Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rumors about Eddie Eviston to CCH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From my close sources at GT, this is just that a rumor, no truth to it. Georgetown is bringing in some great recruits. Georgetown will be a beast over the next few years. Here are just some of the top recruits coming in this season alone.

1) Landon Corolla- Trinity 6'3" 245 DE, 3rd team All State in Ky. Tough players, very physical and strong, nothing but up side to this young man. Great looking young player, very athletic for his size.
2) Colson Machlitt- Dixie Heights 6'2" 230 DE/OLB, All NKY player, and lead all of NKY in sacks, and tackles for loss this season. GREAT Motor, plays as hard as anybody I've seen in a while on film. Electrifying off the edge, and moves like a cat, with great hands, and will be a nightmare on passing downs for OT's. The sky is the limit for this young man. Great get for GT.
3) Cody McPeek- Frannin Co. (GA) 6' 4" 305 OL, is a road grader, moves very well, and has very good feet. looks to be a main stay on the GT OL over the next few years. Very good looking player. Great size.
4) Tyron Washington- Bishop Hartley (OH) 6' 2' 280 DT a monster, as strong as can be, and is a great run stopper. Hearing he is a good pass rusher from the inside as well. had some other offers, but chose GT, Great get for the Tigers.
5) Ryan Woolf- Ryle 5' 10" 185 LB/OLB Lead all of NKY in tackles this season, and is as smart as a whip on the football field, good looking leader, and also ran the ball at Ryle. Hearing he scored very high on the ACT as well. Sounds like a great fit for the Tigers.

I want to wish ALL the new recruits to GT all the best, and nothing but continued success in the up coming years here @ GT. Exciting times for GT football.
http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/colson-m...efault.htm

Here are the highlights I just watched of Colson Machlitt, from Dixie Heights WOW, this young man brings it, and has a GREAT motor, very impressed with how hard this young man plays! Very nice highlights. Hope GT puts some of these recruits highlights on it's football web page. GO TIGERS!
Tiger Roar Wrote:From my close sources at GT, this is just that a rumor, no truth to it. Georgetown is bringing in some great recruits. Georgetown will be a beast over the next few years. Here are just some of the top recruits coming in this season alone.

1) Landon Corolla- Trinity 6'3" 245 DE, 3rd team All State in Ky. Tough players, very physical and strong, nothing but up side to this young man. Great looking young player, very athletic for his size.
2) Colson Machlitt- Dixie Heights 6'2" 230 DE/OLB, All NKY player, and lead all of NKY in sacks, and tackles for loss this season. GREAT Motor, plays as hard as anybody I've seen in a while on film. Electrifying off the edge, and moves like a cat, with great hands, and will be a nightmare on passing downs for OT's. The sky is the limit for this young man. Great get for GT.
3) Cody McPeek- Frannin Co. (GA) 6' 4" 305 OL, is a road grader, moves very well, and has very good feet. looks to be a main stay on the GT OL over the next few years. Very good looking player. Great size.
4) Tyron Washington- Bishop Hartley (OH) 6' 2' 280 DT a monster, as strong as can be, and is a great run stopper. Hearing he is a good pass rusher from the inside as well. had some other offers, but chose GT, Great get for the Tigers.
5) Ryan Woolf- Ryle 5' 10" 185 LB/OLB Lead all of NKY in tackles this season, and is as smart as a whip on the football field, good looking leader, and also ran the ball at Ryle. Hearing he scored very high on the ACT as well. Sounds like a great fit for the Tigers.

I want to wish ALL the new recruits to GT all the best, and nothing but continued success in the up coming years here @ GT. Exciting times for GT football.

You better check out your source of information...phone calls are going out to recent recruits that have signed! The next question, will GT be able to retain these recruits with Eddie's departure to CovCath?
He's not leaving, but it makes for nice banter.
If he does leave, it shouldn't affect any of the players I talked about, they all play Def. except the OLman, who Eviston wouldn't be coaching anyway. Best of luck to him, either way. GO TIGERS!
This would be very interesting if he did leave.
Tiger Roar Wrote:He's not leaving, but it makes for nice banter.

