Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Doss 56 Williamsburg 50
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final from Rupp Arena.
Jackets led by as many as 13 up until 6:48 to go in the game. Doss took the lead, and never trailed after that. The Burg fouled, Doss made their free throws; Jackets could not make their field goals.

Congratulations Williamsburg, on an amazing season and year!!!
I really feel like burg gave this one away! Eagle nation was sure pulling for you all!
2 years in a row that 13th region teams have represented the region well and came oh so close to getting a win. I watched it online and Williamsburg's shots just wouldn't fall in the 4th. Congratulations on a good year Williamsburg. They gave a big Louisville school all they wanted and then some.
Back to back years of the 13th being very competitive in its trips to Rupp. It seemed as though Doss almost tried to give the game away, Williamsburg just couldn't take advantage in the 4th. Nevertheless, you represented well. As we always say, maybe next year our region can get a win (or two).
UKCC Wrote:Back to back years of the 13th being very competitive in its trips to Rupp. It seemed as though Doss almost tried to give the game away, Williamsburg just couldn't take advantage in the 4th. Nevertheless, you represented well. As we always say, maybe next year our region can get a win (or two).

:Thumbs:
Little David came up a little short tonight against Goliath....Ran out of rocks in the end......I want be surprise if Doss want be playing in the Championship game. So proud of this Williamsburg basketball team. Thanks for the ride Jacket Nation. :truestory:
The Jackets had chances to to win this one...Got up 13 early but 10 first half turnovers let Doss back in the game...Lowrie picking up his 4th foul early in the second half was huge... Wburg just couldn't finish, missed shots and free throws were to much to over come...This group of young men just finished a year that will never be forgotten, we salute you...
Congrats to Doss and good luck...
Chase Lowrie getting into foul trouble was the game changer for sure....All I seen Lowrie do to get a technical was look at the Doss player.....Big time call from the :ref2: It look to me the dang :ref1: wanted Doss to play Covington Catholic...jmo only conspiracy theories.....:pondering: Bad call game for Williamsburg.....Doss had to many horses coming off the bench.....Wow what a game. :Hammer3:
Radio man said it was Lowire first techinal ever!!!
I thought that call was a load of crap! They bellied up to each other, so what!

I will say that Fred got murdered during his shot underneath in the 4th, and no call.

Wait...I'm not getting started on the refs!!

Great job Jackets!!
I thought I was told not to say anything on here unless its positive, I guess some cant take there own advice, or maybe its ok if certain people rip someone.
Granny Bear Wrote:I thought that call was a load of crap! They bellied up to each other, so what!

I will say that Fred got murdered during his shot underneath in the 4th, and no call.

Wait...I'm not getting started on the refs!!

Great job Jackets!!

I watched all four games yesterday and the first three were well officiated. The last game between Williamsburg and Doss was terrible. 2-3 times the officials called different things on the same call and each of those went against Williamsburg. The charge call late in the game against the bigger Griffith kid was awful. The ref right at the play clearly called a block. The ref 25 feet out on the floor called a charge and somehow he overrode the block call made by the other official. I'm sure those guys will get another game and hopefully they bring their A game to the next one they officiate. I'm not a Williamsburg fan by any means but those officials had a terrible game.
64SUR Wrote:Chase Lowrie getting into foul trouble was the game changer for sure....All I seen Lowrie do to get a technical was look at the Doss player.....Big time call from the :ref2: It look to me the dang :ref1: wanted Doss to play Covington Catholic...jmo only conspiracy theories.....:pondering: Bad call game for Williamsburg.....Doss had to many horses coming off the bench.....Wow what a game. :Hammer3:

there were several bad calls against Williamsburg,but they had their chances at the end and didn't capitalize.
Ill post about the game now….as poorly officiated as it was Williamsburg still had every chance to win this game. Doss had three straight turnovers inside the last minute with Williamsburg down 4. Williamsburg for the first time that I've been watching seemed to be very rattled as they had back to back air balls from the 3. I'm sure fatigue was playing a huge factor as well as Doss comes at you with relentless pressure. Not sure what Williamsburg's final stats were from the free throw line, but it couldn't have been good.
andy griffith Wrote:I thought I was told not to say anything on here unless its positive, I guess some cant take there own advice, or maybe its ok if certain people rip someone.

that is positively negative or is it negatively positive?
Doss plays undisciplined and I can see Covington Catholic rolling in this game fairly easily in the qtrs matchup.
Leonards_loser Wrote:Ill post about the game now….as poorly officiated as it was Williamsburg still had every chance to win this game. Doss had three straight turnovers inside the last minute with Williamsburg down 4. Williamsburg for the first time that I've been watching seemed to be very rattled as they had back to back air balls from the 3. I'm sure fatigue was playing a huge factor as well as Doss comes at you with relentless pressure. Not sure what Williamsburg's final stats were from the free throw line, but it couldn't have been good.

