Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Faith, Family, and Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just finished reading Coach Haywood's book Faith, Family and Football. Awesome read! Very inspirational and a book you just can't put down. Gives me new respect for the coach and the man. Great job!
I just finished this book. It was a great book. I can't recommend it enough.

I do have one complaint though. I was never mentioned in the book. Yes, I was only a player on a team that played Belfry once. Yes, we got destroyed. No, I never got into the game, but still. How did he not mention me?
I cant wait to read it, He is a GOD
cant wait to read it
Any book that mentions me has to be a good book. 👍
irishcard16 Wrote:Any book that mentions me has to be a good book. 👍

That's the only reason I read the book. I knew he had mentioned you. It made the read worth while.
If I had read the book before my son entered high school, my user name would be #1Pirate Fan.

Anyone who has ever played or had a son play for Coach Haywood should consider themselves blessed.

I have always had respect for Haywood and Belfry Football, but after reading his book my respect is off the charts. Great read I recommend it to everyone.
I am halfway through mine and it is a must read can't hardly put it down.
Should be required reading for every coach at any level along with Joe Ehrman's Season of Life, and InsideOut Coaching. Middle school parents and coaches should take to heart about playing multi-sports. When I went to HS we were almost required to play every sport. There were no tryouts, no cuts. Everyone got a uniform. That did not mean would play but you got to belong.
Can't wait till I get my copy and begin reading, always been a huge Haywood fan!
bengalswinitall Wrote:I cant wait to read it, He is a GOD

not:zzz: