Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southwestern coaching change looming?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm hearing from multiple people/administration that Wright is likely calling it quits at Southwestern. Hear that he had a talk with the kids that he's probably done too. Rumor is, that he's wanting to take more of a assistant type job closer to London. May step in at North and help Brad.
I guess Jeff Shepherd is getting this job now.
Just kidding, he's been getting every other job in the area.

Hope SW gets a good coach that can do something with that talent.
fairgame Wrote:I'm hearing from multiple people/administration that Wright is likely calling it quits at Southwestern. Hear that he had a talk with the kids that he's probably done too. Rumor is, that he's wanting to take more of a assistant type job closer to London. May step in at North and help Brad.

:dontthink brad is the man. I don't see wright sitting on nobody bench unless he's the head coach. :HitWall:
Laker Wrote:I guess Jeff Shepherd is getting this job now.
Just kidding, he's been getting every other job in the area.

Hope SW gets a good coach that can do something with that talent.

It's official, Jeff Sheppard to take over SW! LOL, hope Clay fans don't see this, they believe everything!
Southwestern seems to be loaded with talent, why would he walk away from that?
Dissention between players and no Big.
Willie Turnover Wrote:Dissention between players and no Big.
I foresee a big man coming in the future to ease the dissension which may sway his decision.
A good friend of mine said he has heard from the AD that if Wright does give it up that Al Gover would be the next Warrior coach.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:A good friend of mine said he has heard from the AD that if Wright does give it up that Al Gover would be the next Warrior coach.

I'm willing to bet the farm, the house, the car, even the wife and kids, that Gover is not the next Warrior coach.
DORMUS WOOD Wrote:I'm willing to bet the farm, the house, the car, even the wife and kids, that Gover is not the next Warrior coach.

Easy big Wood. Remember what county that is, politics can do crazy things.
It is official Wright is out! Announcement will be made next Tuesady.
wiznut Wrote:It is official Wright is out! Announcement will be made next Tuesady.

You're getting as bad as Lily, No way Wright is leaving. He has it made at South Western. If he can add a big man next year (which will happen) he has a great chance to win another region. :ChairHit:
jim rome Wrote:You're getting as bad as Lily, No way Wright is leaving. He has it made at South Western. If he can add a big man next year (which will happen) he has a great chance to win another region. :ChairHit:

If he does leave.. then Gover could step right in and win with the talent left over. It would be the smart hire since he knows all the personnel. :Cheerlead
Frozen Tundra Wrote:If he does leave.. then Gover could step right in and win with the talent left over. It would be the smart hire since he knows all the personnel. :Cheerlead

I agree Tundra. It would be a great hire. Couldn't ask for a better fit. Great man great coach.
Woody Hayes Wrote:I agree Tundra. It would be a great hire. Couldn't ask for a better fit. Great man great coach.
Your crazy:flush:. Cant get no better than Wright. SW has too much drama for anybody to be successful.
Heard Butcher wants to be a boys coach. Move him over and bring Rice back. Please!!!!!! Heard a lot of the younger girls parents would love to see this happen.
Franklawn Topinsinglar is the new head coach. He is a very accomplished multiple state title winner out of North Dakota. Wright is headed to Lingingmore Academy in Bayside, New Hampshire. Done deal folks.
Joe King will get the job and Ben Dover will be his assistant.
jim rome Wrote:You're getting as bad as Lily, No way Wright is leaving. He has it made at South Western. If he can add a big man next year (which will happen) he has a great chance to win another region. :ChairHit:

Lily is smarter than you little boys think and much more entrenched in the program at SW than anyone of you will ever know.

Wright has problems. Players and parents here do not get along. All you fellas have to do is look at the season or talk to the parents them selves and they will be glad to tell you all about it.

As for Butcher, I am sure they would love to get rid of him on the girls side. Remember this is the coach that the Pike Central parents offered to help him pack his stuff to get out of there.

As for Butcher actually taking over for Steve, I would love to see it happen .There will be fights in the stands and parents trying to whip him on the sidelines. This would make a great Jerry Springer show. Im all in.
If Wright leaves, which I don't see that happening, Al Gover will be the next Warrior coach. I've talked to several parents and Gover is who they want if Wright leaves.
Gover or Chris Fitzgerald would do a good job Both know the kids and would do a great job. I don't know if wright is gonna leave though.
Why would SW hire either. Both have close kin playing. A disaster with this group. The only ties Wright has to this group is his recruits and he cant make it work, so why do you think a dad or uncle could do it? Really.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:If Wright leaves, which I don't see that happening, Al Gover will be the next Warrior coach. I've talked to several parents and Gover is who they want if Wright leaves.

Why do parents "get who they want"? Therein lies your problem...
Lilly Wrote:Why would SW hire either. Both have close kin playing. A disaster with this group. The only ties Wright has to this group is his recruits and he cant make it work, so why do you think a dad or uncle could do it? Really.
Phil Jackson would have trouble making it work, I was just saying to me both are pretty good coaches. I think coach wright stays. There are only a few jobs he would leave for and they aint open.
ky playmaker Wrote:Phil Jackson would have trouble making it work, I was just saying to me both are pretty good coaches. I think coach wright stays. There are only a few jobs he would leave for and they aint open.

I agree
Wright is a great coach
[quote=Willie Turnover]I agr
[quote=ky playmaker]Phil Jackson would have trouble making it work, I was just saying to me both are pretty good coaches. I think coach wright stays. There are only a few jobs he would leave for and they aint open.[/QUOTE]

UT is now open, if Shepherd doesn't take it Wright might. :biggrin: