Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 95 - Craig Co., Va. 29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
post updates if you have any.
Anyone know if it is on the radio or webcast?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Anyone know if it is on the radio or webcast?

possibly radio
We need some updates!
?????
Shelby Valley wins 95-29
alfus21 Wrote:Shelby Valley wins 95-29

Just like everyone predicted..a major blowout...
Congrats Valley,anybody have any stats?
congrats Valley
What does this prove anything about how good Valley is...Yeah that got a win against a terrible team...Seems to me they just wanted to get an easy win instead of playing some tougher competition considering it was there own tournament...
Don't jump all over Valley just because they play a perfect game. I was at the games and JC, North Hardin, and Belfry didn't impress me any at all.
well its classless. just like last year against David. Valley has lost all of it's class. I for one am dissapointed. Seems to me like there's something in the water over there. Last year David came in and Valley trampled them about 95 to 14, then this, then in the Pike Co. Bowl they rean up the boards on their opponent. I know football has nothing to do wwith the basketball program, but I just wonder sometimes why that they run up the score so high. I mean i have LOADS of respect for them they are a very very talented team. But why would yo need wins with margins as big as they make?
like u said coach cline they have no class or no sportsmanship whats so ever i was at the david game last yr n they pressed them the whole game
Coach Cline Wrote:well its classless. just like last year against David. Valley has lost all of it's class. I for one am dissapointed. Seems to me like there's something in the water over there. Last year David came in and Valley trampled them about 95 to 14, then this, then in the Pike Co. Bowl they rean up the boards on their opponent. I know football has nothing to do wwith the basketball program, but I just wonder sometimes why that they run up the score so high. I mean i have LOADS of respect for them they are a very very talented team. But why would yo need wins with margins as big as they make?

It was 92-6 in the David game last year I believe. It's not Shelby Valley's fault a team can't score anymore than 6 points. They probably shouldn't have even fielded a team last year. No offense but it's true. It did no good to anybody, including David and all the 59th district teams that didn't want to play them but had to.

As for this game, I don' t know anything that happened, but it's not that awful of a score. There are scores like these a couple of times a week all over the state.
Congrats Valley
Charlie Wrote:What does this prove anything about how good Valley is...Yeah that got a win against a terrible team...Seems to me they just wanted to get an easy win instead of playing some tougher competition considering it was there own tournament...

AMEN
alfus21 Wrote:It was 92-6 in the David game last year I believe. It's not Shelby Valley's fault a team can't score anymore than 6 points. They probably shouldn't have even fielded a team last year. No offense but it's true. It did no good to anybody, including David and all the 59th district teams that didn't want to play them but had to.

As for this game, I don' t know anything that happened, but it's not that awful of a score. There are scores like these a couple of times a week all over the state.

I agree completely with your post now that I think about it. I didnt mean the boys were classless because all they can do is what the coach tells them, and I agree with the David School comment as well. I guess my previous post wasnt thought out well, but I do have a point....The Coaches are looking for big wins or something. I didnt mean it in any way to offend any people from or associated with Valley. I just think that 95-6 is a major blow to the egos of any player in any age group in any sport ya know? I guess the boys couldnt help it. All I'm tryin to get it is the coach needs to call off the dogs (the Cats in this case) when the lead is getting rediculously high. But I do suppose the Valley players want to show the crowd and the coach their potential as well.
kysportsguru Wrote:Don't jump all over Valley just because they play a perfect game. I was at the games and JC, North Hardin, and Belfry didn't impress me any at all.

They might not have impressed you because they played much tougher competition, surely you weren't impressed by Valley beating up on an obvious WEAKER opponent. I'm not saying Valley can only beat beat weaker teams cause they are gonna be a force in the region, but come on man, 95-29 doesn't prove anything.
alfus21 Wrote:It was 92-6 in the David game last year I believe. It's not Shelby Valley's fault a team can't score anymore than 6 points. They probably shouldn't have even fielded a team last year. No offense but it's true. It did no good to anybody, including David and all the 59th district teams that didn't want to play them but had to.

The coach shouldn't have had them press man to man the whole game, so in a way it was Valleys fault.
Smile I'd love to know where people get this from that they pressed the whole game. They played half court man for pretty much the entire second half.
Congrats Valley
MRC06 Wrote:Smile I'd love to know where people get this from that they pressed the whole game. They played half court man for pretty much the entire second half.

Against David?
A perfect game???? Is there such a thing????? Listen...against that team a good 7th grade team would have had no problem...that was one of the worst high school teams I have ever seen...Piarist beats them by 25+!! Belfry had practiced THREE days together...did they play perfect?? Not even close...but they did play EXTREMELY HARD...so did Johnson Central...the same can't be said for North Hardin...they seemed to not even want to compete...JC outworked them...
Great game Shelby Valley. Way to set the tone for the whole season! We are undeafeated so far and we are going to keep it up.
the only reason why the score was that bad, is because Craig Co. couldn't hit a shot the whole game. They were snake bit, and couldn't make it
Snake bit??? They were so bad that everyone in the stands were hoping they would break 30!!! The people I sat with felt sorry for them...and one coach there scouting from another region said that was the worst team he had seen in his 30 years of coaching...
Good job Valley.
Hoops Lover Wrote:and one coach there scouting from another region said that was the worst team he had seen in his 30 years of coaching...

Apparently he hasn't seen David before...
kysportsguru Wrote:Don't jump all over Valley just because they play a perfect game. I was at the games and JC, North Hardin, and Belfry didn't impress me any at all.

LOL perfect game huh?
Will JC and Belfry impress you if they beat SV?
SVWildcat2010 Wrote:We are undeafeated so far and we are going to keep it up.

For how long?
Pages: 1 2