Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mercer County 43 Owensboro Catholic 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
final
Congrats Now here come the Devils.:devilflam
to bad they wont get the 56 points they need to get the record
good win for the state champs
Watch out Mercer here comes the RED DEVILS:devilflam
Good win Mercer, and good luck next week at papa johns.
Congrats to Mercer on the W....didnt sound like much of a game! They'll have their hands full next week against Russell
woooo go titans!!!!!!!

kolby taylor - backup 2nd string freshman quaterback
Congrat's to Mercer! Expected to see Owensboro keep it closer, but I guess Mercer is the real deal!
Good luck next year to Owensboro C!
Panther#42 Wrote:Congrat's to Mercer! Expected to see Owensboro keep it closer, but I guess Mercer is the real deal!
Good luck next year to Owensboro C!

We will find out out next week because Russell will not give up the title without a fight.The chip is on Mercer Countys Shoulder.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:We will find out out next week because Russell will not give up the title without a fight.The chip is on Mercer Countys Shoulder.

This is true, Russell has a great defense from what I saw tonight, I think if they get it going early they can deffinatley play with Mercer, but it will be very hard! Mercer is the favorite to win it this year, but im sure Russell isn't ready to give up being the defending state champions just yet!
Congrats to Mercer Co. on a big win. I figured this one would be a lot closer.
Mercer is going to be a tough fight but the way our defense played tonight,,,,, anything can happen..
I believe we have a chance but also it will be a low scoring game.
Mercer has absolutely rolled to the 2A State Title game. Good luck Titans!
Congrats Mercer
Congrats Mercer
Congrats Mercer, I never knew anything about your school until this year until one of my buddies in college graduated from there and informed me all about you all.
Since Mercer won their first playoff game over Lloyd, nearly 90% of the posters on this site have picked against them in their next games, and I believe Mercer has blown the doors off each of those opponents.

SO, what is the pick going to be this time?

I think it will be closer than the other games, but Mercer's overall speed is something I don't think Russell has seen all season. And with it being played on that good turf grass at Papa John's, it will only help them better. I hope Russell does make it a good game, but I see Mercer running away in the end, by at least 3 TDs.
the devils are going to have a handfull
t-cat50 Wrote:the devils are going to have a handfull
And so is Mercer County.
you don't beat owensboro catholic 43-0 in the state semi's if you are not really good.

has anyone scored more that 2 td's against them.
t-cat50 Wrote:you don't beat owensboro catholic 43-0 in the state semi's if you are not really good.

I think Mercer County is getting ready to hit a brick wall Friday!!!
cbls_75 Wrote:I think Mercer County is getting ready to hit a brick wall Friday!!!

Papa Johns has one of those in the back of the end zones now?
t-cat50 Wrote:you don't beat owensboro catholic 43-0 in the state semi's if you are not really good.

You don't beat Belfry 19-0 in the state semis if you are not really good.
FBALL Wrote:You don't beat Belfry 19-0 in the state semis if you are not really good.

agreed.
It was plain by the score last year that OC had trouble with the run.. I bet they had nightmares after the game last year..against Kasey.. I wonder what they are doing after Mercer this week???? Nobody say playing Basketball either...thats a lame comeback...
shooting hoops
I can always count on you FBALL to keep it real....... As youknow that OC lat year was not a hitting team... I wonder who hits harder, Russell or Mercer???? Ask OC they would know....
All I know is that Russell was hitting hard Friday night. If they continue to play defense with that kind of passion and aggresion I like their chances.
Pages: 1 2