Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyd County Weight Meet Results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Top 3 out of 9 teams
1st Montgomery Co.
2nd Greenup Co.
3rd Johnson Cenrtal
Montgomery won by 1 point. Only 2 points seperated 1st from 3rd.
Raceland had a rough lift day, but thats how it goes. Kids are getting stronger though. Proud of my cousin Soph Logan Mauk. New clean PR i believe at 205 and his squat was up 20lbs from the Raceland meet. Isaac Wallace had a better showing finishing 2nd in his weight class behind strongman Dalton Stamm and Bailey Walker won his weight class for the Rams. Lots of good lifts today across the board .
What schools were there? What lifts did they do?
Cade Warnock, Jake Wright, Eric Timberlake and Greg Potter all won weight classes for GC.
Montgomery, Greenup, Johnson Central, raceland, Boyd, Wheelersburg, Spring Valley, Lewis.
3 lifts were bench, power clean and squat.
So Montgomery and Spring Valley were the new additions from the past Raceland meet? Would have loved to had seen Montgomery Co.
Montgomery has alot of big kids. They had a 200 pound rb that was strong as an ox.
Coupon21 Wrote:Montgomery has alot of big kids. They had a 200 pound rb that was strong as an ox.

Does anyone know any 3 lift totals.
I dont. Warnock from GC in the 175lb class was the first kid over 1000lb.
Walker from Raceland squated 500. Very impressive for 185 lb kid.
How did that boy from Lewis County that benches 480 and squats 600 do at the meet?
LC kid was overall high lifter.
Did he bench and squat what they said he did?
I saw Dalton squat 550 with ease and he cleaned 225 like it was a broom stick. Kid is a mule, but from what i have seen, he doesnt move very well out of the backfield when getting the ball. Now, he is a very good blocker though, and once he has the ball he is hard to brig down. Absolutley strong as an ox.
Coupon21 Wrote:Walker from Raceland squated 500. Very impressive for 185 lb kid.

Bailey Walker is a very strong and very Hard worker. He comes from a football family. Cousin and uncle Seth and Andrew Walker and his dad Matt were all great players at Raceland. I think Bailey benches well over 300 and cleans over 200 as well. Raceland and Greenup Co will both have strong junior classes next year. I helped coach the Raceland kids in JFL and this class of boys from Greenup and Raceland were some of the best junior football league games Ive seen. Lots and lots of tallent, size, strength and hard nosed football players on those squads.
Should be some good battles the next two years. Warnock (GC), Wright (GC), and Walker ® have to be pound for pound some of the strongest kids in the area. Warnock squats 475, cleans 265, and benchs 275 at 175lbs.
If Greenup can get their offense situated, look out. They did more than enough all season log last year , on the defensive side of the ball. Just couldnt ever get anything going consistantly on offense. Byrd hasnt been able to get back to what he was sincehis breakout season. They really need to work on spreading things out. They have alot of good STRONG atheletes that could prove difficult for CBs and Safeties to bring down in 1 on 1 situations. I saw the Raceland game last year and offensively, they seemed to lack any real direction or plan. Just 3 blasts and out, 2 blast and a bootleg to the flats, repeat, repeat, repeat. Sometimes simplicity works, look at Belfrey. But u have to have the skill set and a special group of players for that. At the HS level, teams thay wanna ground and pound, best be able to pick up more than 2-3 yards on 1st down.
Byrd had 700 yards last season, a year after knee surgery. Unlike his big sophomore year. There was more talent to spread the carries around. Wright had 13 tds. And Warnock at fb average 5 yrds a carry. Fumbles killed this team all year. Rowan, Russell and Ashland games in particular. All there of those games were lost in the 4th qrt. And 3 fumbles in each. Raceland and JC are really the only games GC couldnt run the ball.
Minus the state semis, that was possibly Racelands most sluggish offensive perfermance. I credit the GC defense for that though. If the. Muskies get their offense going, they will win alot of ball games.
you don't have to woory about the kid from lewis county he's a senior
I thought he was. Neone know if he has gotten any looks from colleges?
I would think with his strength he could find a home on someones DL or at FB.
I agree. Cannot put a finger on what the boy from Lewis Co played on defense (if any) but not sure he would make a great RB but he could definitely find a place on the line someplace. He has a lot to offer a school someplace. Sammy Smith has a huge squat but was coming off a surgery so did not compete at Raceland. Russell needs to get our big guys stronger. TJ should have them where they need to be in a few years. Slone benches 325 deadlifts 510 and squats a lil over 400 but had a broken wrist and said he just did what he needed to do to win his class. Russell needs some 6'4" giants but we have short and stocky DNA families in Flatwoods. Lol
Lol Raceland seems to keep 6'-6'3 kids in rotation for the OL year in and year out, with a few 6'5+ guys every few years, we have been lucky. TJ will have them whipped into a championship team before too long
What's the stud fee in Raceland? Would a Russell/Raceland mix be a beast or obomination? Lol
Lol. Realistically its already there. Such a small community, you could put all of the greenup co schools together and still be smaller than Trinity. I have said many times though, that if a merging of Raceland and Russell ever happened, it would produce some really freakig good atheletics. Seems that one always has what the other is lacking each year. Especially on football. That would be a time for platooning that would have the entire states head turning. For the area, hopefully it never happens bc the rivalry is so much fun, but damn what a football team that would be.
Imagine GC, Raceland and Russells sophomore classes on one team. WOW.
Yea. Raceland has alot of lineman in that class, but some really nice LB/DB hybrid type players, really strong RBs. Russell has a crop of speed in that class and Greenups LBs are all sophmores and the addition of Jerrel Jackson who i dont believe played last year. Atleast i didnt here his name called in the Raceland game. These 3 teams should have some good football ahead of them over the next several years. Surely some classic battles to be had.
Their is a video of him squatting on facebook, he got it easy