Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Owensboro vs. Bowling Green - Sweet 16 Finals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Owensboro Red Devils (29-4) from Region 3 will play The Bowling Green Purples (31-5) from Region 4 for the 2015 Sweet 16 State Championship.

These teams have played one time this season...... January 3rd @ Muhlenberg County.
Owensboro won 79-71 in Overtime.

I'm glad no Louisville/Lexington/NKY or any private schools are in the finals.

Bowling Green is a 5A Public School.
Owensboro is a 4A Public School.
The ref from the KCC Calloway game got what he wanted. His alma mater into the championship. Let the conspiracy continue and let them win.

BG by 5. Go Owensboro.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The Owensboro Red Devils (29-4) from Region 3 will play The Bowling Green Purples (31-5) from Region 4 for the 2015 Sweet 16 State Championship.

These teams have played one time this season...... January 3rd @ Muhlenberg County.
Owensboro won 79-71 in Overtime.

I'm glad no Louisville/Lexington/NKY or any private schools are in the finals.

Bowling Green is a 5A Public School.
Owensboro is a 4A Public School.

They actually played twice. Owensboro is actually the last team to beat Bowling Green, doing so 69-66 in February at Bowling Green. Owensboro has been one of the very, very few teams that has managed to diminish Bowling Green's shooting. Two of the three worst shooting performances the Purples have had this season came in their two games against Owensboro. That's because the Red Devils have a shot blocker like Holman inside where Bowling Green does almost all its damage. Bowling Green is shooting upwards of 55-60% for the entire Sweet 16 because none of the teams they've played have been able to do anything to keep them out of the paint or from getting to the rim. And when they don't get the ball in they often get to the line. Owensboro has been able to stop them from doing that at will.
Either their 2nd meeting wasn't on the khsaa score board or I just over looked it.
JMO,, Owensboro has the best point guard in the tournament.. Been very impressed with #20
Very calm and cool player..
Owensboro has 2 Big Inside people and a good point guard. I like them to win the Championship.
I'll be for Owensboro since its all-time greatest player was Cliff Hagan. Of course, unlike Pulp Fiction, I would have preferred a team from Lexington, Louisville, Northern Kentucky, or, above all, a private school. I'll have to settle for Owensboro.

I think Pulp Fiction was honed in on Johnson Central versus Knott County Central on Saturday with the winner winning the championship. Of course, if that had happened, we would probably have the justice department and Al Sharpton down here investigating.:biggrin:
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I'll be for Owensboro since its all-time greatest player was Cliff Hagan. Of course, unlike Pulp Fiction, I would have preferred a team from Lexington, Louisville, Northern Kentucky, or, above all, a private school. I'll have to settle for Owensboro.

I think Pulp Fiction was honed in on Johnson Central versus Knott County Central on Saturday with the winner winning the championship. Of course, if that had happened, we would probably have the justice department and Al Sharpton down here investigating.:biggrin:

What happen to the Catholic......:pondering: Silver spoon boys. :biglmao:
64SUR Wrote:What happen to the Catholic......:pondering: Silver spoon boys. :biglmao:

Well, 64SUR, my privates didn't quite sweep the basketball championships this year but, as you suggest, they certainly still have their silver spoons and those silver spoons count for a lot in this life.:biggrin:
They had their nuns cheering for them, too...in full habit! So cool!!!!
Black Bear Dad Wrote:They had their nuns cheering for them, too...in full habit! So cool!!!!

But they didn't have any Baptist preachers taking up non taxable love offerings at the potluck dinner.:Thumbs: