Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 59th District ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If Pikeville beats ER would this be a 3 way tie? Then what?
Flip a 3 way coin
Piarist wins.
Best be hopin it aint strenths of skedules. Count up how many times Valley and ER playin these (jenkins, south floyd, magiffin, lee county, piarst, grundy).Both them together aint beat 4 teams with winnin records. Pikeville will win with ER and should deserve the 1 seet!
Shelby Valley is the 1 seed vs 4 seed Piarist
East Ridge vs Pikeville don't matter the 2 or 3
Baseball Man Wrote:Shelby Valley is the 1 seed vs 4 seed Piarist
East Ridge vs Pikeville don't matter the 2 or 3

Unless East Ridge beats Pikeville, right? Then East Ridge is the #1 while Valley and Pikeville play. You know that, don't you?
Yes you are correct!

I was just answering the question that Mjolnir asked, if Pikeville beats East Ridge then what?

East Ridge wins they are the 1 seed. They play Piarist first game.
East Ridge lose they are the 2 or 3 don't matter they play Pikeville again first game.

Tie breaker is head to head
Point spread between the teams.
Correct me if I am wrong. I checked the KHSAA website to get these district records.

Currently:
East Ridge - 3-1
Shelby Valley - 2-2
Pikeville - 1-2
Piarist - 0-1

If Pikeville beats ER and ER beats Piarist wouldn't the final records be:
East Ridge - 4-2
Shelby Valley - 2-2
Pikeville - 2-2
Piarist - 0-2

Do the games against Piarist not count towards district seeding or would that make ER the 1 seed.
Was told Piarist agreed to take 4 seed and we were only team to play them. Wonder why?
TheChief Wrote:Was told Piarist agreed to take 4 seed and we were only team to play them. Wonder why?

My understanding was also that Piarist agreed to take the 4 seed. It may be that they decided to join district play too late to get on all the other teams' schedules, so it is probably just a one-year arrangement.
Obviously, everyone knows that an ER win tonight gives them the #1 seed. But my understanding is that a 3-way tie is broken by point margins. So...

Shelby Valley beat Pikeville by 16 and lost by 6.
SV beat East Ridge by 16 and lost by 8.
East Ridge beat Pikeville by 6 in their only meeting so far.

That gives SV a (+18) point margin, Pikeville is (-16), and ER is (-2).

So, the only way ER can get the #1 seed is to win tonight.

Pikeville can take the top seed as well, but they need to make up a HUGE difference in point margin. They would need to beat ER by 34 points to tie SV at (+18). If they win but by less than 34 points, Valley would get the #1 seed.
East ridge won tonight which gives them the number 1 seed in district, but I was under the impression that where there was 4 teams in the district that it would go tons coin flip of east ridge would have lost. I would like to know what actually would happen if there was a 3 way tie though. Anyways congrats to the warriors.
With the seeding for the district tournament now decided does anybody know where the district tournament will be held this year?