Just received this in an email:

Quote:“My family and I are extremely excited about this opportunity to be the next head coach at Covington Catholic High School,” says Mr. Eviston. “It is no secret that great things are happening there and we are looking forward to being a part of it. I want to thank Mr. Rowe, Mr. Guidugli, and everyone else who has been involved in this process for their commitment and belief in me to lead this tradition-rich football program. I also need to thank Georgetown College and Coach Cronin for all they have done for me and my family over the last 2 years. We cannot wait to get to work on this next chapter in our lives and continue the tradition of excellence that is Covington Catholic and CovCath football!”

Mr. Eviston comes to Covington Catholic from Georgetown College in Georgetown, Kentucky, where he has been the offensive coordinator since January, 2013. Under his leadership, Georgetown averaged 506 all-purpose yards per game for the last two seasons and finished the 2014 season ranked 9th nationally in scoring offense.

Mr. Eviston comes to Covington Catholic from Georgetown College in Georgetown, Kentucky, where he has been the offensive coordinator since January, 2013. Under his leadership, Georgetown averaged 506 all-purpose yards per game for the last two seasons and finished the 2014 season ranked 9th nationally in scoring offense.

Prior to coaching at the collegiate level, Mr. Eviston was the head coach at Newport Central Catholic High School from 2010-2013. During his tenure as the head coach at NCC, Mr. Eviston compiled a record of 35-8 and led the Thoroughbreds to the KHSAA class 2A state championship in 2010 and 2012. Prior to being the head coach, Mr. Eviston was an assistant coach at NCC from 2006-2010.

Mr. Eviston was a standout student-athlete at Newport Central Catholic, earning 2nd team All-State honors in 1996 and winning the prestigious “That’s My Boy” award from the National Football Foundation in 1997.

As a player at Georgetown College, Mr. Eviston was a two year team captain, 3-time NAIA National Player of the Year, a 3-Time All-American, and was a member of the 2000 and 2001 national championship teams. He compiled a 41-1 record as a starting quarterback at Georgetown, and was also a National Football Foundation and College Football Hall of Fame Scholar-Athlete Award Finalist.

Good call :Thumbs:

Being a quarterback in college and then an accomplished coach gets me excited because it sounds like he'll be able to use all of CCH's talent and will bring some excitement to the team, especially the offense.

I was worried about who we'd hire, but this was better than I expected and I look forward to watching us go blow-to-blow with that other team in Northern Kentucky :rockon:
Tiger Roar Wrote:He's not leaving, but it makes for nice banter.

Woops.

Nice hire Cov Cath- home run IMO
Sure hope things workout for Eddie @ CCH. Hearing from some people I know up in NKY that the last two head coaches @ CCH, didn't always get the best support from parents and or see eye to eye on things such as who's playing, and playing time, with other parents wanting to try and run the show as well, vs. letting the coaches do there job and coach. The ole parents agenda thing. Again, I hope things workout for you Eddie, but I have my doubts about this being a good move from the head coaching aspect of it, not the family situation. Best of luck to you Eddie, you might just need it, vs. those parents @ CCH, with certain agendas.
^The last two coaches shot themselves in the foot so m any times they ran out of toes.
He'll do fine there and the CovCath community will welcome him
Not what I've been hearing from some people up north. Sounds like this is a tough school to be a head coach at, unless you involve certain higher ups around the program, and I'll leave it at that. Best of luck to Coach Eviston, do YOUR thing coach.
Tiger Roar Wrote:Not what I've been hearing from some people up north. Sounds like this is a tough school to be a head coach at, unless you involve certain higher ups around the program, and I'll leave it at that. Best of luck to Coach Eviston, do YOUR thing coach.

