Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay Co 57 Corbin 52
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final
Good job Clay.
You don't have to win pretty, you just have to win. Tigers win with Blake playing as poorly as I've ever seen him play. Tigers miss 10 fts and win. Sloppy ballhandling, especially the first half, and they win. Give Corbin credit for being aggressive and playing hard, but Clay found a way to win. House rises to the occassion and shows his senior leadership. Most will look at this game and say Tigers don't have a chance to win the region. I look at tonight in a different light. If they can win and stink up the Arena, then they can certainly win when they play better. As I said, just win and advance.
Clay is extremely lucky to have won this game. I think Corbin give Clay this game when they started some of the chippy stuff and picked up a technical. It seemed like Clay finally got a little energy in them and started pressing. Taylor made Smith and anyone else guarding him look like they couldn't guard a fence post. Clay was really lucky not to be down closer to 20 at half. But I agree with WW. I think will wake them up a lot going forward and will come out with energy from the start. For the record. I despise watching games at the arena. There is not a good seat in the building, and it just doesn't have any kind of tournament atmosphere to it. You also never see any teams shoot good In that place. But congrats to Clay for moving on.
Good win Clay County I thought this game would be close and it was. Ryan house was the difference in this game tonight good luck with Knox County Central. :Cheerlead
walterwhite Wrote:You don't have to win pretty, you just have to win. Tigers win with Blake playing as poorly as I've ever seen him play. Tigers miss 10 fts and win. Sloppy ballhandling, especially the first half, and they win. Give Corbin credit for being aggressive and playing hard, but Clay found a way to win. House rises to the occassion and shows his senior leadership. Most will look at this game and say Tigers don't have a chance to win the region. I look at tonight in a different light. If they can win and stink up the Arena, then they can certainly win when they play better. As I said, just win and advance.

Walter what people would look at Clay and say they didn't have a chance to win the region? You are beginning to sound like me. What other team can beat them?
Clay did what good teams are supposed to do, find a way to win. I think it will come down to a Clay vs Williamsburg title game. I do find it funny that all Clay posters claimed that this would be anywhere from a 10-30 point victory for Clay and Smith would shut down Taylor. I'm pretty sure Taylor proved he was the best on the floor tonight, but Clay was the best team and that's what matters.
All year I've heard over and over how great blake smith is,,,I agree he is a very good player but I think it was proven tonight without Smith clay is still the team,,, (farmers team)maybe everyone will understand that now!!! Without farmer they'd be an average team,,hats off to the tigers that did leave it on the floor for fighting back and getting a big win!!
Nice comeback Tigers! When is the semi's played?
It's Clay County's team. Not an individual player's team. This is why they are in the semis while other teams are sitting at home.
Semifinals are Saturday night at 6:30 and 8:00
I agree Clay was lucky to win. They where flat to begin the game. And Coach P. Just flat out can coach. He Away everything clay was trying to do. I said it before the game he would make someone other than Blake Smith beat him. Every time he drove he had 2 help players waiting for him. Kudos to him for not forcing bad shots. But I agree with Walter. When we can win and play as bad as we did they better watch out. Clay must play better tomorrow. Maybe this was the wake up call they needed.

If Coach P. Ever gets a talented team this region is in trouble. Man he can coach
Gonna disagree with Farmers team. Did u not notice the statue like defense all night. Because I did. This is Marcum s team. And the key word is team. Coach P. Exposed alot of clays weakness tonight. They only have 2 kids who can guard.

Ryan House is the only kid who showed up ready to play. Kid packed them tonight
I saw the game, it will be tough for any team to beat CC. I was right about Andrew Taylor,and Hopper was the fastes or quickest on the floor, Corbin played hard, the best I have seen them play. I though that when Corbin forced CC to play their game that Corbin might beat them however Clay did the same thing in the last half that Corbin did in the first half forced them to play their game. that is just my opinion I know not one thing about BB. I never played A game with officals in my life. I just wonder, how many did Farmer get. Both teams played hard and left it on the floor'
Smith was excellent.
BrokenArrow Wrote:I agree Clay was lucky to win. They where flat to begin the game. And Coach P. Just flat out can coach. He Away everything clay was trying to do. I said it before the game he would make someone other than Blake Smith beat him. Every time he drove he had 2 help players waiting for him. Kudos to him for not forcing bad shots. But I agree with Walter. When we can win and play as bad as we did they better watch out. Clay must play better tomorrow. Maybe this was the wake up call they needed.

