Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central Basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A teacher at Perry Central high school told me that Perry Central only had 7 varsity players left on the team and one is a 8th grader. Also, said that Perry only had 6 players for their last game.

Who all has quit the team? and/or What's going on?
I'm not 100 percent sure on the enrollment number at Perry but they normally have 1000 students.
Their coach Shannon Hoskins is just like King Leonidas in the movie 300. Only a certain few can be Spartan Warriors. If there is only 6 then there is only 6. Aooooohhhhhhhh
I highly see this being factual.If it's true,Hoskins won't be around too long.
Good heavens! Who would associate such behavior with Perry basketball? It is my belief Watson, founded upon my experience, that no other program shall commit such a deviant and dreadful act.
I hope this isn't true.Hoskins is a great coach and was a big part of Clay's history.There's more to this than meets the eye if players left.It's not always the coach in every circumstance.
The commodores have lost a few players. To my knowledge three players have quit the team. Seth Napier, Travis Dunn and Austin Hill. They have 3 players out with football injuries. If you watch one of their games you will see the injured kids on the bench.
Not had quite the success as coach Spurlock had, huh? I think he had more success in one season than this program has had last two seasons combined. But, others just couldn't leave well enough alone and let the man coach the way the team needed to be coached. But, what else is new in this game.
The commodores have some great freshman and they are asking them to dress on the varsity now. The 8th grader could start on a lot of teams in this region.
I have no gripes with coach Spurlock but he lost the region with a 15 point better team than KCC. So , I don't know where your success was at that you were speaking of.
Best of luck to former Clay County Tiger, Shannon Hoskins.
Perry central. Hahahahaha
Why didn't Perry Central dress 15 players all season anyways? I have seen them several times with just 10 players, and then the 2 hurt football players. But hey, I guess why let those freshman dress then when they're Junior just bring someone in from another school to play over them.
The really sad thing is that they can take those 7 players and beat just about any team around here.
You are right Zaga.Perry has an eighth grader that will be a key player very soon and the remaining players should win the district this year.Next year,Perry will be almost impossible to beat in the 14th and should be the 2016 14th representative.Several rumors flying of why they left,it all comes out in the wash.
zaga_fan Wrote:The really sad thing is that they can take those 7 players and beat just about any team around here.

No, the sad thing is that one of the best basketball programs in eastern ky only has 7 players dressing varsity. and 1 from buckhorn, 1 from Breathitt, and 1 from Philly. Perry County kids grow up loving basketball and love PCC basketball and then stuff like this happens.
Not saying that bringing kids in is a bad thing but dang man, at least dress 15-18 kids and let the fr and so dress.

And the 8th grader in very good but dang people in 2 years he's going to have to have someone to play with him. Stop running everyone off.
UK#24 Wrote:No, the sad thing is that one of the best basketball programs in eastern ky only has 7 players dressing varsity. and 1 from buckhorn, 1 from Breathitt, and 1 from Philly. Perry County kids grow up loving basketball and love PCC basketball and then stuff like this happens.
Not saying that bringing kids in is a bad thing but dang man, at least dress 15-18 kids and let the fr and so dress.

And the 8th grader in very good but dang people in 2 years he's going to have to have someone to play with him. Stop running everyone off.

In two years he's going to have someone to play with him?
That's a bad thing?

Listen.
I understand everyone likes to get riled up about this transfer business, but I'll say what I've said a million times...
No one has a God-given right to play basketball anywhere because they've always wanted to.
Kids transfer for a lot of reasons (i.e. playing time, winning games) and any coach would be stupid to sit the most talented kids because they transferred.
If you have talent and work hard enough you can earn some playing time.

Would you suggest we do like kindergarten games and not keep score and give everyone a participation award?
zaga_fan Wrote:In two years he's going to have someone to play with him?
That's a bad thing?

Listen.
I understand everyone likes to get riled up about this transfer business, but I'll say what I've said a million times...
No one has a God-given right to play basketball anywhere because they've always wanted to.
Kids transfer for a lot of reasons (i.e. playing time, winning games) and any coach would be stupid to sit the most talented kids because they transferred.

Would you suggest we do like kindergarten games and not keep score and give everyone a participation award?

At Hazard?
I'll be taking bets right now.

If Noah Back is still on the team for his sophomore year I change your avatar on here for a year.
If not, you can pick what mine is for a year.
UK#24 Wrote:No, the sad thing is that one of the best basketball programs in eastern ky only has 7 players dressing varsity. and 1 from buckhorn, 1 from Breathitt, and 1 from Philly. Perry County kids grow up loving basketball and love PCC basketball and then stuff like this happens.

That's a bad thing?

Listen.

read my whole post, every time someone brings up transfers someone gets butt hurt.
chill out.
But how can u be PCC fan and be happy about whats going on with the basketball program?
And i wasn't talking about playing kids i am talking about dressing kids and having a program.
UK#24 Wrote:read my whole post, every time someone brings up transfers someone gets butt hurt.
chill out.
But how can u be PCC fan and be happy about whats going on with the basketball program?
And i wasn't talking about playing kids i am talking about dressing kids and having a program.

I'll watch PCC basketball from now til forever.

Am I happy that some kids quit the team? No.
But the fact that Shannon decided to dress the kids that were already on varsity and let the kids who her hurt sit on the bench doesn't bother me in the least.
Ok your not understanding where i'm coming from.
But anyways, Coach Thomas tweets that his Freshman team in 12-0 but yet only 1 dresses varsity (Noah Back) - wish Back threaten to go to Hazard in dec and next thing you know he's seeing big minutes on varsity.
Hoskins is a short timer. Turmoil amongst the players (only 7 dressing, fighting in the locker room), turmoil amongst the coaching staff (LJ Thomas getting a DUI), and at Perry there is always turmoil amongst the administration with Punkin Combs and Heston Beverly involved.

In all honesty, there are two events that set Perry's program back 20 years. One was running Al Holland off and the other was losing to Buckhorn in 2012. No Commodore fan will ever admit it because for some reason they feel as if Perry is the high school equivalent to UK or the Boston Celtics, but it's true and about anyone who is unbiased can see it. Once Beverly graduates, it will be the nail in the coffin for Perry Central basketball.
Hes prep school bound. No way he plays at Perry next Season...
What's Perry done since they decided to not allow coach Spurlock to do his job? Karma is a b----!
Maybe so,maybe not.Did Spurlock win a 14th regional title? In my days,you want to quit,you quit.Somebody just awaitin to take your place.That's the way it is.Perry wants titles,but multiple players leaving spells trouble.
Perry is done.
Everyone quits.
Shandon gets fired.
A bunch of kids from outside the county transfer in and mess things up everyone.
Braxton leaves for a prep school (like everyone has said on here for the last 4 years).
zaga_fan Wrote:Perry is done.
Everyone quits.
Shandon gets fired.
A bunch of kids from outside the county transfer in and mess things up everyone.
Braxton leaves for a prep school (like everyone has said on here for the last 4 years).

North Laurel isn't a prep school just yet. Rumor :popcorn:
I'm hearing rumors that NL player is headed to prep school. Maybe he and Beverly are going together.
Perry and basketball. The drama never ends. Hahaha
That's a bad thing?

Listen.

Lol..This post implies that transfers just "show up" unannounced in the school.. And the coach has no prior knowledge of the transfer so he may as well play the best players available at the time.. Or he is ignorant and non competitive
Pages: 1 2