Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland 72, Fleming County 60
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from Ashland. Ashland, 3-23, now has a two game winning streak but travels to Rowan County on Tuesday. Fleming County, 9-16, dropped its sixth game in a row. Ashland shot well over fifty percent from the floor and its 42 foul shots helped a bit. And, no, Bob Kouns did not come out of retirement for the game.
A few truths from Saturday:

1. The move of Bradley to the point has helped in the scoring column by involving other players. Villers is a scorer not a distributer. Glad someone realized this.
2. They now have a winning streak.
3. They continue to not understand how to play post defense or defend the rim.
4. Fleming County came out in a zone after Ashland called TO with a little over two minutes left with Ashland leading by 8. This allowed Ashland to lengthen their possessions and shorten the final two minutes.
5. Former Rose Hill supporters who continue to be salty and blame others for their own transgressions have to take a step back for a couple of days before reboarding the "I hate Ashland train" I guess if you dont let the sun set
on your anger, its been a long day.
Good to see a tomcat come out of hiding. But, will your "streak" be extended Tuesday at Morehead? And, assuming that it won't, will you join your other partisans back in hiding?

Any fool can support a team when it wins more than it loses- even though it may not advance to Rupp Arena again in that person's lifetime. However, those worthy of being considered "fans" do so even when their team is down. Ashland's boys desperately need your support now- not when, and if, they again become a decent team.

Go into the place of hiding, washed up, and get those who have burned their maroon shirts and caps back to Blazer Blvd. where they belong. You owe it to Biggs and the boys. After all, they can't hide.
I was in attendance Saturday, unfortunately work gets in the way of Tuesday.
BTW how many Rose Hill games have you made this year and how much have you encouraged the team?
washed up Wrote:BTW how many Rose Hill games have you made this year and how much have you encouraged the team?

Dodging the question as usual, aren't you? As for my support of Rose Hill, I didn't run and hide when all the talent was enticed to "transfer" to Ashland. And, you will find that I also openly and financially support a material number of other private schools in the state most of whom are Catholic schools. Obviously, that does not include Ashland.

In truth, that is the root of your problem over there. Make all the excuses you please but the problem is that you people either don't or can't develop any talent in your system. In the last ten years or so, you have always depended on getting "transfers" from other schools. This year, you have no imports and you have very little talent.

Still, you boys owe it to your coach and your team to come out of hiding and support them- even in times of almost certain defeat. That is what real fans do.
So if I understand you correctly, you are a Rose Hill supporter who just said "you have always depended on getting transfers" If your credability as an arm chair quarterback were on trial, it just lost the case.

As for the questions, my post indicated that I believe Rowan will win Tuesday. The other question was will I hide? You are correct, I did not answer that one. No I will not hide, never have, never will. Those who know me, will tell you you I dont run.

But wait, I asked you how many Rose Hill games you have attended this year and how have you encouraged the team? Are you the actual question dodger? Hmmmmm it appears so.
washed up Wrote:So if I understand you correctly, you are a Rose Hill supporter who just said "you have always depended on getting transfers" If your credability as an arm chair quarterback were on trial, it just lost the case.

As for the questions, my post indicated that I believe Rowan will win Tuesday. The other question was will I hide? You are correct, I did not answer that one. No I will not hide, never have, never will. Those who know me, will tell you you I dont run.

But wait, I asked you how many Rose Hill games you have attended this year and how have you encouraged the team? Are you the actual question dodger? Hmmmmm it appears so.

I would suggest that you reread my post. You don't seem to comprehend what I said but I don't find that surprising.

But, I'm glad you "don't run". If you are really one of the handful attending Ashland games, you should be rather easy to identify. And, as I have posted earlier, you boys/girls need to attend. Your favorites need you and deserve your support. Look at the bright side. This will be the thirteenth straight year that you won't have a reason to waste any money at the state tournament. Now that tends to cramp a "proud tradition" just a bit, don't you think?
I guess my trips to the State Tournament are limited, this I admit. Again though, why no answer for the number of Rose Hill games you have attended this year?
washed up Wrote:I guess my trips to the State Tournament are limited, this I admit. Again though, why no answer for the number of Rose Hill games you have attended this year?

I suspect that my attendance at Rose Hill, other high school, and UK games meets or surpasses your attendance record.

