Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Those Annoying Popups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone else get these annoying popups in the lower left hand side of their screen or is it just me getting them?.....I only get them on BGR.
Somebody with more of a technical background could explain my situation better, but I had a similar problem with a ton of ads popping up on BGR and other sites I went to one time, including YouTube. I came to find out that it was the result of adware in my computer that I had removed...I can't remember what I saw on that, but I looked up a youtube video to learn how to remove the adware.

I also downloaded Adblock Plus shortly afterward, which has been an excellent program - I would recommend it.
^^
same here; also some maleware blockers!
I don't get them. I feel left out.
Sounds like a case of adware/malware on your computer Bob.
Personally, I run Malwarebytes Anti Malware along with Ad Block Plus on my computer and since ive done that ive never had a problem. Been almost three years now. For the first time in my life, im actually going to have to buy a new computer because this one is worn out physically instead of crashing or internal problems.

I actually spend the 30 bucks a year for Malwarebytes Premium version, but to be honest, the free version probably works just the same. I obviously also keep my pop up blocker on 24/7. Ive never turned it off. The only time that gets annoying is when you click on a link and it wont open but ive found right clicking and opening in a new tab is easy enough for me.
I honestly cannot believe how well it has worked for me.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Sounds like a case of adware/malware on your computer Bob.
Personally, I run Malwarebytes Anti Malware along with Ad Block Plus on my computer and since ive done that ive never had a problem. Been almost three years now. For the first time in my life, im actually going to have to buy a new computer because this one is worn out physically instead of crashing or internal problems.

I actually spend the 30 bucks a year for Malwarebytes Premium version, but to be honest, the free version probably works just the same. I obviously also keep my pop up blocker on 24/7. Ive never turned it off. The only time that gets annoying is when you click on a link and it wont open but ive found right clicking and opening in a new tab is easy enough for me.
I honestly cannot believe how well it has worked for me.

OK, well thanks everyone...Guess it's my problem...It just seemed strange that BGP is the only site that I have had the problem. I thought that maybe it was advertising in support of the website...Anyways, thanks again.
Sounds like Bob is viewing some things he shouldn't be.
Bob Seger Wrote:OK, well thanks everyone...Guess it's my problem...It just seemed strange that BGP is the only site that I have had the problem. I thought that maybe it was advertising in support of the website...Anyways, thanks again.

Well that's your problem. Youre going to the wrong site :biggrin:
Isn't this grounds for a firing squad??

Confusednicker:
^
rip bob
Granny Bear Wrote:Isn't this grounds for a firing squad??

Confusednicker:

Whoa!!! Typo there Granny....Trust me, I don't wonder over to that place AT ALL...If you're not there, I don't want to be there.:biggrin: