Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jeff Sheppard to be Clay County's new basketball coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rumor has it Sheppard to take over at Clay Co.
Good one. Tell another.
walterwhite Wrote:Good one. Tell another.

Clay better start the recruiting as you put it in your past posts. 2 south kids and 1 north could not get it done! Maybe Sheppard can get some better players in for Clay, he will get the job done!
Nope Glenn Gray will be the next coach at CCHS. Mark it down.
Bobby Keith done signed the deal on Sheppard, announcement will be made at halftime of 13th region game at state tournament! Such a good move for Clay, a quality coach and proven winner!
Shep will not coach in Manchester unless he can get a recommendation from Mike Holcomb. Getting the job done has nothing to do with it.
LandoGriffin Wrote:Shep will not coach in Manchester unless he can get a recommendation from Mike Holcomb. Getting the job done has nothing to do with it.

Done deal boys, he is already getting his coaching staff together.
^WOW a Sheppard coaching clay county that would be a real "knockout"! I bet his wife would be a great "hit" with the clay county fans! Haha sorry I couldn't resist!
Have you all seen Sheppard coach? He can't even win at the elementary level. Doesn't seem to have much of a coaches mind.
Leader Wrote:Have you all seen Sheppard coach? He can't even win at the elementary level. Doesn't seem to have much of a coaches mind.

According to all of the Clay people at tonight's game, they look forward to him coming! He has promised not to hire his wife as an assistant!
She can't coach laying on her back so just saying.
Why would Clay County be looking for another coach when they have Coach Marcum?
^^Marcum is vastly overrated. He's been the beneficiary of having the best team since his tenure began. The last two years he has just so happened to screw it up completely. Anyone who remembers the debacle in 2012 against North knows this.
CraigEhlo Wrote:^^Marcum is vastly overrated. He's been the beneficiary of having the best team since his tenure began. The last two years he has just so happened to screw it up completely. Anyone who remembers the debacle in 2012 against North knows this.

:hilarious: don't worry Sheppard will guide the ship to glory land! Coach Keith said so!
Best team every year.....1st year they won the region they were preseason 6th....get your facts straight
cchsfan4life Wrote:Best team every year.....1st year they won the region they were preseason 6th....get your facts straight

The year they beat Harlan County at Harlan County? If they were preseason 6th please fill me in on who the top 5 teams were that year. Considering they lost in the championship of the region the year before and returned 5 of their top players.
Marcum is fired the day the superintendent switches. Mark that down. Glenn Gray is your next head coach. Mark that down also. Robert made the wrong people mad.
WhoDeyNation Wrote:Marcum is fired the day the superintendent switches. Mark that down. Glenn Gray is your next head coach. Mark that down also. Robert made the wrong people mad.

Wrong, Coach Keith already working on weight lifting schedule starting next week for Coach Sheppard! He can't wait to wear the Clay Co colors!:flame: Congrats Jeff!
WhoDeyNation Wrote:Marcum is fired the day the superintendent switches. Mark that down. Glenn Gray is your next head coach. Mark that down also. Robert made the wrong people mad.

I wouldn't mark that down... Superintendent doesn't come in until July 1st, Marcum has to be notified if he is non renewed or not no later than May 15th... but with that being said we all know that Manchester City law supercedes any and all KRS Statutes as well as federal law, so absolutely nothing going surprises me in Tiger town. Good to know coaching in Clay has nothing to do with winning games and more to do with who you make mad or who likes you...:How Elementary?.. :rockon:
Marcum deserves better. He has done a great job.
I'll say this if Marcum gets fired Farmer and Smith will be else where. Mark that down. Marcum will resign after next year it's common knowledge
DarthVader Wrote:I wouldn't mark that down... Superintendent doesn't come in until July 1st, Marcum has to be notified if he is non renewed or not no later than May 15th... but with that being said we all know that Manchester City law supercedes any and all KRS Statutes as well as federal law, so absolutely nothing going surprises me in Tiger town. Good to know coaching in Clay has nothing to do with winning games and more to do with who you make mad or who likes you...:How Elementary?.. :rockon:

This is what happens when a certain kid doesn't start or didn't start. 90% of this town knows what's going on just like the deal with Amon. You make people with money mad look what happens. It's all a joke to me when it should be all about the kids not politics. Most crooked little town in the country

I will say this it would be a shame if clay county fired Robert Marcum......Marked that down.....:dontthink
Marcum played for Bobby Keith and I don't see Sheppard being a better coach than Marcum. Just because he played at UK doesn't mean he can coach.
Marcum getting fires as long as coach keith is still kicking
Can he get Cotton to be his assistant coach?
Jeff will be spread thin. Coaching Clay, NL, & Russell.
I might have been dreaming, but I thought I seen a thread on here just the other day that he was potentially taking over as HC at North Laurel?? The rumor mill is going nuts.
If Clay got rid of Marcum for someone like Glenn Gray or Jeff Shepard.....that would be like Kentucky getting rid of Coach Cal and getting Dick Vitale to come coach......It isn't going to happen........I believe all the North Laurel haters are wanting us to get rid of Marcum so they can try to bring him in so they will know what winning actually feels like.
Some people will fall for anything. Funny.
Pages: 1 2