Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: JC 50 North Hardin 41
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great defensive effort by the guys from Eagleville. McCarty had 17 to lead all scorers and played a great overall game dishing out about 6 assists as well. JC led the whole way but really pulled away in the 4th against a very scrappy North Hardin team. North seemed confused against JC's 1-3-1 matchup defense and could never get penetration. Great game but they have another tough one Wed. against Louisville Brown.
eaglehoops Wrote:Great game but they have another tough one Wed. against Louisville Brown.

Great job tonight guys, much lower scoring of a game than what I would have guessed. We should win easily come Wednesday. Louisville Brown does not have an impressive W-L record over the past 3 seasons going 36-66, but as the way Friday's game went, hopefully we will not take them lightly. Good luck Wednesday, and hopefully start out 3-0.
The Eagles played very well and i was really impressed with there Defense.
Everyone played as a team and executed, they seemed as if they were trying to hold the ball from North Hardin and done it well.
North Hardin had some really big and nice athletes, Autrey didnt do much tonight he could penetrate at all, Meek done a really good job defending him and Welch was also impressive tonight, rebounding the basketball.
Great team effort tonight in beating the #2 ranked team in the 15th region behind E-town
JC and Paintsville a capibale of beating teams of this caliber, just not the rest of the 15th region. the 15th is like this you have JC & Paintsville at the top and then you have the rest of the region..IMO, both of these teams will be in the states top 25 ratings at sometime or another during this season...jmo.
Moe Wrote:JC and Paintsville a capibale of beating teams of this caliber, just not the rest of the 15th region. the 15th is like this you have JC & Paintsville at the top and then you have the rest of the region..IMO, both of these teams will be in the states top 25 ratings at sometime or another during this season...jmo.

I agree, you may want to throw Shelby Valley in the mix, they won soundly tonight. It would be something great to see possibly 3, 15th region teams in the Top 25.
Congrats JC
congrats JC
watchin-u Wrote:The Eagles played very well and i was really impressed with there Defense.
Everyone played as a team and executed, they seemed as if they were trying to hold the ball from North Hardin and done it well.
North Hardin had some really big and nice athletes, Autrey didnt do much tonight he could penetrate at all, Meek done a really good job defending him and Welch was also impressive tonight, rebounding the basketball.
Great team effort tonight in beating the #2 ranked team in the 15th region behind E-town
Johnson Central was out athleted tonight but was more agressive on both ends of the floor than North Hardin and pulled away at the end. Eagles will have to start shooting the ball a little better as the season goes on. Dont want to make light of the Eagle effort but North Hardin finished the season last year with only a 10-16 record and was missing their top 3 players tonight. Two brothers transferred to Georgia in the fall, one being 7'1" and another player that did not play was their 6'5" quarterback on the football team who tore his knee up playing football.

Good job JC on the win and good luck against Brown. Should be an easy one as Brown is one of the states weaker teams.
Good Game Eagles!!
Congrats Eagles!
Moe, caliber of what this is not the north hardin of 3 years a go and Brown, not a strong team at all, paintsville at least played bryan station and henry clay over the weekend. scheduling team from down state that are not any good does not say you can compete outside the 15th. congrates eagles!!, good post rooster
This North Hardin team is not the team of three years ago, but they are rated #2 in a very tough 5th region ahead of teams like Adair County,John Hardin, Caverna, and the only team rated ahead of them in the 5th is state Power Elizabethtown. I know Lou. Brown is bad, not once did I mention. But the two games Paintsville played Bryan Station, and Henry Clay were winable games for the tigers and both of these two team were rated in the top 20 in the state.
Bryan Station is #10 and Henry Clay is #18.
watchin-u Wrote:Great team effort tonight in beating the #2 ranked team in the 15th region behind E-town

???
rooster Wrote:Johnson Central was out athleted tonight but was more agressive on both ends of the floor than North Hardin and pulled away at the end. Eagles will have to start shooting the ball a little better as the season goes on. Dont want to make light of the Eagle effort but North Hardin finished the season last year with only a 10-16 record and was missing their top 3 players tonight. Two brothers transferred to Georgia in the fall, one being 7'1" and another player that did not play was their 6'5" quarterback on the football team who tore his knee up playing football.

Good job JC on the win and good luck against Brown. Should be an easy one as Brown is one of the states weaker teams.

Wrong Bud, they had there 2 best players playing tonight, They are both ranked in the top 10 in there region.
Could you give me some names because i can tell you who started for them last night. You crack everyone up by not ever knowing what you are talking anout.
http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=107828

Preseason favorites before the brothers moved. Still 2nd after the move. Autrey played very well last night. Good mid-range game. Johnson Central played as a unit on offense and defense. Their defense really kept North Hardin off the boards. Outrebounded them 37-33.
rooster Wrote:Johnson Central was out athleted tonight but was more agressive on both ends of the floor than North Hardin and pulled away at the end. Eagles will have to start shooting the ball a little better as the season goes on. Dont want to make light of the Eagle effort but North Hardin finished the season last year with only a 10-16 record and was missing their top 3 players tonight. Two brothers transferred to Georgia in the fall, one being 7'1" and another player that did not play was their 6'5" quarterback on the football team who tore his knee up playing football.

