Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Online play???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok guys I just got the cable internet. I went to walmart and got me a networking cable to run from my cable modem to my ps2 and When i go to test my connection it says "Connection has timed out" just wondering if I got the wrong cable need somethign else to get it to work or if its in my playstation network thing. Any help would be appreciated lol I love playign me some NCAA 07 and I'm hpin to get this workign to give some one a dose.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Ok guys I just got the cable internet. I went to walmart and got me a networking cable to run from my cable modem to my ps2 and When i go to test my connection it says "Connection has timed out" just wondering if I got the wrong cable need somethign else to get it to work or if its in my playstation network thing. Any help would be appreciated lol I love playign me some NCAA 07 and I'm hpin to get this workign to give some one a dose.

I would get you a wired router and hook your modem up to that. You take a small piece of network cable run it from you're modem to your router hub.Then you take the cable you bought and run that from lets say there is 4 slots well you hook your cable you bought into say slot 1 then hook the other side into your ps2.
I hope I could help you.
Does it cost anything to play online for PS2?
I just havem a a little belkin 4 port router myself it works just fine. I'm sure you could go to office max or homedepot and find one for around 50 or 60 plus another 15 or 20 for the small 7 foot piece of cable. I looked on office max site didn't see anything smaller than 7 foot.
Somerset_Football Wrote:Does it cost anything to play online for PS2?
No you agree to some espn thing and you can play for free.
Alot of it depends on what gamesyou play and what their server you play on.
I have yet to run into any games that charged you to play on the ps2. Like on socom navy seals 3 you can play for free or you can pay to play in ranked games plus get the extra map pack.But in no way do they say you can't have the right to play for free and fun.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:No you agree to some espn thing and you can play for free.

That is with all ea sports games that I speak of the espn thing.:thumpsup:
Oh, I heard you have to pay so much per month but I'm gonna start to play online if it doesn't
Somerset_Football Wrote:Oh, I heard you have to pay so much per month but I'm gonna start to play online if it doesn't
No that is for xbox live.
Somerset_Football Wrote:Oh, I heard you have to pay so much per month but I'm gonna start to play online if it doesn't
What games are you gonna play online?
NCAA Football 2007, Madden, anything like that
I play march madness 06 online for ps2 right now along with socom 3. I will get some 07 games soon though to play online when I get my ps3.
All you have to do is call your cable provider and tell them you need to set up your ps2 and they will walk you through it.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Ok guys I just got the cable internet. I went to walmart and got me a networking cable to run from my cable modem to my ps2 and When i go to test my connection it says "Connection has timed out" just wondering if I got the wrong cable need somethign else to get it to work or if its in my playstation network thing. Any help would be appreciated lol I love playign me some NCAA 07 and I'm hpin to get this workign to give some one a dose.

I usally always play online but the other day it said my "connection has timed out" and I have not tried it agin.
Can I use a wireless router? My cousin uses one for their computer and their laptop and its wireless. Can I use it for the PS2 because I won't be able to run a cable to connect them because my PS2 is like on the other side of the house to where my computer is.
Somerset_Football Wrote:Can I use a wireless router? My cousin uses one for their computer and their laptop and its wireless. Can I use it for the PS2 because I won't be able to run a cable to connect them because my PS2 is like on the other side of the house to where my computer is.

I don't believe you can for the ps2 since its not setup for wireless.

Just drill a hole in your bedroom floor like me.
I play Madden 07 and Nascar 07 online. I am wanting to play without the QB Vision on Madden Online though..Can anyone please PM me and let me know how I do that..Thanks
I play madden 07 online also for ps3.

SValley Fan

I cant stand all these Glitches for online play...you cant enjoy the game for it
SValley Fan Wrote:I cant stand all these Glitches for online play...you cant enjoy the game for it
'

Not as many glitches if your playng with a cable internet. I love it. Im starting to get hooked on Smackdown vs Raw 2007 for ps2 online.