Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyd County 71, Ashland 62
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final in 64th District. Ashland broadcast media placed blame for outcome squarely on shoulders of officials.
Ashland played well and with great effort, Boyd is the better team. Its that simple. To me Ashland loses this matchup due to a lack of team physicality, they play several kids who are just not very strong. Every rebound that was contested and every loose ball that was contested ended up with the Boyd player. As for the foul discrepency, you will have to subtract every free throw in the last three minutes to get a true picture of free throws shot. Quite frankly, I have never understood why people believe the fouls should be even or close to even.
washed up Wrote:Ashland played well and with great effort, Boyd is the better team. Its that simple. To me Ashland loses this matchup due to a lack of team physicality, they play several kids who are just not very strong. Every rebound that was contested and every loose ball that was contested ended up with the Boyd player. As for the foul discrepency, you will have to subtract every free throw in the last three minutes to get a true picture of free throws shot. Quite frankly, I have never understood why people believe the fouls should be even or close to even.

Excellent post. Ashland is playing better and that should be the focus of comment rather than excuses for losing. As I posted earlier, I believe Ashland could make it to the region championship and then who knows? It would be neat for a team with 26 losses to make it to Rupp Arena.

I still look for Ashland to draw into the bracket opposite Rowan County. Of course, Boyd County must be in the other bracket. If my "supposing" is correct, Ashland would need to defeat Raceland and probably Morgan County to reach the finals. That is possible. We shall see.
This game was closer than what I thought it would be
Ashland will have to be more aggressive to advance in Morehead. They will play Morgan in the first round and as predicted, Boyd and Rowan are opposite. If they can get by Morgan they would play the Raceland/Fleming winner. It would be crazy to think a Boyd / Ashland final is possible. Not likely but enough of a possibility to consider. If this were the case (I dont think they can get by a hot Morgan team) they would have a somewhat realistice chance to make it to Rupp at 8-26.
Well, not surprisingly, Truth's "supposing" turned out to be correct. Through the years, Ashland has usually gotten a favorable draw in the region. Of course, it is the luck of the draw but Ashland tends to be quite lucky. I remember several years ago when Ashland, Morgan County, and Rose Hill were far and away the best teams in the region. Both years when that was the case, Rose Hill and Morgan County drew into the same bracket and Ashland was in the other, and much weaker, bracket. Apparently, and of no surprise, Ashland still has its rabbits's foot.

As for Ashland fans, you couldn't have asked for a better draw.