Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 54th District Draw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just got a text saying it would be Hazard/Perry and Buckhorn/Leslie. Thoughts on this?
There are no easy draw in this district. Should be two good games.
could be two good games Buckhorn lost twice to Leslie by 1 point each time and Hazard and Perry split.
hoghead Wrote:could be two good games Buckhorn lost twice to Leslie by 1 point each time and Hazard and Perry split.
Actually Buckhorn beat Leslie everytime they played, once in overtime, once by one point, and the other wasn't close!

Perry and Hazard split, but once was without Beverly and that makes a big difference.

Both games though will still be good games, always are in the tourney! Good luck to all 4 of the 54th district teams! Confusedinglepar
Is Beverly out for the season?
If they seeded the tourney what would seeding be?
footballfever Wrote:If they seeded the tourney what would seeding be?
1. Perry (4-1)
2. Buckhorn (4-2)
3. Hazard (3-3)
4. Leslie (0-5) Perry vs Leslie is next week I think for their 6th game
I think!
skydiver1 Wrote:Is Beverly out for the season?

No. He played Saturday @ Lafayette
This is the reason that Leslie and Buckhorn always vote to keep the draw. They know most years Hazard and Perry are going to finish 1-2 in the district.
Leslie and Pcc have played only 1 time this year. Leslie and Buckhorn have played a few times if that's what you meant. For some reason Leslie has played Buckhorn close each time. I think that changes in the district. As for Pcc and Hazard. The Dawgs will get a much deserved whipping in this one. I've never saw a team of big Al's play as dirty as these kids. Hard nosed play would be great but a couple of them need a serious attitude adjustment. This will be a blowout!
I know why they don't seed but it still makes no sense. If I was, let's say buckhorn, and I had a good team I would want to make sure I made it to the region and if I wasn't good then it don't matter because I'm going to lose the first game of the region anyway.
If Buckhorn and Leslie had the recruiting budget of say a Perry or a Hazard, then perhaps they would vote to seed. Plain and simple it is beneficial more often than not for these teams to do a blind draw.
Well..
Perry or Hazard taking a quick exit this year.
This should jump start the rivalry.
I would like to see the seed myself but it isn't going to happen. However, I feel if good enough to win the region it shouldn't matter who you draw. Also, I feel this year the top teams are away from each other in Perry and Buckhorn. I am not counting Leslie and Hazard out by no means because either could not off one of these two. The 54th District is one of the toughest districts to get out of. Should be fun to watch.
I think if your Leslie you could not have asked for a better draw. Just for the simple fact that they will always compete and not play scared vs. buckhorn like they would perhaps vs. hazard. Leslie has played buckhorn close all season as could pull the upset if the ball bounces their way. I dont see hazard beating perry in any way or fashion. The 54th district tournament will be some great high level basketball and I cant wait to watch! Best of luck to all teams especially my LC eagles!
It will be Perry and Buckhorn going onto region.
2015 and still drawing for who plays who. Bunch of scared coaches to seed.
4ever witness Wrote:I think if your Leslie you could not have asked for a better draw. Just for the simple fact that they will always compete and not play scared vs. buckhorn like they would perhaps vs. hazard. Leslie has played buckhorn close all season as could pull the upset if the ball bounces their way. I dont see hazard beating perry in any way or fashion. The 54th district tournament will be some great high level basketball and I cant wait to watch! Best of luck to all teams especially my LC eagles!

I can't figure out why nobody is giving hazard a chance. They just beat PCC last week at their place. I realize Beverly was out, but to say they have no chance is a little bit of a stretch.
Hazard has a chance... but you have to assume that Perry is going to come out determined on top of being at full-strength.

I'm sure Al didn't show every card in his hand last week.
The 54th District is always competitive but this is one year I feel like no matter how the draw turned out, every game was likely to be close. The only scenario I don't think it would have been if Perry and Leslie had got each other. Fortunately for us basketball fans, they didn't and I think we will see two great ball games.
Let em draw if that's the way they want it.Perry or Buckhorn coming out anyway this year.Perry owns this district.
Come on buckhorn.
I'd say Buckhorn was happy! Although they barely made it past Lesile in regular season play. Should be good games both nights.
desperado Wrote:Let em draw if that's the way they want it.Perry or Buckhorn coming out anyway this year.Perry owns this district.

Didn't Hazard win the district tournament last year, so until someone else is crowed Hazard is still the district champs...
ekff Wrote:Didn't Hazard win the district tournament last year, so until someone else is crowed Hazard is still the district champs...

Perry should win the 54th this year.Hazard just don't have the scorers like last year.Same coach maybe but no way Hazard beats Perry this year.Perry won't overlook Buckhorn either.
Buckhorn got the toughest draw. It's hard enough to beat a team 3 times but 4 is even tougher. Plus the three previous games were close games. Of course I feel all games will be good ones.
The draw better than the seeding system
Leslie and Buckhorn has a 1 in 4 chance to draw each other so they may pick their own poision and then they may play each other
Hazard has had a long season.
Look for Hazard to be top dog next year. This year they will take an early exit. I think Buckhorn wins district. PCC SHOULD win but idk.. Anything less than PCC winning district is a complete let down IMO.
Pages: 1 2