Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin @ Whitley Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Halftime

Whitley 40
Corbin 23
Interesting note...

If Whitley beats Corbin tonight and Wburg next week, Whitley will get the one seed in the district.

Whitley would be 4-2
Wburg would finish 4-2
South Laurel would finish 3-3
Corbin would finish 1-5

Whitley would win the tie breaker over Wburg by winning the second game.
Wow at the half time score...
^
50-30 now.
Corbin is only staying within 20 by hitting ridiculous threes.

Whitley should really be up by 40. That's how much of a difference there is tonight, and Taylor is playing in this one for Corbin.
Its only mid way through the third quarter and Whitley is in the bonus already and Corbin is close.
Probably 30 fouls called already.
18 fouls called so far in third quarter.
Make it 19 fouls in the third quarter
20 fouls in the 3rd
21 fouls in the third Confusednicker:
22 fouls in the third
End of the third

Whitley 63
Corbin 46
I guess enough Whitley Countians got enough money
Standing beside the road to pay the refs off tonight.
:biglmao:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Interesting note...

If Whitley beats Corbin tonight and Wburg next week, Whitley will get the one seed in the district.

Whitley would be 4-2
Wburg would finish 4-2
South Laurel would finish 3-3
Corbin would finish 1-5

Whitley would win the tie breaker over Wburg by winning the second game.

The 50th district breaks ties with a coin flip The KHSAA recommends what you are saying but each district can actually decide how they want to. The 49th goes by point differential.
nobullzbasketball Wrote:I guess enough Whitley Countians got enough money
Standing beside the road to pay the refs off tonight.
:biglmao:

Whitley has just as many fouls as Corbin
Hell, Luke Woods has already fouled out early in the 4th quarter.
Leonards_loser Wrote:The 50th district breaks ties with a coin flip The KHSAA recommends what you are saying but each district can actually decide how they want to. The 49th goes by point differential.

I thought that changed a couple of years ago.
You could be right, but I thought I had read somewhere that it happened.

Either way, if Whitley wants a chance at the one seed then they must beat Wburg to force a tie.
I was told this week that it was still that way. I was shocked as well that they still coin flip.

If South wins at Williamsburg they will be 4-2 also. They lost to Williamsburg in the Cumberland Falls tourney but that doesn't count toward district standings.
Whitley just out playing Hounds tonight. Colonels much more energy. Corbin struggles to match up with Whitley's quickness. When they don't give an effort they are not close. Hopper is the exception for Corbin. He is balls to the wall giving it his all. Whitley as always is leading the league in floor burns.
Leonards_loser Wrote:I was told this week that it was still that way. I was shocked as well that they still coin flip.

Thanks for the heads up.
Anytime a coin toss is used to decide a tie breaker its beyond ridicolous