Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New Lawrence County Coach on Staff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Blake Preece who coached Lexington Catholic to a state title is now on the coaching staff and the offensive coordinator. Word has it that he has been given total control of the offensive side of the ball and will be showing everyone in the region new looks and is very smart when it comes to play-calling. Once played at Lawrence County and is a LC alumni. Welcome Back to Louisa!!:letsparty
I wish him luck
Yea its a long time waiting here.
Batpuff Wrote:Yea its a long time waiting here.

I agree but I do believe that he is the right man for that side of the ball and should make the people of Louisa real proud.
I am very excited about this up coming year!!!! GO DAWGS
I remember when Blake played at Lawrence, he is a great guy. Do you think he will make a lot of changes to their current offense or just tweak it?
thecoacher Wrote:I remember when Blake played at Lawrence, he is a great guy. Do you think he will make a lot of changes to their current offense or just tweak it?

I see major changes.
What a great assit to the staff . This could be just what the doctor orderd with him coaching the offence and with boone back at QB we might just see something that LC has never had before I can't wait to see the 07 DAWGS one thing is for sure we will make the play offs next year .But I look for LC to take the district and go at least 3 rounds deep in the play offs but time will tell .

Welcome to the Family coach Preece or might I say welcome back.:howdy:
Dawg Family Wrote:What a great assit to the staff . This could be just what the doctor orderd with him coaching the offence and with boone back at QB we might just see something that LC has never had before I can't wait to see the 07 DAWGS one thing is for sure we will make the play offs next year .But I look for LC to take the district and go at least 3 rounds deep in the play offs but time will tell .

Welcome to the Family coach Preece or might I say welcome back.:howdy:

I have to agree here and believe that Lawrence County will take the district title next year.:1:
2 wins to District Champs and 3 rounds deep in the playoffs? That's a little bit of wishful thinking isn't it? That would be the biggest turnaround by far in the state in a year?
money$ Wrote:2 wins to District Champs and 3 rounds deep in the playoffs? That's a little bit of wishful thinking isn't it? That would be the biggest turnaround by far in the state in a year?

I guess you dont really follow football do you. We will be playing in the new alignment next year with Boyd, Greenup and Rowan Co and us that make up our district. We will be a much better team next year. The injury bug really killed us this year. So I think we can go 3 rounds deep in the playoffs as well.
I am definatly not saying it can't be done just that it would be a MAJOR turnaround. I know LC got killed with injuries. 3 Rounds deep would be the Regional Championship! That is deep but possible!
money$ Wrote:I am definatly not saying it can't be done just that it would be a MAJOR turnaround. I know LC got killed with injuries. 3 Rounds deep would be the Regional Championship! That is deep but possible!

Yea I know it would be a major turn around but that is what is needed.
We'll they'll certainly make the playoffs and I see them having a great chance to beat at least two of the three teams that they'll see in the playoffs and they should be at least even with Boyd County so they have a great chance of getting those first two games and that would put them in the 3rd round.
Is the rumor about Chuke Williams making a return as head coach at Lawrence County true? I heard all year long and been hearing it even more now that football is over. If they hired a guy from Lex Cath who is an offensive coordinator I couldn't see them hiring Chuke as head coach considering he will only run ONE offense.
Chuke isnt coming dont worry about that one.
Batpuff Wrote:Chuke isnt coming dont worry about that one.

Thanks for clearing that up Batpuff. I wasn't trying to get anything stirred up, that really is a rumor goin around.
Redneck Wrote:Thanks for clearing that up Batpuff. I wasn't trying to get anything stirred up, that really is a rumor goin around.

No Chuke Williams on the LC sideline this year for sure, trust me.:Clap:
I wish him the best of luck in Lousia.
easternkysportsguru Wrote:No Chuke Williams on the LC sideline this year for sure, trust me.:Clap:

Yeah, Batpuff cleared that up already, but thanks anyways.
I think is this a good move and will help LC out alot this year, i look for them to make the post season
We AINT in the district but we are happy to be playing there again.. I love old rivalries re-opened... That is probably the only good thing about this realignment...
Black and Gold Wrote:I think is this a good move and will help LC out alot this year, i look for them to make the post season

I would hope so considering its only a 4 team district.:thumpsup:
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:We AINT in the district but we are happy to be playing there again.. I love old rivalries re-opened... That is probably the only good thing about this realignment...

I am glad that Lawrence and Russell are playing again on the schedule. Does LC have to come to Russell or is Russell coming to Louisa this year? I saw some of the LC schedule the other day and every week is going to be tough when you play the likes of Russell, Belfry, Prestonsburg and Breathitt County.
Hope Blake can turn the program around, We need something!
I think we will see this LC team turn the corner this year.
What type of offense do you think he will use?
Not real sure but if I had to throw out a guess I would say something of a spread-option. Kinda in the area of what Urban Meyer runs at Florida.
That can make things tough on a high school defense!!!
thecoacher Wrote:That can make things tough on a high school defense!!!

Well this is the type of offense that he knows like the back of his hand is why I through that guess out there.
Pages: 1 2