Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Laurel Vs North Laurel Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any updates on this game?
Not started yet
South kid was carried off on a stretcher with a neck injury in the freshmen game, and the jv game went into triple overtime. About to start now.
South up 14-9 after one.
Thanks for the updates
fairgame Wrote:South kid was carried off on a stretcher with a neck injury in the freshmen game, and the jv game went into triple overtime. About to start now.

Any word on the south kid ?? Hate to see anyone get hurt
Any more updates?
Hit a dead spot. South up 31-21 at half. Taylor and Grubb packing South. Collier with a few 3's for North. Big dunk by Taylor pushes South to a 24-9 lead before a 3 by Collier and a couple ft's by Griebel get North back in it.
Whats the score now?
South wins 71-59. Caleb Taylor with 28 points 14 rebounds 4 blocks. Grubb with 30 points. Collier with 17 on 5 3's. Broughton with 14. Pretty much dominated from the tip off by South.
Congrats to South. Grubb and Taylor are an excellent duo.
South is a very dangerous team for anyone in the 13th........If Grubb and taylor stay together South is going to be good for the next few years.......Now with North I just don't understand why they are so bad....I'm not sure if it is the players or the coaches but something is bad off there.
For who ever the poster was that said Taylor is just big and not skilled . Well he just dropped a line out of the book Shaq on a 6'9 kid and a 6'7" kid. I'll stick to my opinion of best in region easily and one of best in mountains.
He is easily the best big man in the region and he is only a sophomore......he can put up 20 and 10 on any team in the region and Grubb is one of the most under rated players in the region. I really like this South team....I hope they stay away from Clay in the region until the regional finals.
I don't know how the Collier experiment is going to work out. Don't know if it was the whole North-South thing, or what. But he showed a terrible attitude all night. Run his mouth on every single shot, and even running his mouth to the South bench. All this while they was getting pounded. Looks like they just added another soft bigger kid that is just taking points from someone else. Someone really needs to teach this North team what the big painted rectangular area under the basket is, let them know that they are allowed to score from it. Maybe that's Norths whole problem. Roscoes clipboard told them that the ball isn't allowed inside the arch on offense. LoL.
Rice didnt play much was he in foul trouble?
ky playmaker Wrote:Rice didnt play much was he in foul trouble?

Don't think it was foul trouble…..more like Colliers minutes.
Collier was soft at Jackson, all he did was jack up 3's. North needs alot more than Collier to save them, And ill tell you right now if i was Rice and i lost minutes to a rent a player. I would be gone. Its not like he has loyalties to North anyway. It won't be long before Broughton gets tired of losing his numbers as well. IMO this was a bad move all around. They will be lucky to beat Jackson in the district
I would just about bet the farm that Rice will be in black and gold next year. And like I said on another thread, South is the one team in the 13th that might have a real shot at Clay in the region, they really share the ball so well. Miller is a kid for them that doesn't get enough credit, he has the ball in his hands a lot and never, ever takes a bad shot. Taylor is so much better than North's bigs it's laughable. But I was under the impression he was a junior in eligibility. Ky Playmaker, any idea?
Jr
Miller Jr, Grubb So, Anders Fr, Allen Sr and Taylor Jr. Holcomb a Sr off the bench. The two Sr Alllen and Holcomb mean more to this team than most people realize.
BrokenArrow Wrote:Collier was soft at Jackson, all he did was jack up 3's. North needs alot more than Collier to save them, And ill tell you right now if i was Rice and i lost minutes to a rent a player. I would be gone. Its not like he has loyalties to North anyway. It won't be long before Broughton gets tired of losing his numbers as well. IMO this was a bad move all around. They will be lucky to beat Jackson in the district

Soft or not, attitude or not, had it not been for Collier's "marksman like" 3 pt. shooting, north would have gotten an even worse *** whuppin' than what they got! IMO Collier & Jeffers boy both looked better than Broughton last night. Another convincing,and confidence building win! Go Cards!!! Cause stone cold said so!
stone cold Wrote:Soft or not, attitude or not, had it not been for Collier's "marksman like" 3 pt. shooting, north would have gotten an even worse *** whuppin' than what they got! IMO Collier & Jeffers boy both looked better than Broughton last night. Another convincing,and confidence building win! Go Cards!!! Cause stone cold said so!

