Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Ridge 4 Pikeville 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from 4/28

Pikeville took the game that was suspended earlier in the season 4-2

Current 59th standings:
East Ridge 2-1
Pikeville 1-1
Shelby Valley 1-1
Wow don't remember the last year ER and SV beat Pikeville in the same year. District is wide open.
Standings above can't be correct. 1 more win than losses.
East Ridge has beat Shelby Valley and Pikeville
Shelby Valley has beat Pikeville
Pikeville has beat East Ridge

East Ridge has yet to play Shelby Valley for a second time
Pikeville has yet to play Shelby Valley for a second time
Looks like this (bad) loss opens the door for the possibility of Pikeville not even making the regional tourney?:ChairHit: (By losing a first-round district tourney game) Pikeville with 9 losses - 6 by 1 run, 2 by 2 runs and the other to a NY team. The team will be VERY good at some point, hope it is this year...They need to figure out how to win the close ones.
jetpilot Wrote:Looks like this (bad) loss opens the door for the possibility of Pikeville not even making the regional tourney?:ChairHit: (By losing a first-round district tourney game) Pikeville with 9 losses - 6 by 1 run, 2 by 2 runs and the other to a NY team. The team will be VERY good at some point, hope it is this year...They need to figure out how to win the close ones.

They are young and will be fine. Reminds me of 2003 when there were a bunch of Sophomores, next two years they won 30 plus games. I dont suspect they will lose in the first game of district but who knows. Baseball is a funny game.

This bunch has some good wins as well.
Standings can't be correct since Shelby Valley and East Ridge have now both beaten Pikeville, and Pikeville has beaten SV once. Pikeville may not make Region this year. SV & ER have never beaten Pikeville in the same season by the way. Until now I guess.
Panthers have be streaky this year.

Season started off with 2 consecutive losses followed by 10 straight wins.

Since then they are playing about .500 baseball.

Baseball is a funny game, hoping the Panthers can get things turned around.

Offense is struggling for the past couple of weeks. Scoring 6 runs in the last 27 innings.