Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region Coach of the Year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How did Pike Central's coach win this award with a 11-16 record?
They beat Piarist, Phelps, Allen Central, and Lawrence Co. What is the deal? I would say a lot of campaigning involved.
Agree with you Warthog. Something fishy going on in the 15th region. Sounds to me like several of Pike Centrals coaching buddies got together and voted him in. I can name several more deserving coaches in the 15th. If this is what happened it is a travesty and puts a bad light on the KABC. This award is not a popularity contest, it should have been given to the coach that deserved it. I guess the KABC has to go with the votes, but the blame should be placed on the other coaches in the region that did not care enough to vote with integrity. Not all coaches are members of KABC and if you are not member you are not allowed to be coach of the year. I checked the member website and Coach Campbell of East Ridge was not listed as a member. Some of the schools listed had several of their assistants as voting members. If all 6 or 7 of these listed coaches at one school decides to vote for one coach, then that coach is almost assured to win. This system is flawed, one vote from each school should be all that is counted, all this amounts to is a stuffed ballot box and a bogus winner. Thank you.
Only head coaches get to vote in the KABC voting. They are allowed to vote for their choice for player of the year and that has to be a senior and then they vote for their choice for coach of the year. A coach cannot vote for their own player.
I can think of a few coach who deserve this honor.
East ridge- Laura Campbell
Prestonsburg- Brandon Gayheart
Valley- ROdney Rowe
South Floyd- Justin Triplett
Sheldon Clark- Tim Rice
Should've been Mark Thompson. Back to back 6 win seasons
Should have been Rodney Rowe or Denise Campbell hands down.
Darrin Rice from JC.
Coach of the year should have gone to Tim Rice from SC. He proved that last night by beating the number 1 team in the region not only once but twice. 2nd should be Belfry with the upset over East Ridge.
Coach of the year should have been someone other than what you thought crew in the 15th.
Blue/Red Wrote:Coach of the year should have been someone other than what you thought crew in the 15th.

Who would you have thought should have won it Blue/Red? A friend of mine said that the 15th region COY was only one that did not show up at Diddle to receive his award. Maybe, he too, did not think he deserved it. Imo if your fellow coaches voted you in, the least you could do is show up.