Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region girls review/preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How did the girls do at the 13th region all star game yesterday? Did anyone go? Any girls stand out underclass wise?
No one kept a book.
The 13th didn't look as good as I expected. The 14th Region won.
Good group of young talent coming back in the 13th though.
Some pretty good talent at the top of the freshman class, but not much depth. Other than Harlan County, the teams in the freshman regional were pretty bad. Of course, Whitley lost its top two to injuries and North is starting a couple on varsity.
The sophomore class isn't very strong, other than three or four players around the region.
Nex season the region should be interesting, could be 4-5 teams that could possibly win it. Obviously there are 1-2 teams that will be considered the favorite but there are some other teams that could make a run. After next season te region could be down as a whole. Harlan Co will be really good and a couple teams will have 1-2 good players but not as much quality in the region as there as been in the past few years.
Obviously Blair Green is very good already but I think that class has a few more thats capable depending on how hard they work to be very good also. Madison Sheppard is the one I see developing into a really really good player if she works hard. . Hannah Lawson is another as she works on her left hand. Taylor Cromer has the athletic ability to be special if she would just focus on basketball all summer and not play so much softball. Harlan co has some really nice young girls. Mathis(7th) is gonna be really good. she stays in the gym. Estes and frazier from whitley will have a good year.
The score was 81-57 with 14th region underclassmen winning. This group of girls could beat anybody in the state. Creech (Jenkins), Hollifield(KCC), Johnson (Hazard), Gibson (Owsley), Higgins ( KCC), Waugh (KCC), and Cash (Lee) . Creech and Higgins were slashers. Gibson and Hollifield had great rebounds and put ins in the post. Johnson looked good all the way around but especially the shooting of 3's. Cash had a good game too with driving to ths basket. The 13th region looked weak in this age group.
The 13th Region also had the Green girl out, had 2-3 out for injuries and moved up some juniors to the senior team.
Good point.
Green was playing with her AAU team.
Massingill and Bruner, the top two juniors, played on the senior team, which I think was a mistake.
I think with those three, in a game situation, the 13th wins.
The 13th isn't real deep though, I will admit. Most of the young talent is in three or four places.