Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Florida Coaching Position
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With Billy Donovan leaving for OKC (NBA), who will be the next coach at Florida?
Smart move by Billy. Well, if he stays more than 24 hours.
Hes not Calipari. His well has run dry and he hes not getting any more top recruits in the future.
If im Florida and am stuck this late by a coach leaving, theres not many options. Either hire a holdover to get you threw next year and hope a good name comes up, or hire someone like Antigua and let him build. I think were about to see Florida permanently go back to sucking annually.

Sorry to the Lville fans who were a 100% sure Cal was going to OKC.

Maybe another day.
I think they should hire another Billy.........Gillespie.

Confusednicker:
Who cares?
The weak SEC conference just got weaker. The SEC has become the new Conference USA of basketball.
Stardust Wrote:The weak SEC conference just got weaker. The SEC has become the new Conference USA of basketball.

Not necessarily. With the hires of Howland at Miss. State, Avery Johnson at Bama, and Rick Barnes at Tennessee. Depending on who Florida hires I'd say the SEC is getting much stronger.
Pearl at Auburn too.
Pelphry
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Pelphry

If they're dumb enough to do that it will set them back 20 years.
Motley Wrote:If they're dumb enough to do that it will set them back 20 years.

Agreed. Great guy, just not a great head coach. Who would you recommend for the position? Not sure if there are many good ones available at this point.
At this point they just better hope to make a lucky hire that will hold them over a year or two until a viable candidate is freed up.
Michael White from Louisiana Tech has been hired.
And his assistant is former WVU standout Darris Nichols.