Need to talk to different people.Confusednicker:The past two coaches had issues with how to deal with people. Not just the "nosey" parent but how to deal with players in the off season when they are involved in other sports.
Gold Mine of potential and a coach coming in with a lot of momentum. Love the hire. Should be fun to watch!
nky Wrote:Need to talk to different people.Confusednicker:The past two coaches had issues with how to deal with people. Not just the "nosey" parent but how to deal with players in the off season when they are involved in other sports.

Looks like Coach Brossart of Dixie Heights did a great job this season with his team playing in the 6A state game. Maybe he just didn't fit a CCH, who knows? I know down here in the Lexington area, if you're not playing another school sport, or if it's not a school structured sport, players are expected to participate in winter conditioning, and weights at most schools in the area. Guessing it's about the same in NKY as well. I hope Coach Eviston does a great job at CCH, just hope it all works out for him there, that's all. Only time will tell. Couldn't it also be that the past two coaches didn't have issues with the CCH people, and the CCH people had issues with them? It a two way street, maybe neither coach fit the CCH mold, who knows? Best of luck to Coach Eviston. :Thumbs:
^Coach Brossart had some email "issues"
Tiger Roar Wrote:Looks like Coach Brossart of Dixie Heights did a great job this season with his team playing in the 6A state game. Maybe he just didn't fit a CCH, who knows? I know down here in the Lexington area, if you're not playing another school sport, or if it's not a school structured sport, players are expected to participate in winter conditioning, and weights at most schools in the area. Guessing it's about the same in NKY as well. I hope Coach Eviston does a great job at CCH, just hope it all works out for him there, that's all. Only time will tell. Couldn't it also be that the past two coaches didn't have issues with the CCH people, and the CCH people had issues with them? It a two way street, maybe neither coach fit the CCH mold, who knows? Best of luck to Coach Eviston. :Thumbs:

Yes- thanks for the concern- and I have no doubt Eviston will have Cov Cath competing for State Championships in a short amount of time. Excitement brings kids out who might otherwise have stayed in the hallways.
Also- using Brossart as some type of barometer for success after leaving Cov Cath is pretty silly. After all, he hasn't beaten Cov Cath yet while he's been at Dixie (not even with all that "D1" talent they have had the past few years and not this past year when. Cov Cath absolutely laid the wood to them). If he didn't do it then, he damn sure isn't going to do it now. Especially now that both schools are playing in the same 5A district.
bluedad1 Wrote:Yes- thanks for the concern- and I have no doubt Eviston will have Cov Cath competing for State Championships in a short amount of time. Excitement brings kids out who might otherwise have stayed in the hallways.
Also- using Brossart as some type of barometer for success after leaving Cov Cath is pretty silly. After all, he hasn't beaten Cov Cath yet while he's been at Dixie (not even with all that "D1" talent they have had the past few years and not this past year when. Cov Cath absolutely laid the wood to them). If he didn't do it then, he damn sure isn't going to do it now. Especially now that both schools are playing in the same 5A district.

You're very much welcome. It's clear you have a son, and or nephew who is a current player @ CCH, which is fine. I just hope Coach Eviston can do his thing and coach. I want him to have success @ CCH. BTW I looked at how CCH and Dixie did AFTER that game in Aug. ( You're right 1 game makes your season I guess ) Confusednicker: Funny thing Dixie ripped off 13 straight wins after that loss, and CCH went right down the tubes, yes CCH beat Dixie, but guessing CCH would have loved to have been in Dixie's shoes later in the season. Don't really care about your alls 5a div, being from Lex. Maybe, just maybe, like I said earlier Coach Wirth, and Coach Brossart just weren't the right fit for CCH program, it's pretty clear by your outburst, you're not a Wirth or Brossart fan, to each his own. One last thing, DIDN'T see ANY DIV. 1 players from Dixie sign with any Div. 1 Colleges, so what were you talking about with that? Best of luck to Coach Eviston.