Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cov. Cath. 61 Doss 48 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Rupp Arena.

Owensboro vs. Cov. Cath. Saturday Night in the Final Four.
Excellent.
Covington Catholic is a fun team to watch. How sweet if they were to win back-to back championships. I believe Fairdale was last team to do that in 1990-91.
CovCath is the most eastern team left in the tournament. Hopefully, those ardent fans from the eastern part of the Commonwealth will root for their nearest neighbor.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:CovCath is the most eastern team left in the tournament. Hopefully, those ardent fans from the eastern part of the Commonwealth will root for their nearest neighbor.

I was pulling for Lousiville Doss. :truestory:
64SUR Wrote:I was pulling for Lousiville Doss. :truestory:

Well, they would have been the most eastern team left if they had won so I guess you were being loyal to your area. My post was a bit tongue in cheek because I realize that many Kentuckians won't root for a private school over a government school and that is particularly true in the east. that, too, is fine since I have often posted that I root for all privates over government schools. We are truly products of our heredity and environment.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Well, they would have been the most eastern team left if they had won so I guess you were being loyal to your area. My post was a bit tongue in cheek because I realize that many Kentuckians won't root for a private school over a government school and that is particularly true in the east. that, too, is fine since I have often posted that I root for all privates over government schools. We are truly products of our heredity and environment.

Products of what recruiting the best kids in surrounding county that has a lot of MONEY.....GO CATS. That's Kentucky Wildcats. Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Products of what recruiting the best kids in surrounding county that has a lot of MONEY.....GO CATS. That's Kentucky Wildcats. Confusednicker:

:hilarious:
Covington Catholic plays a beautiful game. They are a pleasure to watch.
Understanding the game, subjecting and disciplining oneself to the team
concept will garner one riches.
64SUR Wrote:Products of what recruiting the best kids in surrounding county that has a lot of MONEY.....GO CATS. That's Kentucky Wildcats. Confusednicker:

As I said, we are all creatures of our herdity and environment. while you dig about recruiting, I must counter with the fact that all private schools must recruit all of their students since they have no ready made boundary. And, of course you government school people must remember that you get all that bottomless subsidy from the state through all the taxpayers, including we private people, while privates must entirely fund themselves.

But, that is the joy of it all. We can argue our cases knowing we will convince no one on the other side. And, we can all rally around UK which has the best of both worlds- it recruits and it lives off the bounty of state subsidies from the taxpayers.