Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Morgan County 75 Lawrence County 74
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good win for the Cougars. LC shots was not fallen tonight.
LC is really bad on Defense.
Congrats Morgan Co.!!
Okie dokie didn't see this coming not the best shot selection by the dogs and to many forced 3s.
Good game Morgan regroup LC and get ready for the next one
Congrats Morgan Co. Sounds like a good one looking at the score.
Anyone have any stats for either team?
T. Dalton 28
Perry 27
Adams 19 he killed Lc in the first half.
HELLLOOOOO

Anybody home?

Where's everybody at?
Kysportsfan4life Wrote:T. Dalton 28
Perry 27
Adams 19 he killed Lc in the first half.

For Morgan
Jordan Perry 29
Ryan Adams 19
Michael Prater 16
Bob Seger Wrote:HELLLOOOOO
Anybody home?
Where's everybody at?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxgQ2j5Er-I-O7wTuj9iW...AK474-OzMQ]
Creeker Wrote:[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxgQ2j5Er-I-O7wTuj9iW...AK474-OzMQ]

lol....Lighten up Leonard.
Did not get to the game last night. Does morgan co. Have good post player that can score? That always gives lc trouble.
^ I believe Adams is around 6'4"-6'5", but i don't know if he plays the big man role as I've not seen Morgan play.
Sounds like Morgan won in a good one. Congrats to the Cougars. I'm still confident in the progress this LC team is making.
Lawrence has had up and down year.Good win for Morgan and Coach Perry.
Adams 6-4 or Sparkman 6-1 guards the other team's big guy usually. Morgan starts a freshman PG 6-1, 6-4 Junior G, 6-4 Senior G, 6-4 Junior F, and a 6-1 Junior F. But they all score from the guard position. They do not throw it in the post or back anyone down. They are just really good in transition. And having Perry, the #2 leading scorer in the state to bale you out helps too.
Fighter09 Wrote:Adams 6-4 or Sparkman 6-1 guards the other team's big guy usually. Morgan starts a freshman PG 6-1, 6-4 Junior G, 6-4 Senior G, 6-4 Junior F, and a 6-1 Junior F. But they all score from the guard position. They do not throw it in the post or back anyone down. They are just really good in transition. And having Perry, the #2 leading scorer in the state to bale you out helps too.

I understand now lc does not play good enough defense when a team has 4 or 5 players that can all score. Sounds like you all have a really good team, good luck the rest of the year!
Good win for Morgan
I think we need to get some of our players more shots we have a couple that likes to try and shoot all the shots, the offense needs to be an inside out offense with all the shooters we have i would move timothy to the post and sorround him with the better shooters.
Very good game, I enjoyed watching it! Fans really got into it!
love the close games. good job boys
Will Morgan County be able to put a run together in the regional tournament?
FrankTheBeamer Wrote:Will Morgan County be able to put a run together in the regional tournament?

Rowan is regarded as the top team by most people, I'd then go Morgan, Elliott, Boyd and East Carter right behind them. I def think Morgan has a team capable of winning the 16th.
Lcdawgman Wrote:I think we need to get some of our players more shots we have a couple that likes to try and shoot all the shots, the offense needs to be an inside out offense with all the shooters we have i would move timothy to the post and sorround him with the better shooters.

Timothy will be unhappy!
Lcdawgman Wrote:I think we need to get some of our players more shots we have a couple that likes to try and shoot all the shots, the offense needs to be an inside out offense with all the shooters we have i would move timothy to the post and sorround him with the better shooters.

Fighter09 Wrote:Rowan is regarded as the top team by most people, I'd then go Morgan, Elliott, Boyd and East Carter right behind them. I def think Morgan has a team capable of winning the 16th.

