3. North Laurel
4. Barbourvile
5. Corbin

No disrespect but this isn't going to be a year were a team after that makes any type of run.
UKCC Wrote:For now:

1. Clay County
2. South Laurel

Semi Gap

3. North Laurel
4. Barbourvile
5. Corbin

No disrespect but this isn't going to be a year were a team after that makes any type of run.

I agree about Clay and South, and probably North, as the favorites, but I don't see that second group as being anything close to invincible.
If Corbin is there, why not Whitley, since they were pretty much equal last year with both losing two players?
I don't see Barbourville being head and shoulders ahead of Bell or Harlan County, or even OBI, since OBI played them very close in the All A last year and brings back its top two players.
rice to whitley and asher to clay and griffith to south would really change things up i love softball season its when all the good rumors about basketball really pick up. lol
At Page school in Bell Co. The word was Rice is head back to Corbin..
HCS Wrote:I agree about Clay and South, and probably North, as the favorites, but I don't see that second group as being anything close to invincible.
If Corbin is there, why not Whitley, since they were pretty much equal last year with both losing two players?
I don't see Barbourville being head and shoulders ahead of Bell or Harlan County, or even OBI, since OBI played them very close in the All A last year and brings back its top two players.

I understand what you mean, I just personally really like what I saw from Barbourvile. As for Corbin, as long as Tony is there they'll always be in my top 5-6. Doesn't Harlan County lose pretty much everything? Didn't pay much attention to Bell, seem to still be building. I always cheer for OBI as long as they're not playing Clay County.
Barbourville is better than Bell or Harlan County. Sorry HCS maybe you can still rank them high in your poll.
Bell will basically be a senior-dominated team next year. I think that's probably their best shot for a while.
Harlan County brings back two of the top sophomores in the region (Carmical and Spurlock) and a strong freshman team. It may take them a while though.
Mountaindew Wrote:Barbourville is better than Bell or Harlan County. Sorry HCS maybe you can still rank them high in your poll.

I had Barbourville fourth in my poll, just like you.
Mountaindew Wrote:Barbourville will carry the 13th Region Class A torch this season 64Sure. Markell's Turner, Wade Liford and Brently Perry are solid players.

Add Dinky to the equation and you have a great formula for success.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11