Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The KSR Effect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Like it or not.... Kentucky Sports Radio (KSR) is the Face and the Voice of the Big Blue Nation.

Matt Jones, Drew Franklin, Ryan Lemond, Mrs. Tyler Thompson, Ally Tucker, BTI and the rest of the KSR staff have the most visited college sports blog in the Country. Their daily radio show from 10am-12pm is one of the most streamed programs on iHeart radio in nation. And their pre and post game shows for football and basketball games are gold.

The sponsors of their website/radio program have all said their business has improved greatly since becoming sponsors.

Matt Jones has been on MSNBC, Drew Franklin gets shout outs on ESPN from time to time. Their "support staff" of Jared Lorenzen, a great number of former UK football and basketball players and national sports writers make KSR more than just a blog or your run-of-the-mill radio show.

Callers like John Short (By 15 bigguns), Madison (with his 2 questions that have 5 points a piece), J.T. (whose phone seems to fade in and out like clockwork), Josephine (a teenager in an 80 year old women) and Kentucky Joe (bless his heart) all make for great radio.
Love going to the site and reading daily to keep up with UK sports.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Like it or not.... Kentucky Sports Radio (KSR) is the Face and the Voice of the Big Blue Nation.

Matt Jones, Drew Franklin, Ryan Lemond, Mrs. Tyler Thompson, Ally Tucker, BTI and the rest of the KSR staff have the most visited college sports blog in the Country. Their daily radio show from 10am-12pm is one of the most streamed programs on iHeart radio in nation. And their pre and post game shows for football and basketball games are gold.

The sponsors of their website/radio program have all said their business has improved greatly since becoming sponsors.

Matt Jones has been on MSNBC, Drew Franklin gets shout outs on ESPN from time to time. Their "support staff" of Jared Lorenzen, a great number of former UK football and basketball players and national sports writers make KSR more than just a blog or your run-of-the-mill radio show.

Callers like John Short (By 15 bigguns), Madison (with his 2 questions that have 5 points a piece), J.T. (whose phone seems to fade in and out like clockwork), Josephine (a teenager in an 80 year old women) and Kentucky Joe (bless his heart) all make for great radio.

Cawood Ledford was the "Voice" of the Big Blue nation for many years. Ledford's style and professionalism endeared himself to many sports fans in the state of Kentucky. IMO the whole KSR bunch is nothing more than a group of clowns that know nothing about Football and very little about basketball! The KSR Crew's knowledge of UK basketball only dates back to Pitino's time as coach.
honestjchsfan Wrote:Cawood Ledford was the "Voice" of the Big Blue nation for many years. Ledford's style and professionalism endeared himself to many sports fans in the state of Kentucky. IMO the whole KSR bunch is nothing more than a group of clowns that know nothing about Football and very little about basketball! The KSR Crew's knowledge of UK basketball only dates back to Pitino's time as coach.

I agree. Matt Jones is an unprofessional joke wannabe reporter. That's why he's been fired from CBS, KSTV, and been in hot water over several ridiculous comments.

He does not represent me as a fan, or the BBN.
Their football coverage makes me sick. They know nothing about it. 20 3* recruits on 365recruitmenow.com doesn't a top 25 class make. I think Rick Romby, Kyle Macy, Mike Pratt and others do a wonderful job of voicing the Wildcats.
I bet the people that don't like KSR are the same ones that sit quietly in the lowers at Rupp.. but that's none of my business.
It's fun for the fans. Not everything has to be "professional". I personally find shows that try to be all professional kind of boring.
I've got nothing against KSR - I don't listen to the show often but I look at the website from time-to-time...

but to say that they are the FACE and VOICE of the big blue nation is kind of out there.

It's a group of clever guys that love UK and they run an efficient machine - You can't hold anything against them.

They're not journalists and I doubt that they would fight that they are. They're some really smart bloggers/podcasters and they are making their stamp in the digital world.
I can not stand Matt Jones. He is a liberal nut job.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Like it or not.... Kentucky Sports Radio (KSR) is the Face and the Voice of the Big Blue Nation.

Have they have you a job yet? You've been holing there jock strap forever now.

KSR is not the face of anything. It's a complete joke when it comes to most things. RBM hit the nail on the head. There knowledge of football is a complete joKe. They get hard ons when we sign a 2 star that will always suck. Westside was also right. It's nothing more than a liberal hate spew of ignorance. If it were really the face of KY basketball then MS. Grimes would have got more votes than that embarrassment they pulled off.

If someone could make a show and site that was actually knowledgeable and knew what they were doing and left there liberal garbage and non stop talking about lville then it would take it over in no time.

It doesn't represent me or anyone I know. Its a complete joke. YAHTZEE!
I like KSR because of the light-heartedness.
Matt Jones is the Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan or Paul Heyman for the Big Blue Nation.

He is so witty and clever when dealing with rival school fans and UK fans that are hating on certain players and coaches. He owns the loserville fans when they call in to his show.

I've never met him in person, but his daily shows are so funny and informative, not just about UK athletics... but pop culture and current events. Being a lawyer and putting a lawyers thoughts on certain issues really sets his show apart.

Cawood is a legend. Nobody will ever be even close to Cawood Ledford. But this is a different time. Social media, internet blogs and streaming radio service is something that, IMO, Cawood couldn't pull off.
I guess his vast unprofessionalism is why he now does the JMI Pregame show at home games. If people really wanted more knowledge Joe B. and Denny was on at the exact same time slot and KSR blew it away in the ratings. The show is pretty entertaining and they do seem to be the voice of the BBN to me.
Did you guys know he went to law school at Duke?
zaga_fan Wrote:Did you guys know he went to law school at Duke?

Yes....

Do you also know he went to Middlesboro High School.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Yes....

Do you also know he went to Middlesboro High School.

Absolutely. His mother is the Commonwealth's Attorney in Bell County.

I just think it's funny that he went to law school at Duke.

Do you not see the irony?
zaga_fan Wrote:Absolutely. His mother is the Commonwealth's Attorney in Bell County.

I just think it's funny that he went to law school at Duke.

Do you not see the irony?

That is the definition of irony.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:That is the definition of irony.

:truestory:
I think Matt Jones tries to incite fans against UK opponents which is funny on the air. I do not think he really believes all he says, just does it as a schtick. The reference comparing him to Bobby The Brain Heenan was spot on in my book. He is not allowed to say anything negative about UK, which is fine, but it sounds like he is instructed by Barnhart to bash away at Louisville, Duke, etc.
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:I bet the people that don't like KSR are the same ones that sit quietly in the lowers at Rupp.. but that's none of my business.
It's fun for the fans. Not everything has to be "professional". I personally find shows that try to be all professional kind of boring.

Nothing wrong with a show being fun for the fans but if you are doing a Radio show about UK sports it would be smart to know a little bit about UK sports! Matt Jones made the statement on the air that Dan Issel wasn't a basketball star:lmao: DUDE Dan Issel is in the HOF when he retired he trailed only Kareem, Wilt and Dr. J in points scored! They made the comment that Issel was a late round draft pick but they had no clue why! If the KSR clowns couldn't Google things on the air they would be a laughing stock of sports radio!
3-5-15 just proved my point.

In the first hour.... an Indiana fan called in and made a crazy prediction about a recruit.
Matt told the listeners to get his name #BrianTSlade trending on twitter.

At 11:45am, #BrianTSlade was the #1 TREND IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!
Pulp, leave your info and ill see if I can get you an internship.