Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LCC baseball field???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Will Letcher Central be on their new field this season? They now have their new gym open, and an unreal football stadium. It only stands to reason that they will put the same kind of effort and money into their new baseball facility. Artificial grass and the works.:thumpsup:
If the place that they have picked out for the baseball is indeed the place...THEN THEY BETTER HAVE A 100 FOOT FENCE because it will only be like 320. HORRIBLE SPOT! SAD, and no work even started on it. NOT FAIR!!
Ive heard coach Dean say that if the new field isnt ready by this year, he wont be there either.
It hasn't even been started???
I can't imagine a baseball field being built by April 1.
As of now no field is being worked on, supposed the start early Jan. But Coach Dean has said nothing of leaving to my knowledge, some players and parents have started working on the old Fleming Neon Baseball field as Rameys Fork and expect to play there this upcoming season.
Fugured they would already have the facility and location lined out... Are they getting turf?
They field has a sport picked out, but it seems to short, it's just below the gym and as far as I know, it will be turf.
The infield that is, is going to be turf. The spot is WAY TO SHORT! Just a ridiculous spot and IMPOSSIBLE IMO. Guess we shall see. A baseball field takes time to start and finish.
They won't be on it by baseball season
Theres now way!
No field for 2007 season @ LCCHS is a shame, they probably have the best young coach in the 14th and for the Letcher Co. Board to not have him a nice place to play is crazy. They pay the football and boys basketball coaches a outrageous salary and the football team is 8-12 over the first 2 seasons and boys basketball team got beat in the first round of district last year and are not very good this year either, but yet have a top notch place to play. What is gonna happen is Coach Dean will get fed up and leave and their baseball team will never be as good as it could have been.
Official Legend14th Wrote:No field for 2007 season @ LCCHS is a shame, they probably have the best young coach in the 14th and for the Letcher Co. Board to not have him a nice place to play is crazy. They pay the football and boys basketball coaches a outrageous salary and the football team is 8-12 over the first 2 seasons and boys basketball team got beat in the first round of district last year and are not very good this year either, but yet have a top notch place to play. What is gonna happen is Coach Dean will get fed up and leave and their baseball team will never be as good as it could have been.

I was told that the football field was finisheed befor the school was, and that they felt that they had there priorities right in doing so.
Shame!! If true. LCC parents told me this.
If they dont wait to play on it next season, it will look like a piece of crap! You cant put up a whole baseball field in that short of time.
bryan dean i among the best coaches in the state and thats why they brought him there. he took powell to unbelievable measures at powell and i know he takes great pride in his fields. for him to be sitting on the back-burner at lcc is a shame and i hope they realize what they have
You better hope there they build a softball first or it will be title IX.
Does any one know the exact location of the field
As of right now there is no baseball or softball field on campus! The baseball team will be using the Rameys Fork Baseball field, the Letcher Co. BOE is leasing the field. This is a decent field, but our 3A school deserves a 3A baseball field, the football team got their stadium and the basketball team got their gymnasium, so why doesn't the baseball team have a field?

Talked to Coach Dean today, asked him when he thinks the field will be built, his exact reply "Never!" Its a shame, it really is.

As for the location, yes the location has been chosen and the plans still stand for it to be built there, when and if they ever start on it. The location is the 1st level as you go up the hill on the LCC campus. This location is in no way large enough, and in fact a 100 ft homerun wall would need to be built IMO.

Who knows, maybe they will get tired of hearing the parents, players and coaches complain and finally start on the field.
LCC_Cougar Wrote:As of right now there is no baseball or softball field on campus! The baseball team will be using the Rameys Fork Baseball field, the Letcher Co. BOE is leasing the field. This is a decent field, but our 3A school deserves a 3A baseball field, the football team got their stadium and the basketball team got their gymnasium, so why doesn't the baseball team have a field?

Talked to Coach Dean today, asked him when he thinks the field will be built, his exact reply "Never!" Its a shame, it really is.

As for the location, yes the location has been chosen and the plans still stand for it to be built there, when and if they ever start on it. The location is the 1st level as you go up the hill on the LCC campus. This location is in no way large enough, and in fact a 100 ft homerun wall would need to be built IMO.

Who knows, maybe they will get tired of hearing the parents, players and coaches complain and finally start on the field.

High school baseball in the SEKY area is the last thing on the AD's and the BOE mind. I'm with Dean, it'll never happen. And it is a shame. It'll never change until parents do something about it. But, who has the time?
They should do what the Soccer Team did.
They dont have a field on the campus to call their own either, but they parents all went to the Board Meeting and said that they wanted their kids to play senior night on the Turf football field lol
They wouldn't backdown or take no for an answer. ..... And they got their wish.
If they baseball parents did this about the construction on a field, then Im sure it would speed things up a little bit.
The BOE should be looking out for the students, they got a state of the art football field nice gym but sorry baseball team you half to wait on your field what do u tell the kids that are Jr and Sr. sorry u never got to play on the new baseball field that dont seem wright.Sad
Yeah, agree I think its shame that it aint even aleast started on the field i mean really they had the fball field done before the school it just sucks for the seniors all the seniors that play other sports like bball and fball got to play on there new field or in the new gym but the baseball players will have to play on fleming neon field jus a shame.
hello
the lcc baseball is a very good, young , determined team that will accomplish alot. Also,
it is a problem , that they do not have a field; i hope they get it built soon !
but i hope the cougars all the luck.
go couagrs
cougars
Letcher plays on Fleming Neon's old field right now. I bet though that when they get the baseball field complete it will be nice.
i hope the boys get their field -= because they deserve good luck cougars Big Grin
They will fget a field but you will see a softball field first.
Why dont they just play on whitesburg's old field it would not have to have much work done to it.
I head that they were getting Astro Turf. That true?
It's sad that the school won't build them a field. The worst part is lcc's baseball team is prlly better than the football team and the basketball team.
catsman Wrote:Why dont they just play on whitesburg's old field it would not have to have much work done to it.

Because Whitesburg's old field doesn't have a grass infield, holds water everywhere, and was built wrong. It was built flat, so the water has nowhere to run off. Plus, it was built on a mountain so there are rocks everywhere, just pathetic IMO. Is that sad that that's how people in Letcher County view baseball? All the emphasis is put on Basketball and Football who seem to have 2 first round losses in district for the basketball team, and a 9-11 record for the football team. While it seems that the baseball team put 2 players to college, won a district tournament in 10 innings, outscoring their opponents 25-2!
Pages: 1 2