Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2015 Class 3A Pre-Season Top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Does Belfry win another championship, or will Boyle or LexCath take the thunder away from pond creek? What does everyone think.
garrard co. Is my pick
If Belfry can develop consistent offense they are no worse than a co-favorite with several other teams. Central cannot be discounted. They return as much as Belfry does, but Central must find some offense. Boyle and LC will be tough, but no more of a favorite for the title than Belfry or Central IMO. Garrard could indeed be a nice dark horse pick. Russell will be tough on D, but they need to find some quickness and better skill before they are more than a regional title game contender. Bell and Corbin will be good I believe, but would more than likely have to travel to Pond Creek in the playoffs and that is a tough task for anyone.
Corbin will be contender in 3A....Sorry for the Belfry fans New hounds on the creek. Confusednicker:
wiznut Wrote:garrard co. Is my pick

Golden Lions :Cheerlead
Real Badman Wrote:Does Belfry win another championship, or will Boyle or LexCath take the thunder away from pond creek? What does everyone think.

Rebels!
Can the Corbin fans remember how bad Belfry beat down on an unbeaten Corbin middle 2 years ago. So all those kids are sophomores now, not sure how many of those Corbin kids saw varsity action but I know 7 of those Belfry kids have started. Let the beaten start again. You will run to another division just like your middle school has. Run run run, run from Belfry.
I'd like to see Boyle County play at Belfry sometime this season. I hear they have a beautiful stadium. As for who wins it in 3A it's hard to say at this point. I believe Boyle County and Belfry make a good argument though.
proud44pirate Wrote:Can the Corbin fans remember how bad Belfry beat down on an unbeaten Corbin middle 2 years ago. So all those kids are sophomores now, not sure how many of those Corbin kids saw varsity action but I know 7 of those Belfry kids have started. Let the beaten start again. You will run to another division just like your middle school has. Run run run, run from Belfry.

:dontthink
BoyleCounty Wrote:I'd like to see Boyle County play at Belfry sometime this season. I hear they have a beautiful stadium. As for who wins it in 3A it's hard to say at this point. I believe Boyle County and Belfry make a good argument though.

they probably wont make it far enough for Boyle County to thump them.
pjdoug Wrote:they probably wont make it far enough for Boyle County to thump them.

I'm curious as to how Lexington Catholic will look as well. They have some really big shoes to fill at the QB position.
Is Russell and belfry in the same region ?
From a lc fan that is in the same district with belfry, lc wad the only team to score an offensive td against belfry in the playoffs this is my 3a top 5.
1. Belfry
2. Belfry
3. Belfry
4. Belfry jv
5. Belfry jv

Now all you corbin and williamsburg fans just be careful what you wish for you may just get it. Now not only do you get a loss when you go to pond creek, but you also have a lot of young men trying to get the tag number of truck that just ran over them.
1. Boyle
2. Belfry
3. Lexington Cath
4. Corbin
5. Bell Co.

JMO
This might be the hardest of the six class rankings to predict, due to some prominent programs joining what was already going to be a pretty competitive class anyway. Here is my top 10, based on what I know(which isn't much).

1. Belfry
2. Boyle Co.
3. Lou. Central
4. LexCath

5. Bell Co.
6. Corbin
7. Russell
8. PT
9. Bardstown
10. Lawrence Co.

Feel free to critique. I think the top four are a notch above everyone else, but the rest of the teams are pretty tightly bunched together. This class is DEEP. For all the talk about programs like Bell Co., Corbin, and Russell returning to prominence, I couldn't justify placing them in that upper tier, yet. The top of 3A is stacked, but so is the next group of 5-6 teams. The fact that I don't even have Caldwell Co. ranked(don't know what they have coming back, on top of losing Sindelar) says a lot about the depth of this class.