But, let me divert the conversation from who attends the most games of two of the least talented teams in Kentucky and ask you something of relevance. Will Miller be back this season? From all I have heard, he is a fine young man. I also hear that he is not far from the 1,000 career point mark. It would be a shame if he doesn't get a chance to reach that goal.
Truth Wrote:I would suggest that you reread my post. You don't seem to comprehend what I said but I don't find that surprising.

But, I'm glad you "don't run". If you are really one of the handful attending Ashland games, you should be rather easy to identify. And, as I have posted earlier, you boys/girls need to attend. Your favorites need you and deserve your support. Look at the bright side. This will be the thirteenth straight year that you won't have a reason to waste any money at the state tournament. Now that tends to cramp a "proud tradition" just a bit, don't you think?

Cat fight in the sandbox over a hapless Ashland team. Iguess Ashland is still relevant even when theyre not.:lmao:
The question of who has attended the most was never raised and since you have yet to answer the question, one can only form the opinion that it is 0. Miller is an outstanding young man and it is very unfortunate for him to miss his senior season. I dont know what his prognosis is. It would be very difficult to be in a boot for an extended period of time and return to competition quickly. I would guess we are at or near the point of no return. I will add that he is a solid student as are all the basketball players. No fear of any on them being suspended or dismissed for poor grades. Heck, I doubt any of those kids would even get thrown out of a high school athletic contest.
I will add one caveat for you about my allegiances. I root for the 16th region representative to do well on a statewide level no matter who it is. Always have, always will.
And the clawing continues:hilarious:
washed up Wrote:The question of who has attended the most was never raised and since you have yet to answer the question, one can only form the opinion that it is 0. Miller is an outstanding young man and it is very unfortunate for him to miss his senior season. I dont know what his prognosis is. It would be very difficult to be in a boot for an extended period of time and return to competition quickly. I would guess we are at or near the point of no return. I will add that he is a solid student as are all the basketball players. No fear of any on them being suspended or dismissed for poor grades. Heck, I doubt any of those kids would even get thrown out of a high school athletic contest.

Wonderful testimonial. Possibly their talents would be better used by singing in the glee club or on the academic team rather than playing basketball.

And, not that it is relevant, but I have attended Rose Hill games this year as in the past. As a whole, I tend to be more of a fan of the Ninth Region than the Sixteenth Region so most of my interest and presence is in that area- particularly NCC, CovCath, and Notre Dame. I hope that is acceptable to you.
The school thing was intended for mightydog. I figured he was a Lawrence fan. Ninth region is good basketball. I was rooting for Elliott in the All A vs NCC. I too hope that is acceptable.
No, im a 16th region fan.:devilflam
washed up Wrote:The school thing was intended for mightydog. I figured he was a Lawrence fan. Ninth region is good basketball. I was rooting for Elliott in the All A vs NCC. I too hope that is acceptable.

Certainly acceptable but highly unwise. NCC has a fine starting lineup. Drew McDonald is exceptional. He has accepted a scholarship to Northern. I hope you didn't have any money bet on the game. Good luck, and I mean it, against Rowan County tonight. I've never had much trust in Marvin Moore, Rowan County's superintendent.
I agree NCC is pretty good, defending champion and now two time defending champion I think. As for wagers, I dont gamble anything more than a Coke with a few guys at work. Winning streak was short lived as we all expected, Rowan is the clear cut favorite to win the 16th in my mind. I understand your feelings about Moore, maybe a little better than you think. I wouldnt trust either of the M & M superintendents. Good luck to your Northern KY favorites. Tough region to advance from for sure. Out of curiosity, who is the favorite? Holmes?
washed up Wrote:I agree NCC is pretty good, defending champion and now two time defending champion I think. As for wagers, I dont gamble anything more than a Coke with a few guys at work. Winning streak was short lived as we all expected, Rowan is the clear cut favorite to win the 16th in my mind. I understand your feelings about Moore, maybe a little better than you think. I wouldnt trust either of the M & M superintendents. Good luck to your Northern KY favorites. Tough region to advance from for sure. Out of curiosity, who is the favorite? Holmes?

It appears that we are in agreement in regard to our lack of trust of some superintendents. Covington Catholic is a slight favorite to win the region since they beat NCC by 10 points earlier this year. However, many seem to think NCC will prevail. I hope so although I do like CovCath. Covington Holmes would likely be number three.