You begin congratulating the Eagles near the beginning and then you bring them down trying to say things about LAST YEAR's North Hardin team. LAST YEAR has nothing to do with THIS YEAR Rooster. You are wrong when you say they were without their best player because Autrey played and so did La-Rod King. They also had a 6'8 kid(not sure on the name but he was a sophomore and started) so size was still present in this game for North Hardin.
Congrats JC
watchin-u Wrote:Wrong Bud, they had there 2 best players playing tonight, They are both ranked in the top 10 in there region.
Could you give me some names because i can tell you who started for them last night. You crack everyone up by not ever knowing what you are talking anout.

6'6" James Sykes---Transferred to Georgia

7'1" Jamarious Sykes----Transferred to Georgia

6'5" Quarterback from the football team ( yeah your right I cant think of his name)-----Blew his knee out
rooster Wrote:6'6" James Sykes---Transferred to Georgia

7'1" Jamarious Sykes----Transferred to Georgia

6'5" Quarterback from the football team ( yeah your right I cant think of his name)-----Blew his knee out

That QB your talking about plays for Holmes not North Hardin
and they still had a guy 6'8 and two 6'6 guys that started
Big_Ben#7 Wrote:You begin congratulating the Eagles near the beginning and then you bring them down trying to say things about LAST YEAR's North Hardin team. LAST YEAR has nothing to do with THIS YEAR Rooster. You are wrong when you say they were without their best player because Autrey played and so did La-Rod King. They also had a 6'8 kid(not sure on the name but he was a sophomore and started) so size was still present in this game for North Hardin.
I didn't say that North Hardin was not any good by any means. I just made mention that they finished the season last year with a 10-16 record and didn't have 3 of thier best returning players playing last night. I think that is a relative point. I didn't say the first bad word about anybody.
watchin-u Wrote:That QB your talking about plays for Holmes not North Hardin
and they still had a guy 6'8 and two 6'6 guys that started
I know who they had starting, and your bad wrong on the other part there sonny. He plays for NH. Holmes is in Covington and nowhere close to NH.
rooster Wrote:I know who they had starting, and your bad wrong on the other part there sonny. He plays for NH. Holmes is in Covington and nowhere close to NH.

No you are wrong, and that still doesnt change the fact that they are #2 in the 5th region and have 2 of the top 10 players.
So stop being so negative.
watchin-u Wrote:No you are wrong, and that still doesnt change the fact that they are #2 in the 5th region and have 2 of the top 10 players.
So stop being so negative.
No I am sorry but I am not wrong. Nothing negative at all, just not taking the "homer" approach. Central beat a good team, just not a powerhouse.
Well in order to be a POWERHOUSE, so to speak. You have to year in year out contend for a regional championship, so so bud wrong again. North Hardin is for-real this year.
watchin-u Wrote:Well in order to be a POWERHOUSE, so to speak. You have to year in year out contend for a regional championship, so so bud wrong again. North Hardin is for-real this year.
Since your probably 15 or 16 years old at the most,I'm sure you've been around long enough to be considered an expert.
rooster Wrote:Since your probably 15 or 16 years old at the most,I'm sure you've been around long enough to be an expert.

:lmao:
rooster Wrote:Since your probably 15 or 16 years old at the most,I'm sure you've been around long enough to be considered an expert.

Sorry wrong again not 15 or 16, you are on a roll tonight and you dont have to be around the game long to know a good team when you see one. Its basketball IQ. You probably havent even played the way you talk.
watchin-u Wrote:Sorry wrong again not 15 or 16, you are on a roll tonight and you dont have to be around the game long to know a good team when you see one. Its basketball IQ. You probably havent even played the way you talk.
Smile Ok then , I was giving you the benefit of a doubt.

Yeah well , I played just a little in the day.
rooster Wrote:Smile Ok then , I was giving you the benefit of a doubt.

Yeah well , I played just a little in the day.

SO JEALOUS OF MEEK AND MCCARTY
SORRY ABOUT THAT!
Big_Ben#7 Wrote:They also had a 6'8 kid(not sure on the name but he was a sophomore and started) so size was still present in this game for North Hardin.

Sorry, but there was no 6'8" kid on the floor. The PA announcer listed their starting center as 6'4", and I would say that was about right. The other tall kid that they had was extremely thin, and wasn't any sort of inside presence. Not that North Hardin is a bad team, but unless they improve their outside shooting they won't be very successful this season.