Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 58th District - Allen Central 48 Betsy Layne 45
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats to Allen Central!!! I didn't see this one coming at all.

Betsy Layne won the regular season meetings by 15 and 10 points and the odds on favorite to win the 58th District. Did anyone see this game? Was Betsy Layne missing anyone?
Congrats Allen and Coach Short.
According to several people that I talked to, BL came in a little overconfident. I think they overlooked AC. Great win for the Rebels and Coach Short. AC really needed this considering it's been awhile since they made it out of the district. Congrats to AC.
As for BL, another great season that comes up short during tournament time. It seems like Betsy Layne always has the most talent, but just can't win the big ones. However, good season for the bobcats. Has to be hard on those seniors to go out like this.
AC did a good job of containing Case(can't stop him) and slowed the game down some plus they made some key freethrows for a change;they've been close to a breakout win lately but couldn't close the deal;also thought Rogers had an off night;may have tweaked his ankle a little at beginning of game and it was bothering him some. Great win for AC and a great group of kids;Also congrats to Coach Keathley and the Bobcats for a good year.
How did this happen one may ask? Don't know, but Sherlock is on the case. I suspect that Coach Short put together an impeccable game plan. With free throws falling and kids making plays, it is Cinderella time for the Rebels. Watson, I do believe there is nothing more to this one. Way to go Rebels on your win against the Bobcats.
That Short guy can coach!!
Thanks for the replies, and once again congrats to the Rebels and Coach Short.

Best of luck to the Betsy Layne seniors. Tough way to go out.