And yes, anotherfootballnut, Russell and Belfry are in the same region.
dawg fan Wrote:From a lc fan that is in the same district with belfry, lc wad the only team to score an offensive td against belfry in the playoffs this is my 3a top 5.
1. Belfry
2. Belfry
3. Belfry
4. Belfry jv
5. Belfry jv

Now all you corbin and williamsburg fans just be careful what you wish for you may just get it. Now not only do you get a loss when you go to pond creek, but you also have a lot of young men trying to get the tag number of truck that just ran over them.

Let me make this clear dawg fan nobody will be running over Corbin....this ain't 1A pikeville....maybe I shouldn't said that. Sorry belfry fan. Confusednicker:
1. Belfry
2. LexCath
3. Boyle Co
4. Central
5. Tilghman
6. Bell County
7. Russell
8. Corbin
9. Caldwell Co
10. Lawrence Co
1. Central (will be battle tested getting out of region).
2. Belfry (Hatfield will be tough to replace)
3. Boyle
4. Lex cath
5. Tighlman
6. Bell co
7. Corbin
8. Russell
9. Caldwell co
10. Garrard
proud44pirate Wrote:Can the Corbin fans remember how bad Belfry beat down on an unbeaten Corbin middle 2 years ago. So all those kids are sophomores now, not sure how many of those Corbin kids saw varsity action but I know 7 of those Belfry kids have started. Let the beaten start again. You will run to another division just like your middle school has. Run run run, run from Belfry.

Teams don't get to pick what division they are in while in middle school. There was no one happier than belfry when Corbin moved up. It let Belfry have a chance at 2 more championships. If Belfry would have played corbin the past 2 years in middle school Corbin would have won by 40 plus.
Belfry
Lex Cath
Central
Boyle Co.
Corbin
Tilghman
Russell
Bell Co.
Lawrence Co.
Garrard Co.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Teams don't get to pick what division they are in while in middle school. There was no one happier than belfry when Corbin moved up. It let Belfry have a chance at 2 more championships. If Belfry would have played corbin the past 2 years in middle school Corbin would have won by 40 plus.

just like they was going to beat Belfry High school this yr after they got a big lead on Central and chocked and LOST...TongueirateSho
dawg fan Wrote:From a lc fan that is in the same district with belfry, lc wad the only team to score an offensive td against belfry in the playoffs this is my 3a top 5.
1. Belfry
2. Belfry
3. Belfry
4. Belfry jv
5. Belfry jv

if so it will have West Virginia plates :betterthanexpected:
cuppett777 Wrote:just like they was going to beat Belfry High school this yr after they got a big lead on Central and chocked and LOST...TongueirateSho

chocked?
cuppett777 Wrote:just like they was going to beat Belfry High school this yr after they got a big lead on Central and chocked and LOST...TongueirateSho

Considering Corbin was undefeated the past 2 years and only 1 team was even able to keep the game within 4 TD's. Corbin blew out teams that beat Belfry. Just as Belfry middle was the best 2 years ago, Corbin was that much better than everyone else. I've never said anything about Corbin beating Belfry this season in High School. I thought it would take Corbin's best to beat Central and even more to beat belfry.
Should be a battle
I like seeing Russell drop down in everyones polls. We like to fly under the radar. lol
Bell county may lose 2 games before district even gets started!!!
BoyleCounty Wrote:I'm curious as to how Lexington Catholic will look as well. They have some really big shoes to fill at the QB position.

They will be just fine at the QB spot. They have a GREAT one in the making. Let's just wait and see.
FBfan4life Wrote:They will be just fine at the QB spot. They have a GREAT one in the making. Let's just wait and see.

LexCath has some scary talent at the skill spots.

As far as the middle school landscape, Corbin didn't leave D2 because of Belfry. The KMSFA reworked the numbers and that's where it fell. If anything, I'd say that gave Belfry a favor during those years. We must not forget that Corbin won the title in a much more difficult D1 this season. I wouldn't taunt Corbin too much if I were you. Word through the grapevine is they're coming back to D2 very soon.
Pages: 1 2 3