Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tennessee expected to hire Rick Barnes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tennessee has offered its opening to Rick Barnes and, barring a late snag in negotiations, the former Texas coach is expected to accept, a source told CBSSports.com.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketba...-tennessee
Good hire by Tennessee that can put that program back on the map.
I would have thought Tennessee would have hired the Belmont coach or Jeff Neubaur from Eastern Kentucky.
Texas is dumb for letting him go.
Me too Ballers. And it was all about them wanting his staff to go and him staying. Gotta admire his loyalty.
Absolutely hate Tennessee, but this is a home run hire for them, especially with Cuonzo Martin being on the hot seat just 3 years in, and after the whole Donnie Tyndall debacle. Rick Barnes is a proven coach, has the necessary resource in Tennessee, plus he's still got the recruiting pipeline in Texas.

I'll have to say the programs in the SEC have brought in some high profile coaching names, Bruce Pearl at Auburn last year, Mississippi State bringing in Ben Howland, and now Tennessee with Barnes. The future is looking as bright as ever for SEC Basketball.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:I would have thought Tennessee would have hired the Belmont coach or Jeff Neubaur from Eastern Kentucky.

Scratch that....Neuby is headed to Fordham.