Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland 48 Fleming COunty 41 (16th Region Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Morehead. Fleming led 33-30 after 3 quarters . Ashland played like the champs they are in the 4th to win by 7. Ashland will take on Henderson Co. in the opening game of the Girls Sweet 16 Wednesday afternoon. Best of luck!
Impressive run for the Kittens. Four in a row should place Bill Bradley among the elite in 16th Region coaching history. I don't think anyone has won four in a row since Paul Patterson back in the 1970s. Congratulations to Coach Bradley on a historic accomplishment. It is refreshing to see that this Kitten team is made up of home grown talent rather than "transfers". That makes them special and easy to support. Although they got a difficult draw opening with Henderson County and having the overwhelming favorite, Elizabethtown, in their bracket, I wish them well.
Ashland really gave all they had against Henderson but just came up short. Like Truth said, easy to root for these ladies and Bradley, they are all class acts and represent their school and region really well. Good luck to all the graduating players, especially Alexis Robinson. She is one of the top two or three players I have watched out of the 16th Region over the years and as hard as she works I can only see a very bright future for her on the court and off of it as well.
Truth Wrote:Impressive run for the Kittens. Four in a row should place Bill Bradley among the elite in 16th Region coaching history. I don't think anyone has won four in a row since Paul Patterson back in the 1970s. Congratulations to Coach Bradley on a historic accomplishment. It is refreshing to see that this Kitten team is made up of home grown talent rather than "transfers". That makes them special and easy to support. Although they got a difficult draw opening with Henderson County and having the overwhelming favorite, Elizabethtown, in their bracket, I wish them well.

Hop Brown won 5 in a row at West Carter.
HD28 Wrote:Hop Brown won 5 in a row at West Carter.

Indeed he did. His achievement should not be overlooked.