Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 53rd District Championship Letcher Central 47 Knott Central 41
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from LCC. Both teams advance to 14th Regional tourney at KCC Monday or Tuesday.

LCC
Stidham 23 pts 7 rebs
Hall 11 pts 10 rebs

KCC
Waugh 17 pts
Higgins 12 pts
:Third::beavis::champ::haters: Ran out of taters...Lady Cougars Champs!!
lets see so Lady Cougars with at least 4 or 5 seniors beat a team with a starting five of 2 juniors 2 soph., 1 8th grader, and with subs consisting of 2 freshman and a 7th grader oh and did i mention they had one of their starting five out sick! and only beat them by 7 yeah you go cougars your the bomb!
Yeah and we had two girls out also with injuries. I agree it wasn't our best game but a "W" on the board proves these girls have been through so much, and depends on the draw could be in the finals. Remembers with Meade we only lost to Leslie by 7.
Ladypatfan Wrote:lets see so Lady Cougars with at least 4 or 5 seniors beat a team with a starting five of 2 juniors 2 soph., 1 8th grader, and with subs consisting of 2 freshman and a 7th grader oh and did i mention they had one of their starting five out sick! and only beat them by 7 yeah you go cougars your the bomb!
Play with the cards you are dealt with. Teams can make excuses all season. 4 district championships in a row. KCC has a good team and so does LCC. Don't belittle either team's accomplishments. Hope we face again in the regional finals.
i will admit my comment was a little childish and was not the lady cougars that i should have been making comments about so congrats to the Lady cougars on their win! i admit seeing the Lady Patriots lose after such a hard fought game was a little hard to accept! what i should have commented about was how it was unfair to all the teams of how Letcher did recieve special treatment when being announced they were holding the district tournament and was not an official home game! another thing is how their mascot lays in the center circle so that our girls cannot huddle in center court! and how their coach cant rant and rave and yell at the refs most coaches would have either had a T called or worse! and as far as teams having excuses well the refs seem to make that a little easy! ive seen to many times this season they have let the games get out of control! and its not always about the equality of the calls as much as it is about picky vs slamming a player to the floor with NO call! but bottom line the Lady Pats missed their freethrows as were Lady Cougars made theirs! and i will still say with a little favortism by the refs Wink
I'm a Lady Cougars fan and I support them. We all have our favorite team or at least most of us and we pull for that team. That's part of the high school basketball excitement. I do think it is in bad taste for our mascot to lay in the middle of the floor, but that should be addressed by the coaching staff or the officials. I'm not talking about home games, but in a tournament setting it really is inappropriate. I don't think you will see that from any team during the region. I still like Lady Pats and I wish them good luck next week, who knows , may see them again.
The mascot is a good kid and student that supports our girls no matter what and unless u know him leave him out of your crying and whining.
yeah regular season home games all teams make over their own team but like you said smokey bear its was a tournament, and bbdall no one is whining just saying it was poor sportmanship is all! like smokey bear said a coach or official should have informed him of it, he is just a kid and not saying anything bad about it just that he should have been told it was not appropriate for a tournament! it is the mascots job to support their team and have a little fun with the other team but just not to were it prevented the Lady Pats in a tournament to be able to also have their moment!
Really had Knott picked to win this one. You never know what will happen come tournament time!
bball dad Wrote:The mascot is a good kid and student that supports our girls no matter what and unless u know him leave him out of your crying and whining.

Knott will give an excuse for anything
Knott always having an excuse blue/red! all season all we have heard is how Letcher has a player out!
Ladypatfan Wrote:Knott always having an excuse blue/red! all season all we have heard is how Letcher has a player out!

True
[Image: hns7Dxl.png]

We fought hard and came up a little short. Now, on to Regionals. You are about to see a concession stand and hospitality room like no other. We are polishing the handrails and getting ready to battle with Leslie. Patriot Nation is about to rise!

More mash taters please!
fatpatfan Wrote:[Image: hns7Dxl.png]

We fought hard and came up a little short. Now, on to Regionals. You are about to see a concession stand and hospitality room like no other. We are polishing the handrails and getting ready to battle with Leslie. Patriot Nation is about to rise!

More mash taters please!
Glad to see ya back fatpat. It was a hard fought game by both teams.