I don't necessarily agree with that. While, Colliers 3's was big to keep it from getting embarrassing for North, it really just kept someone else (probably Broughton) from getting those shots. To be honest, I would rather Collier set 6ft behind the 3 point line and Jack up shots, than to let Peyton get in a groove and start hitting 3's and driving to the basket. That's a lot bigger problem to guard than someone spotting up for a 3. As long as he's taking shots out there, that means Peyton won't get in a groove, and the ball isn't going to the post. (Not like they would go to the post. But anyway.) I'm sure any team would be fine with that against North.
I just think that in order for the Collier thing to work, you have to see better defense and a higher point total than what they had before he joined the team. The 20 games before he was there they was averaging a little over 63 ,and 50 since he joined. (Bell game hurts those averages of course.) More of a apples to apples is both North-South games. South scored 3 less points in the first meeting (68), while winning by 14 in a game that was back and forth until late 3rd or early 4th. Second game, South scores 71 while winning by 11 and pretty much dominated from the tip and it didn't ever seem like a 11 point game. North scored 54 in the first meeting and 59 in the 2nd. It just looks like right now, that you are giving North 60 points and letting Collier and Peyton figure out how to split them up. If they could figure out how to keep Peyton going and get a extra 15 from Collier, then they would probably win the region. They may figure it out, but they better do it quick.
fairgame Wrote:I just think that in order for the Collier thing to work, you have to see better defense and a higher point total than what they had before he joined the team. The 20 games before he was there they was averaging a little over 63 ,and 50 since he joined. (Bell game hurts those averages of course.) More of a apples to apples is both North-South games. South scored 3 less points in the first meeting (68), while winning by 14 in a game that was back and forth until late 3rd or early 4th. Second game, South scores 71 while winning by 11 and pretty much dominated from the tip and it didn't ever seem like a 11 point game. North scored 54 in the first meeting and 59 in the 2nd. It just looks like right now, that you are giving North 60 points and letting Collier and Peyton figure out how to split them up. If they could figure out how to keep Peyton going and get a extra 15 from Collier, then they would probably win the region. They may figure it out, but they better do it quick.
They would have to play better team ball than they have all season. And I don't see that happening with,or without Collier. Also think north's defense is fine,it is on offense where they run into trouble. No offensive,or defensive rebounding. No teamwork. No offensive cohesion with,or without Collier. But,you have to admit Collier proved last night that he can flat shoot the 3 ball! All Broughton's points usually come from free throws (which he was missing some of last night) and the jumper in the paint (that he started shooting & hitting in the latter part of the game). He also had some crucial turnovers. I really thought Grubb schooled him last night. I don't think there is any danger of north winning any region either. Don't see it happening. Big boys are way too weak ,and soft. All others are too streaky ,and inconsistent. Also think Taylor & Allen combo totally schooled north's bigs both meetings. I believe that south won last night by 12 pts if memory serves.
You are right. 71-59. Collier can definitely shoot. But like you said, there's just no rhyme or reason to there offense to just add his points to what they was already doing. I definitely have no answers for their fix.
They have no ........will to win or heart. They lay down and quit thats the reason you see so many blowout loses and when there best player has trouble scoring he packs it in. In all honesty they are not good enough to string 3 straight wins together to win this region
Norths 'big' Bryson asher I believe is horrific against south. Started I belueve 0-6 and has 3-4 airballs this season against them. Can't handle the pressure
I heard tenn was at the game scouting
Tennessee was probably scouting the 13th region