It was a good All A tournament for the area with NCC winning its third straight title and the girls of Covington Holy Cross winning their first title. Since I am a supporter of private schools, the wins were particularly nice. On the other hand, the Pandas are down a bit from their run to the state championship game last year.
Congrats to Ashland. Tough seeing a storied program that down. I applaude the kids for sticking together and fighting through the tough times.
Now that we have established some common ground, I dont like it when adults take shots at one another, whether justified or not, using the players as the cannon fodder. No secret Ashland is struggling when it comes to their record, but the players are showing up everyday and are working to get better. They have no dog in the adult peeing contests that happen. To celebrate their losses only to take a jab at an adult or school is wrong.
Good win for Ashland.
washed up Wrote:Now that we have established some common ground, I dont like it when adults take shots at one another, whether justified or not, using the players as the cannon fodder. No secret Ashland is struggling when it comes to their record, but the players are showing up everyday and are working to get better. They have no dog in the adult peeing contests that happen. To celebrate their losses only to take a jab at an adult or school is wrong.

I may agree with you in theory but theory is not reality. No one should single out any youngster for public ridicule. We can agree on that. However, we must realize that that youngster is a member of an organization that has both supporters and detractors. Thus, as a member of that organization, he/she will indirectly be involved in any banter that takes place- particularly in sports where all is graded by wins and losses. That is the real world and youngsters will be confronted by such situations all along the path of life. If my company fails, I and my fellow employees (as well as the employers) will be painted with the broad brush of negativity regardless of what may have caused the failure of the business. Fair? Of course not. But, then, surely no one believes that life is remotely fair.

As the legendary coach, Adolph Fredrick Rupp, once said, "If winning isn't important, why do we keep score?".
If you have teens working for your company, I hope you are in compliance. I figure you have adults who work there however and there is a difference.

"Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is everything." - Vince Lombardi

For me, this discourse has run it course. You can stand on your soap box and proclaim your ire until hoarse if you wish and may you be forgiven for the hatred you hold in your heart.
washed up Wrote:If you have teens working for your company, I hope you are in compliance. I figure you have adults who work there however and there is a difference.

"Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is everything." - Vince Lombardi

For me, this discourse has run it course. You can stand on your soap box and proclaim your ire until hoarse if you wish and may you be forgiven for the hatred you hold in your heart.

Wow. You are overly melodramatic, aren't you? You may need to change your maroon underwear. Hatred? Don't flatter yourself or your favorites. As a fan, I am merely amused that the "proud tradition" is 3-24. While Coach Lombardi's quote is touchy and feely and serves as a buffer for those on the short end of the game's final score, Coach Rupp's quote, whether right or wrong philosophically, realistically states the truth in sports.
Peaking at the right time.
washed up Wrote:A few truths from Saturday:

1. The move of Bradley to the point has helped in the scoring column by involving other players. Villers is a scorer not a distributer. Glad someone realized this.
2. They now have a winning streak.
3. They continue to not understand how to play post defense or defend the rim.
4. Fleming County came out in a zone after Ashland called TO with a little over two minutes left with Ashland leading by 8. This allowed Ashland to lengthen their possessions and shorten the final two minutes.
5. Former Rose Hill supporters who continue to be salty and blame others for their own transgressions have to take a step back for a couple of days before reboarding the "I hate Ashland train" I guess if you dont let the sun set
on your anger, its been a long day.

If it wasn't for the Rose Hill transfers then BB would have been in a 3 year span, something like 8 and 67. Ashlanders have an excuse for everything wrong with their fabled program. After they cut BB loose this year maybe they can go find Wayne Breeden and entice him to build a feeder program, something BB knows very little about.
Mr. E. Mann Wrote:If it wasn't for the Rose Hill transfers then BB would have been in a 3 year span, something like 8 and 67. Ashlanders have an excuse for everything wrong with their fabled program. After they cut BB loose this year maybe they can go find Wayne Breeden and entice him to build a feeder program, something BB knows very little about.

Mr. E. Mann speaks facts. And by building a feeder program, I feel sure Mr. E. Mann isn't referring to depending on recruiting "transfers" to anchor that program because that would require finding a new sugar daddy to pay for the monthly rent and "incidentals". The old one retired.
Mr. E. Mann Wrote:If it wasn't for the Rose Hill transfers then BB would have been in a 3 year span, something like 8 and 67. Ashlanders have an excuse for everything wrong with their fabled program. After they cut BB loose this year maybe they can go find Wayne Breeden and entice him to build a feeder program, something BB knows very little about.

If it wasn't for transfers and Boyd county then rose hill would have done nothing
Pages: 1 2