The only thing you have close to right is Rowan is regarded as the top team, with that being said Boyd Co beat them at Rowan Co earlier in the year so I would try and guess that Boyd Co is reguarded as the favorite. As far as the 62nd district goes all those games will be good games. East very well could beat Morgan and the same goes with West beating Elliott. But here are the stats for this years district games.... Morgan and East split their head to head matchups. So that looks pretty even to me. Elliott has beaten West 4 times East 2 times and have beaten Morgan 3 times. So looks like it should be Elliott's district to lose. Whatcha think Fighter09........ Now Morgan may very well win the district stranger things have happened but to put them higher than East & Elliott I really dont understand. They have 2 very good players. One home grown and one transplant, another from a neighboring county and some role players. :please:
I think Morgan beats East by 10 or more cause they are just a better team. Then I think Morgan beats Elliott. When Lawrence had Boyd down by 30+ with 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter then Lawrence pulled their starters. Morgan went to Lawrence and beat them the very next week, that told me Morgan is a lot better than Boyd co. The same Boyd co team that beat Rowan by 3. Elliott losing to a terrible Wolfe co team at home tells me they got lucky twice and beat Morgan by 1 and Morgan will mop the court with them come Friday night. Count on it. You can complain all you want about having a kid transfer there. Are there many if any teams that don't get kids transfer in year after year? All of the Pike co kids switch between the schools there year after year. The Dalton boys aren't from Louisa. The same with Perry Central and Hazard kids. Breathitt, Jackson City kids. Say it all u want about transfers. Every team does it. Can't wait til Friday night when I post the score of Morgan beating Elliott. And if that doesn't happen I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.
Fighter09 Wrote:I think Morgan beats East by 10 or more cause they are just a better team. Then I think Morgan beats Elliott. When Lawrence had Boyd down by 30+ with 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter then Lawrence pulled their starters. Morgan went to Lawrence and beat them the very next week, that told me Morgan is a lot better than Boyd co. The same Boyd co team that beat Rowan by 3. Elliott losing to a terrible Wolfe co team at home tells me they got lucky twice and beat Morgan by 1 and Morgan will mop the court with them come Friday night. Count on it. You can complain all you want about having a kid transfer there. Are there many if any teams that don't get kids transfer in year after year? All of the Pike co kids switch between the schools there year after year. The Dalton boys aren't from Louisa. The same with Perry Central and Hazard kids. Breathitt, Jackson City kids. Say it all u want about transfers. Every team does it. Can't wait til Friday night when I post the score of Morgan beating Elliott. And if that doesn't happen I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.

The dalton boys have been in lawrence county since grade school they have played all their high school basketball at lc. It is trure that robert played some grade school ball at ft. Gay. For those of you that my not know louisa and ft.gay are basically one community separated by the river. It is not like those boys transfered from paintsville to lc.
Fighter09 Wrote:I think Morgan beats East by 10 or more cause they are just a better team. Then I think Morgan beats Elliott. When Lawrence had Boyd down by 30+ with 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter then Lawrence pulled their starters. Morgan went to Lawrence and beat them the very next week, that told me Morgan is a lot better than Boyd co. The same Boyd co team that beat Rowan by 3. Elliott losing to a terrible Wolfe co team at home tells me they got lucky twice and beat Morgan by 1 and Morgan will mop the court with them come Friday night. Count on it. You can complain all you want about having a kid transfer there. Are there many if any teams that don't get kids transfer in year after year? All of the Pike co kids switch between the schools there year after year. The Dalton boys aren't from Louisa. The same with Perry Central and Hazard kids. Breathitt, Jackson City kids. Say it all u want about transfers. Every team does it. Can't wait til Friday night when I post the score of Morgan beating Elliott. And if that doesn't happen I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.

Elliott and Morgan has played 3 times. 2 of those games was 1 point wins. The other was by about 20. Of the three games Morgan was only in the drivers seat for 1 of them the last game they played. Morgan may very well could beat Elliott or West which ever team that is lucky enough to win tonight. All I was trying to say was that Elliott by beating Morgan 3 times no matter the score has to be considered the favorite to win the 62nd district. Morgan has 2 great players no matter how they got there and a coach that has more drive in him than alot of the players playing today's game. Morgan has split with East and I am betting that no matter the outcome of the Elliott West game, it will be one hostile enviroment at West Carter Wed. night when you take on the Raiders. And I am not complaining about kids ending up at Morgan Co, If I was to try and get one I would make sure they was good enough to get the job done. Record in district for Morgan is 3-5. But once again Morgan could very well win the district but they got to beat East first.
Welcome Wrote:Elliott and Morgan has played 3 times. 2 of those games was 1 point wins. The other was by about 20. Of the three games Morgan was only in the drivers seat for 1 of them the last game they played. Morgan may very well could beat Elliott or West which ever team that is lucky enough to win tonight. All I was trying to say was that Elliott by beating Morgan 3 times no matter the score has to be considered the favorite to win the 62nd district. Morgan has 2 great players no matter how they got there and a coach that has more drive in him than alot of the players playing today's game. Morgan has split with East and I am betting that no matter the outcome of the Elliott West game, it will be one hostile enviroment at West Carter Wed. night when you take on the Raiders. And I am not complaining about kids ending up at Morgan Co, If I was to try and get one I would make sure they was good enough to get the job done. Record in district for Morgan is 3-5. But once again Morgan could very well win the district but they got to beat East first.

Elliott county losing to Wolfe and barely beating West Carter tells me they are not playing well right now. It has been over a week for most teams since they have played. So all teams may be a little rusty. But if you base it on who beat who, etc then yes Elliott county is def the favorite to come out of that district. I just know Morgan has won 7 in a row and have played some really good basketball since the overtime loss to East at East Carter. That's all I am basing my opinion on. That and I am rooting for the Cougars! I wouldn't be surprised if West beat Elliott and East beat Morgan. Could go several different ways.
Pages: 1 2