Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Floyd vs Allen Central, who you got?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
South Floyd vs Allen central who you got?
SF by a landslide
Ac didn't look very good the other night on offense against bl but they played some tough defense
Gonna go with coach short and the Rebels to pull out the win
The Radas
If sf shoots the ball the way they did last night no way ac wins
Raiders basketball Wrote:If sf shoots the ball the way they did last night no way ac wins

Aren't you the same guy that said the coach should be fired at SF?
kywildcat606 Wrote:Aren't you the same guy that said the coach should be fired at SF?
Actually I said he needed to learn how to coach if ur team is making shots it don't matter if ray Charles is the coach
SF at home 63 AC 55
if SF works as a team and plays together like they have been they will win with ease....what i saw out of AC the other night against BL they make lazy passes and missed a lot of open easy shots. Anyone can say what they want tho but seems like when we (SF) play anyone they have the best game of their life and can shoot with their eyes closed and make them....that being said i still think it will be a good interesting game but SF with the win in the end
South Floyd so Raiders Basketball will lay off coach
South Floyd by 14. Good for SF and in particular Holbrook and Scott Shannon. They deserve it!
3sportfan Wrote:South Floyd so Raiders Basketball will lay off coach

When he has a winning season I will lay off
Raiders basketball Wrote:Actually I said he needed to learn how to coach if ur team is making shots it don't matter if ray Charles is the coach

He brought the first district championship back to SF since 2005. I think he's doing something right.:rockon:
Raiders basketball Wrote:Deleted

Doesn't care about the kids? Is that why he spends his evenings after working from 8-3 to help them build a good team? As far as the losing record goes, ask AC about that losing record, ask Betsy Layne, ask Prestonsburg, hell, ask Calapari which he would rather have; a losing season record, or to cut the nets down at the end of the year? For me, I'd rather lose every game of the season if it meant I won the district championship and got to move on to the regional tournament. When you look back on history, you never hear anything about who had the better record, all you hear is who brought home the trophy.
Raiders basketball Wrote:You are really smoking Crack if u think sf is going to win the regional tournament please put the pipe down and come back to the real world

I'll put mine down after you finish yours. Please, if you will, show me where I said they would win the region. :lame:

However, winning the district and having that chance to win the region, I'd take that any day.
i think since people have stated this discussion the raiders have been playing better, but the coaches fans seem up set about his criticism . go raiders
Pretty sure hes talking about just winning the District Championship, dude you sound as if your issues go further than the court. May want to take all those All-Americans that aren't playing and try another place, hell transfer and then come back and beat the coach, that would be some type of redemption.
Raiders basketball Wrote:Deleted

Spoken like a true adolescent. This isn't grade school, coaches at the high school level are there to win ball games. Not put in players just because of seniority.
I don't have a reason to be mad, no horse in this race, just making some observations.
Why would a senior play all year to quit after they just won a District Championship?
Buddy before you complain about your coach learn to spell. The real issue here is obviously the academics at SFHS. Not only are you a horrible teammate but you are an insult to the English language
He just won a District Tournament!
It is not about where/how you start, but where/how you finish. The Raiders are playing their best basketball right now and that is what matters most at the end of the season. They are best versions of themselves right now, and that is all a coach can control.

Records are not always good indicators of coaching ability at this level. These coaches can't recruit like they do at the college level. They have to play the hands they are dealt, and there is not a lot of talent coming out of this area because the schools are so small. Sure, sometimes you get lucky and get a more talented group of kids, but that is definitely not the norm.

Proud of the Raiders and the coaching staff. They have done a great job this year.
its like this all the keyboard warriors put ur real name and don't hide behind a fake one say what u got to say and let ppl know who u are. Don't be a chicken s@%t ppl win lose or draw i think justin is a big hearted coach he is a soft hearted coach he needs to get a mean streak. i think in my personal opinion that would make the boys play harder and make them an all around better team if he would dig down and get that mean streak. I love watching our boys play love the coaches to death but like i said they do need a little bit of a mean streak and be rougher on the players and i have a son playing for them and think they need more physical fitness.
The game was a lot closer than the final score..AC held in there for most of the game but SF pulled out a good win..
that's a good point about the amount of talent available at these small schools..You just don't have the large pool of talent to choose from..I remember my 8th grade year at Auxier(yea that long ago) we had a fantastic team but only had five players on the A team(8th grade class was about 14-15 kids total)..We had a 6'2" center and a 6' 1" power forward(that's a big grade school team) plus three good guards..Started out winning the first few games handily..Then our big forward broke his arm, out for season..Then our best guard got mad and transferred next game..so that left us with three A team players for the rest of the season..Had to take the B team bench every game after..So you can imagine it was a rough go from then on out.:HitWall: