Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard beats pcc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hazard wins
Not an impressive win since Beverly didn't play and hazard only won by 6 points. The officiating was terrible
It's impressive that Hazard was up 17 with 3 minutes left.

It's also impressive that Perry cut the lead down to 4 before Hazard iced it at the FT line.
Officiating was pretty much even IMO

Perry couldn't buy a call for a long time.
The refs blew a charge call against Hazard and Perry fouled out of frustration and things got chippy.
Three technicals were handed out and from then on out Perry Central got every call the rest of the game lol
Braxton didn't play...

But Perry should have got on the block and put this one away in the early second half IMO.

They let Hazard push them around and lost this game.

Gotta give credit to the Bulldogs.
Good win
A win is a win, who know someone may be out during tourney....that's the way the ball bounces !! Good win Dawgs !!
Beverly would have scored more than 6 points that's for sure.
I don't take much from this game.
Yea a wins a win.. But with Beverly this games not close.
Officiating was fair most of the game but there is getting to be tension between both teams and that is good if not taken too far.With Braxton,Perry wins and why didn't we go the inside game more? I'll never understand why we don't use Blair and Whitmore driving because even off a miss,Tobler will pick up several points around the rim.SMH
Not taking anything from Hazard either.Perry should have won this one with or without Braxton.
OLD MAN LOGAN Wrote:Not taking anything from Hazard either.Perry should have won this one with or without Braxton.

But they didn't. Haha
This game was meaningless. PCC and the horn will most likely be the teams coming out of the 54th. Hazard better hope they draw leslie in district
dore20 Wrote:This game was meaningless. PCC and the horn will most likely be the teams coming out of the 54th. Hazard better hope they draw leslie in district

They still draw in this district? Who is afraid to vote for seed?
Blue/Red Wrote:They still draw in this district? Who is afraid to vote for seed?

Ive heard Lesie and Hazard are the culprits. But i can not say for sure.
Hazard is improving every game and it was a win against a solid Perry team.Why they seed,I have no idea.Hazard with Coach Holland in district/region can be tough as we have seen before.It did get chippy a few times but this rivalry still isn't what it was.
OLD MAN LOGAN Wrote:Not taking anything from Hazard either.Perry should have won this one with or without Braxton.

First game against Perry was closer than the score showed,and they had Beverly then.It was a 5 pt game until Hazard made a few turnovers and Perry stretched the lead out.It was early and this Hazard team has improved.
OLD MAN LOGAN Wrote:Officiating was fair most of the game but there is getting to be tension between both teams and that is good if not taken too far.With Braxton,Perry wins and why didn't we go the inside game more? I'll never understand why we don't use Blair and Whitmore driving because even off a miss,Tobler will pick up several points around the rim.SMH

So the other payers from perry are no good because without Braxton Pcc has no chance of winning?
Ballers Wrote:Beverly would have scored more than 6 points that's for sure.
I don't take much from this game.
Yea a wins a win.. But with Beverly this games not close.

What you are saying is that Pcc has no one beside Beverly that can play. Gotcha.
dore20 Wrote:Ive heard Lesie and Hazard are the culprits. But i can not say for sure.

Leslie and Buckhorn vote to draw every year.
^ as they should
Blue/Red Wrote:So the other payers from perry are no good because without Braxton Pcc has no chance of winning?

Not taking anything from Hazard either.Perry should have won this one with or without Braxton. ^quoted above . What was confusing about this???? We have several players that can contribute if Beverly is injured.Dores are solid and we have several players like Dunn,Napier,and Neace,etc that have came through for us all season long.Beverly is a D1 player that is a leader on and off the court and the Dores are better with him on the floor.
^ that's not true.

Buckhorn voted to seed this year and when they draw they have a chance of playing the one seed. Buckhorn would have probably been the 2 seed this year.

The days of Buckhorn consistently being either the 3rd or 4th seed are over.

Right now Buckhorn is good enough that a blind draw only hurts their cause.

I understand why they've done it over the years, but Leslie is the only team that should want to seed right now.
When is the draw?
Monday
It's not only Beverly's scoring it's that perry wouldn't have had a lot of those turn overs that they had. The refs let the game get out of hand because almost every time down the court hardy was talking trash and hazard had another player that was doing the same thing. It could have turned out a lot worst than it did though. And I've never seen an official call more one way then amburgey. He made one call last night not for hazard.
Blue/Red Wrote:What you are saying is that Pcc has no one beside Beverly that can play. Gotcha.

Umm no?
I'm saying Perry is a complete different team when Beverly is on the floor. And if Beverly played Hazard would have probably lost by double digits. Just my opinion.
With Beverly on the floor Perry a 15 to 20 point different team, The only 2 teams in the region that will give Perry a hard time is Knott County and Buckhorn, Hazard has 2/3rd shot of been put out of the tournament on the first night if they draw Perry or Buckhorn. Perry not played their best basketball yet and they are having issues with personnel Hazard and coach Holland are a good program but just don't have the players this year after loseing 4 starters from last years team. Still don't know one jump to conclusions Knott County is heads and sholders above the rest .
Hazard will be a dangerous team in district play.
Hazard got the worse draw they could have got Playing Perry at Perry.
And to make matters even worse for Hazard, I heard Heston Beverly has been hired on as an assistant basketball coach at PCC. He will get those boys fired up.