If Coach P. Ever gets a talented team this region is in trouble. Man he can coach

It seems the biggest problem for coach P and Corbin is that they never have a lot of size.
Taylor didn't show me nothing. No outside shot and no defense. Was I the only one who seen this. Volume shooter
BrokenArrow Wrote:Taylor didn't show me nothing. No outside shot and no defense. Was I the only one who seen this. Volume shooter

I thought Taylor play good tonight and I'm blind. You sure you was at the game. :HitWall:
Maquet was hot and Hopper kept stealing the ball in the first half. That is the only thing I saw different about Corbin. Taylor didn't do anything special. Clay players kept their composure after playing badly the first half. They did what winning teams do--they won. Love watching Clay play.
Wait til the stats are posted. Guarantee he didn't shot over 42 or 44 percent. One player can't beat 5. U focus on Smith , House or wolfe will light u up. 5 players who can score and play team ball will beat one who gets 40
BrokenArrow Wrote:Taylor didn't show me nothing. No outside shot and no defense. Was I the only one who seen this. Volume shooter

If Taylor didn't show you anything, I would hate to hear what you think of everyone on Clays team tonight not named House. Taylor clowned Clay pretty bad the whole first half. They had to take Smith off Taylor early because he couldn't guard Taylor and picked up some fouls trying. Taylor has to be a "volume" shooter, because he is their only real scoring threat. Clays mvp tonight was Brad Sizemore. Without him running House off to Clay, they don't win tonight.
Wow what a game!
Clay always seems to find a way to win! They have even doing stuff like this for many years.
fairgame Wrote:If Taylor didn't show you anything, I would hate to hear what you think of everyone on Clays team tonight not named House. Taylor clowned Clay pretty bad the whole first half. They had to take Smith off Taylor early because he couldn't guard Taylor and picked up some fouls trying. Taylor has to be a "volume" shooter, because he is their only real scoring threat. Clays mvp tonight was Brad Sizemore. Without him running House off to Clay, they don't win tonight.

I thought Clay played like garbage the entire game outside of House and Wolfe. Worst they have played all year and still won, so what does that say.
I think after the little scrum that farmer woke up and took over. I think he ended up with 17 or 19 and had double figures in the fourth. Taylor will be a great player in this region for the next few years but I think he really hurt his team in the first quarter. He took a lot of early contested shots. I think Corbin should have been up even more at the half. Clay settled down and came out ready to play in the second half. Corbin should have won the game imo but they let the game get away from them.
Flash154 Wrote:Maquet was hot and Hopper kept stealing the ball in the first half. That is the only thing I saw different about Corbin. Taylor didn't do anything special. Clay players kept their composure after playing badly the first half. They did what winning teams do--they won. Love watching Clay play.

How many did Taylor drop on Clay? I knew of 6 assist and A boat lode of rebounds.
Granny bear asked if Smith ever has an off night. Well he did tonight and CC dropped a HOUSE on Corbin.

Btw hats off to HC and KC that was a great game to watch.
If I had not personally seen this game, and somebody was explaining it to me; I wouldn't believe it!!! Clay with 13 at the half???

Tell you what I saw in this game. Taylor impressed me more than he has all year; Hopper is quick AND fast...gave Clay fits throughout the game. There are two players on Clay's team that better learn how to play defense!!

As far as coaching ability goes....well Corbin gave up a lead (I can't remember just how much) but I KNOW it was a significant margin. Clay only had 16 points mid way through the third quarter. However, I saw no adjustments at all from Corbin's bench when Clay was making their run. I was surprised. IMO Clay won this game on the floor and on the bench.

But what do I know??
Count Wrote:Granny bear asked if Smith ever has an off night. Well he did tonight and CC dropped a HOUSE on Corbin.

Btw hats off to HC and KC that was a great game to watch.

I wasn't going to mention that Count....because I do believe I jinxed that child!!!
topnotch Wrote:How many did Taylor drop on Clay? I knew of 6 assist and A boat lode of rebounds.
About the same as always. He didn't do anything different than any other game they played and lost.
One more thing. And this will surprise everybody!! LOL I wish the Clay/Corbin game had been called by the team that did our game. That was the best officiating I've seen all year, and all last year. The group doing the Clay/Corbin game wasn't nearly as good. The called more fouls than our game, and still didn't have the control that the officials had in our game.
Pages: 1 2 3