I totally agree with this synopsis! You can count fatigue, the defense that Doss was spreading around, the officials and all of the above, but the Burg had their chances. I felt so badly for them; they couldn't throw the ball in the ocean.

pjdoug Wrote:that is positively negative or is it negatively positive?
Confusednicker:

andy griffith Wrote:I thought I was told not to say anything on here unless its positive, I guess some cant take there own advice, or maybe its ok if certain people rip someone.

pjdoug....this comment was directed toward me. That's okay. Personally, I chose to NOT
[IMG]http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140209013353/creepypasta/images/a/a9/Don't_Feed_the_Troll.jpeg[/IMG]

I was just wondering what division Shelby NC was in..........
They are 2a. So if im a troll why are you on eastern Kentucky, and western Kentucky threads since you think someone should only stay on ones for there team or in there area. Guess you are a Mayfield fan now. Id pick another team instead of Mayfield.
Maybe I shouldn't ask this, but where exactly does the word troll come from. I know its when you get on a thread that has nothing to do with your team, but don't understand why its called a troll, im bored need a history lesson.
It is amazing how people can see a game so differently. Doss had 11 fouls to Williamsburg's 4 late in the second half, and you guys are complaining about the referees. The charge by Griffith was obvious. Go watch the video. Williamsburg was shooting well until late, but Doss was definitely causing their own troubles by going to the three all night when it wasn't falling. Glad I can move on from my transfer issue with Williamsburg. Whitley should take over that rant. Lord knows there are about 10 of Williamsburg Middle School players from Whitley. I will leave that for Whitley to decide. I plan to only keep you people honest when needed.
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:I really feel like burg gave this one away! Eagle nation was sure pulling for you all!

I don't believe we gave it away. We are A small school which is not an excuse, however we did not have debth that has played in that level. When our point guard CHASE LOWERY got the 4th foul it really hurt, however, I don't think that was all the problem, we did something that we don't usually do, we missed our free throws. Doss had A very , very good basketball team. Lets see what happens the rest of the way. I SURE AM PROUD OF OUR JACKETS,
Chase had two early foul calls that were terrible but Doss had some calls that were just as bad, I don't mean that as a excuse, The kid CHASE plays High tensity ever play. Ethan Wilson played super. I love all the Jackets.
The Jackets were in the toughest bracket and darn near pulled it off, Good luck to our Mt. Teams. I am so proud of the fight we gave them. Our Jackets shows just how good basketball is in the Mt, We can compete with any of them. We played tougher teams, South Laurel. Corbin, Whitley, and here in the MTs we had Mr, Basketball at Knott Central and Miss Basket ball at BEll High.
Proud To Be A Jacket.
Flash154 Wrote:It is amazing how people can see a game so differently. Doss had 11 fouls to Williamsburg's 4 late in the second half, and you guys are complaining about the referees. The charge by Griffith was obvious. Go watch the video. Williamsburg was shooting well until late, but Doss was definitely causing their own troubles by going to the three all night when it wasn't falling. Glad I can move on from my transfer issue with Williamsburg. Whitley should take over that rant. Lord knows there are about 10 of Williamsburg Middle School players from Whitley. I will leave that for Whitley to decide. I plan to only keep you people honest when needed.

“Build it and they will come” We have built a winning tradition with our sports teams and now kids are coming. I love we get transfers all the time, it just shows which way our school is going. I’m sorry your school isn’t going in the same direction.
The guys that have so much disrespect to Williamsburg, I have this to say, most people know who you all are, I think I would care more for my business than that.
Flash154 Wrote:It is amazing how people can see a game so differently. Doss had 11 fouls to Williamsburg's 4 late in the second half, and you guys are complaining about the referees. The charge by Griffith was obvious. Go watch the video. Williamsburg was shooting well until late, but Doss was definitely causing their own troubles by going to the three all night when it wasn't falling. Glad I can move on from my transfer issue with Williamsburg. Whitley should take over that rant. Lord knows there are about 10 of Williamsburg Middle School players from Whitley. I will leave that for Whitley to decide. I plan to only keep you people honest when needed.

Flash you are hurting your self and the people you work for.

I assume you wasn't at the game last night Flash102. What about Baseball :Cheerlead

Flash312 using "keep you people honest" in a sentence is a little bit of a oxymoron...
As far as the game goes the pressing team Doss should have more team fouls don't you think...There was a couple of bad calls but there always are, was hoping for better in a state tourney....
topnotch Wrote:The Jackets were in the toughest bracket and darn near pulled it off, Good luck to our Mt. Teams. I am so proud of the fight we gave them. Our Jackets shows just how good basketball is in the Mt, We can compete with any of them. We played tougher teams, South Laurel. Corbin, Whitley, and here in the MTs we had Mr, Basketball at Knott Central and Miss Basket ball at BEll High.
Totally disagree that the Williamsburg was in the toughest bracket. Really, you know better than that.
Pages: 1 2 3