Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County 82 Corbin 65
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

Whitley sweeps Corbin. Good game by Whitley.

Whitley 40-48 from the free throw line.

Both teams entered the bonus early in the third quarter.
Both teams had 2 or 3 guys foul out.
Woods fouled out early in the 4th allowing Corbin to gain some ground, but couldn't capitalize.
Interesting scenario with tonights events.
The current district standings are as followed.

Wburg 3-1
Whitley 3-2
South Laurel 3-2
Corbin 1-5

Corbin is done with district play. They finish with the 4 seed.

South and Wburg still have one game.
Whitley and Wburg still have one game.

Could come down to a tie and Ive heard this district uses a coin toss for whatever reason still.
Hear the Taylor boys are leaving. Mom got a job next
Year and is taking the boys with her.
nobullzbasketball Wrote:Hear the Taylor boys are leaving. Mom got a job next

Where?
nobullzbasketball Wrote:Hear the Taylor boys are leaving. Mom got a job next
Taking their ball and going home...
Congrats to the Colonels...:Cheerlead
Whitley and Williamsburg couldn't be happy if the seeding plays out like this. (which I think it will.) South is a match up nightmare for Whitley, and nobody wants to play a Pietrowski coached team in a win or go home game. Will make for a extremely fun district tournament.
fairgame Wrote:Whitley and Williamsburg couldn't be happy if the seeding plays out like this. (which I think it will.) South is a match up nightmare for Whitley, and nobody wants to play a Pietrowski coached team in a win or go home game. Will make for a extremely fun district tournament.

I agree, but I can guarantee you Wburg and Whitley don't want to play each other again either so its the entire district.

I think Corbin/Whitley and South/Wburg are the better matchups.
The Taylor rumors started the very night coach P benched Taylor for the last 3 periods of the game. I don't see it happening. I've been around the kid quite a bit growing up, and he has never struck me as the type that would just want to up and leave because things isn't going his way. (He may have changed since then.) The dad is pretty diehard Corbin, and while he is very high on his son as any dad should be. I don't see him packing the family up and moving north. Who knows anymore though.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I agree, but I can guarantee you Wburg and Whitley don't want to play each other again either so its the entire district.

I think Corbin/Whitley and South/Wburg are the better matchups.

I would agree with that. South or Williamsburg neither one want to play each other in the first game of the district. Luckily for them, it's almost impossible for them to have to.
fairgame Wrote:I would agree with that. South or Williamsburg neither one want to play each other in the first game of the district. Luckily for them, it's almost impossible for them to have to.

True.

The only thing for certain is that Corbin is the 4 seed.

Heres a couple of the scenarios that could happen.

Whitley beats Wburg, South beats Wburg----South and Whitley tie for first and Wburg gets third.

Whitley beats Wburg, Wburg beats South----Whitley and Wburg tie for first and South finished third.

Wburg beats Whitley, Wburg beats South----Wburg gets the one seed, Whitley and South tie for second.

Wburg beats Whitley, Wburg loses to South---South get the one seed, Wburg gets the two, and Whitley gets the three.
fairgame Wrote:The Taylor rumors started the very night coach P benched Taylor for the last 3 periods of the game. I don't see it happening. I've been around the kid quite a bit growing up, and he has never struck me as the type that would just want to up and leave because things isn't going his way. (He may have changed since then.) The dad is pretty diehard Corbin, and while he is very high on his son as any dad should be. I don't see him packing the family up and moving north. Who knows anymore though.

I would not blame the Taylors from leaving their mother has been passed over for jobs for the last 4 or 5 years. Corbin administration even hired personnel without a degree instead of her. Tony has tried to help her but the snoots in the central office including the radio man have refused to hire her. I hope the super is a member and see's my post, if the Taylors leave 4th place in the district will become a norm for Corbin for the next 4 to 6 years. If they leave it will not be Tony's fault, by the way when was the last time you saw any administrators from the central office at a ballgame, not a one at the football banquet the other night not even the principal. SHAME SHAME SHAME
Good win for the Colonels. Physical game. Seemed like at half Coach P challenged his team to be more physical. Whitley seemed to fall into the trap. Fortunately Whitley is a good free throw shooting team😄
Could be wrong but I don't think Williamsburg loses either district game at home.
JMO:
1 south
2 Williamsburg
3 Whitley
4 Corbin

South and Williamsburg in final and South district champs
1/4bak Wrote:I would not blame the Taylors from leaving their mother has been passed over for jobs for the last 4 or 5 years. Corbin administration even hired personnel without a degree instead of her. Tony has tried to help her but the snoots in the central office including the radio man have refused to hire her. I hope the super is a member and see's my post, if the Taylors leave 4th place in the district will become a norm for Corbin for the next 4 to 6 years. If they leave it will not be Tony's fault, by the way when was the last time you saw any administrators from the central office at a ballgame, not a one at the football banquet the other night not even the principal. SHAME SHAME SHAME

Wow. Did not know that.