Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ryback is equal to....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Brooklyn Brawler.....

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSC8mfcW7rlQzR-foigJGf...grHYybb17Q]

Ryback will never be a champion or main event talent. He will be a jobber his entire career.
Ryback has not won any championship yet. He got over by the crowd, but he's not a good wrestler. Ryback needs to improve his mic skills to become impressive enough to carry a title.

This is where WWE could use more mouthpiece's like Paul Heyman. I have said it on here for years, the WWE could elevate guys like Ryback and Roman if they put them with a strong manager. Look what Heyman did for Curtis Axel. Axel was scratching main event territory when he was with Paul. Since then, he has turned into a jobber.
Any chance we see Lesnar turn Babyface and Ryback turn Heel.... put Heyman with Ryback.

That would be a BIG rivalry. Two of the WWE's biggest meat heads going at it.
I don't think Ryback is this generation's Brooklyn Brawler...
He's honestly not even a jobber right now: he's just a low to mid-card talent.
He beat Kane at TLC and he was on the winning Survivor Series team.

The guy is over with the crowd but (like Dusty said) he can't carry a mic and he can't carry a match.
Don't shoot me when I say this...
I can't be held accountable for the things that go through my mind...

but Ryback reminds me of Bill Goldberg.

Goldberg was a terrible wrestler with the crowd behind him, but the guys at WCW (for once) actually built something and it worked.

Goldberg wasn't amazing on the mic, but he was serviceable.

They can make something out of Ryback, and I think this whole "feed me more" gimmick is going to work. But WWE needs to actually "feed" him some guys and let him squash them.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Any chance we see Lesnar turn Babyface and Ryback turn Heel.... put Heyman with Ryback.

That would be a BIG rivalry. Two of the WWE's biggest meat heads going at it.

No, that would mean Brock would have to talk, and the reason he can't be a babyface on his own is the exact same reason why Ryback is failing today.
zaga_fan Wrote:Don't shoot me when I say this...
I can't be held accountable for the things that go through my mind...

but Ryback reminds me of Bill Goldberg.

Goldberg was a terrible wrestler with the crowd behind him, but the guys at WCW (for once) actually built something and it worked.

Goldberg wasn't amazing on the mic, but he was serviceable.

They can make something out of Ryback, and I think this whole "feed me more" gimmick is going to work. But WWE needs to actually "feed" him some guys and let him squash them.

I agree with this 100%! Bring back the squash! In order to get a "monster" over, you have to make them a monster. I have never understood the WWE booking of guys like Ryback, Big Show or Mark Henry. Now, do they know how to get a Monster over??? Yes, Rusev is someone who is considered a monster. He has a mouthpiece (hell of a lot better looking than Heyman), he beats people up, and they have kept him strong even in losses. This is exactly the same way they have booked Brock. Yet they have failed miserably with the previously mentioned three.
The manager is really an untapped market in the WWE right now.

I would like to see Heyman do more stuff. Give him a stable of two or three "Paul Heyman Guys" and let him do what he does best. Keep Brock in the mix and have him stay part-time.

If they couldn't talk Heyman into doing it full-time I'd like to see them pull Ric Flair into the picture and give him a couple guys to work with. He probably needs the money anyway.