Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Region 3 Dist 6 Large School
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who should make this list? AAA Teams. No 4A teams in this Dist.
I would say that JC will have quite a few players on this list.

Grim, Johnson, Tackett, Taylor, Dials, Baldwin, Conley, Hampton, and another lineman or two.
Drew Mcdavid for sure makes this list as a receiver.
This will come out in the ADI on Saturday and Sunday before Christmas.
So who should be the QB?
when does this come out??
Congratulations to Drew McDavid on making the All-State team!
DevilsWin Wrote:So who should be the QB?
Thats a good question? i looked up the big school teams like greenup,lawrence,boyd and ashland etc.
If they go bye stats, passing yards, Mahan from Ashland has the most.
ttt
I would have to go with Mahan also.
I didnt catch alot of games for the Tomcats this season, but was Mahan good?
I know he didnt start his first game, how did he do in big games?
He won 2 games in 5 OT periods against Russell and Belfry in back to back weeks.
Mahan had his good games, and sadly he had his bad games. He normally was able to step up his play in the bigger games and in pressure situations. The only big games he had heavy problems with were Johnson Central.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Mahan had his good games, and sadly he had his bad games. He normally was able to step up his play in the bigger games and in pressure situations. The only big games he had heavy problems with were Johnson Central.
Yeah he did have trouble, throwing for 256 in 2games against isnt bad. Is he still good enough to come out with All-Area quarterback?
from what i was told today 9 players from Ashland made the team
Lacy Sondgrass,Luke Bonner,Matt Thomas,Matt Bartram,Darrell Mahan,Travis Galleher,Fields Davis,Ryan Bonner,Drew McDdavid.
Selections came out yesterday! Does anyone know for sure who made what?
Tomcat68 Wrote:Mahan had his good games, and sadly he had his bad games. He normally was able to step up his play in the bigger games and in pressure situations. The only big games he had heavy problems with were Johnson Central.
When Ashland played JC i was more impressed with Mahan than any other player. His line couldnt block for him he done most of his passing on the run or under a lot of pressure. He gets my vote for the QB spot. He was fun to watch he complete one long pass play with two or three JC players hanging on him.
Ashland-Davis,Snodgrass,Mahan,Luke and Ryan Bonner,Thomas,Bartram,McDavid,Gallaher,

Greenup-Justics, Grayson

Johnson Central- Grim,dials,welch,conley,tackett,taylor, i think like 1 or 2 others?

Lawerence- Robert brothers and carter

boyd-not sure?

rowan-not sure?
Hard Hitter Wrote:When Ashland played JC i was more impressed with Mahan than any other player. His line couldnt block for him he done most of his passing on the run or under a lot of pressure. He gets my vote for the QB spot. He was fun to watch he complete one long pass play with two or three JC players hanging on him.
I was also at the game and seen the pass when everyone thought he was going down, i think competing it to Thomas ?
He's an alright QB, and has a better arm then IMO anyone around right now.
RivalsMan08 Wrote:I was also at the game and seen the pass when everyone thought he was going down, i think competing it to Thomas ?
He's an alright QB, and has a better arm then IMO anyone around right now.
He has a very strong arm and was pretty accurate when given time.
Hard Hitter Wrote:He has a very strong arm and was pretty accurate when given time.
i agree. He needs to do alot of watching film for next season.
Would be able to play college level. DII or NAIA?
RivalsMan08 Wrote:i agree. He needs to do alot of watching film for next season.
Would be able to play college level. DII or NAIA?
I agree . He is plenty strong enough. He will be hard to handle next year.
What colleges would be interested in him. He has a good size for a QB at like 6'2 210
He should lead in passing around's around the area/ region next season! good luck.
RivalsMan08 Wrote:Ashland-Davis,Snodgrass,Mahan,Luke and Ryan Bonner,Thomas,Bartram,McDavid,Gallaher,

Greenup-Justics, Grayson

Johnson Central- Grim,dials,welch,conley,tackett,taylor, i think like 1 or 2 others?

Lawerence- Robert brothers and carter

boyd-not sure?

rowan-not sure?

I'm pretty sure the other two from JC are Blake Johnson and James Barrett. There can't be too many more from Boyd and Rowan, as I think they only have 25 on the team. Congrats to all the young men that were named to the team as well as honorable mention.
Some of the players from Lawerence that i spoke to, told me Johnson wasn't any show in the all area picture?
RivalsMan08 Wrote:Some of the players from Lawerence that i spoke to, told me Johnson wasn't any show in the all area picture?

From what I was told Johnson nor Barrett were there from JC. Not sure the circumstances, don't know if they were ill or had to miss due to interference with classes or what. I hate that they couldn't be there, I think if you're being honored all the players should be in the picture. That's not a personal knock at Blake nor Barrett, because as we all know life throws us curves sometimes and sometimes we have to prioritize.