Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands Schedule 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
August 14 Cincy ST. X HOME
August 21 Cooper AWAY
August 28 Campbell County HOME
Sept. 4th Scott County AWAY
Sept. 11th Ryle HOME
Sept. 18th Lou St X HOME
Sept 25th SIMON KENTON AWAY
Oct. 2nd BYE
Oct. 9th Dixie(homecoming) HOME
Oct. 17th CovCath AWAY
Oct. 23 Grant County HOME
Oct. 30 Boone AWAY
Cincy ST X is a scrimmage.
The best part is a Highlands football player tweeted me that!!! They must be nervous considering SK is week 6 on their schedule!
6 tough games and then SK lays the smack down on the birds!
Where is Bo to give us his wisdom on the schedule?
Lou St X and Simon Kenton are the big games in that order. SK will lay a smack down on the birds... but the 'Birds will answer and win in a close one. They can also get St X at home if they control the game with the running game

If the birds play their cards right they can be a pretty good running team and win a lot of games in that fashion ... Good OLine coming back (rare at Highlands) pretty good RB coming back, some good linebackers. They could control the game to win instead of being the wild west pass-slingn scoring show. They could be like the '96 team best case scenario. It would be nice if Kendal played at a Frisk level, not likely though he's the best RB Highlands ever had. Also that '96 team beat Lou St X in a close one.
Hmmm We will see. Only comment Mantax. Don't worry where I am. I'm doing very well. I'm more interested to see how coach handles his first real team. Since last years was really Dales making. Similar to Tubby winning a National Title with Pitinos team
Oh what the heck. Ok. If he can coach them up they lose 1. If he can't they lose 3
The first 5 games will be brutal for the Birds. Then they droped playing a Florida team and picked up the Pioneers! Highlands will be lucky to go 4-6.
bo67 Wrote:Hmmm We will see. Only comment Mantax. Don't worry where I am. I'm doing very well. I'm more interested to see how coach handles his first real team. Since last years was really Dales making. Similar to Tubby winning a National Title with Pitinos team

Come on man. What do you think this is, college football. How was last years team Dale's making? I really want to hear this explanation because the coach can only coach the kids that are there correct?

And SK fan # 1, you are about as clueless as this guy. 4-6 really? When was the last time that Highlands had a losing record in varsity football and when was the last and "ONLY" time that they lost to Simon Kenton?

Glad to see a more local flavor to the schedule next year with 2 tough out of NKY games against Scott County and St. Xavier.
birdman44 Wrote:Lou St X and Simon Kenton are the big games in that order. SK will lay a smack down on the birds... but the 'Birds will answer and win in a close one. They can also get St X at home if they control the game with the running game

If the birds play their cards right they can be a pretty good running team and win a lot of games in that fashion ... Good OLine coming back (rare at Highlands) pretty good RB coming back, some good linebackers. They could control the game to win instead of being the wild west pass-slingn scoring show. They could be like the '96 team best case scenario. It would be nice if Kendal played at a Frisk level, not likely though he's the best RB Highlands ever had. Also that '96 team beat Lou St X in a close one.

This the rip Kendall fest? O-Line will be a strength with Hebel, Richardson and Haas returning. Been quite some time since Highlands had three starters returning to the O-Line. Running will be a strength of the team for sure, but you still need to be able to pass the ball and be balanced. Running backs are quality high school players, my only concern is durability over a long season and I am curious to see if all 3 that are returning stay at that position. Not sure what linebackers has to do with running the ball, but whatever.
I have heard Highlands will play alot of kids both ways this year not much depth!
UK1fan Wrote:I have heard Highlands will play alot of kids both ways this year not much depth!

Really????? Don't believe everything you hear.
I think they will have to. To stay competitive. I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees reality. I don't see a lot going both ways But at some weak spots. I do
There are 2 completely personalities here. They were in the Dale mode. Mantax. You could have coached them. And that's a compliment
I had a cold once. But it didn't last forever. Nothing does
They play a great schedule should be ready for a run for the title
Cake gets stale after a while!
bo67 Wrote:I think they will have to. To stay competitive. I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees reality. I don't see a lot going both ways But at some weak spots. I do

So where are your weak spots that are going to require kids to play both ways and who in your brilliant mind is going to play both ways?
bo67 Wrote:There are 2 completely personalities here. They were in the Dale mode. Mantax. You could have coached them. And that's a compliment

Hogwash. Weinrich did more with less than Mueller ever thought of doing. How many games did Dale win when he really had to X and O someone? I did in fact coach many of these kids at some point in time. They obviously had a pretty good base to build from I guess didn't they. Even coached some of the Seniors whom you are so fond of.
UK1fan Wrote:Cake gets stale after a while!

Lets talk about stale. Keep tooting that SK horn and the fact they have not nor will not win anything in football.
mantax Wrote:Lets talk about stale. Keep tooting that SK horn and the fact they have not nor will not win anything in football.

If SK was in 4A like Highlands used to be or 5A like they are they would have won it all several times!
mantax Wrote:This the rip Kendall fest? O-Line will be a strength with Hebel, Richardson and Haas returning. Been quite some time since Highlands had three starters returning to the O-Line. Running will be a strength of the team for sure, but you still need to be able to pass the ball and be balanced. Running backs are quality high school players, my only concern is durability over a long season and I am curious to see if all 3 that are returning stay at that position. Not sure what linebackers has to do with running the ball, but whatever.

Not ripping Kendall. He's is just not Justin Frisk. If you'd ever seen Frisk run the ball you'd understand.
UK1fan Wrote:If SK was in 4A like Highlands used to be or 5A like they are they would have won it all several times!

Ifs are fun... If highlands was in the NFL they would've won like 48 Super Bowls... See I can say anything.
UK1fan Wrote:If SK was in 4A like Highlands used to be or 5A like they are they would have won it all several times!

More clueless than I thought. SK has benefited greatly from watered down KY football. They made what one state final? Most years are losing records. If they played someone other than Holy Cross and NCC they would have probably been .500 this year at best.
birdman44 Wrote:Not ripping Kendall. He's is just not Justin Frisk. If you'd ever seen Frisk run the ball you'd understand.

Seen him run the ball. Really do not know why we are trying to compare backs of today with backs of yester-year. Frisk was good during his era and there were guys just as good as him during their era.
mantax Wrote:Seen him run the ball. Really do not know why we are trying to compare backs of today with backs of yester-year. Frisk was good during his era and there were guys just as good as him during their era.

Since this is a Highlands thread and Highlands has been a pass heavy team since 1998 I thought that this team with Oline returning and a good RB resembled the 96 team that ran the ball 98% of the time... and also played Lou St X. Although Justin Frisk (if he played more than 1 half of football per week) would have been the greatest RB to ever play in Kentucky. For real watch him run... I think there were a few games were he avged a TD/touch. That's why Texas and Alabama came to practices... he just had behavioral problems.
Mantax you disagree with everything I say. Which I think is funny. I forgot more than you know pal
bo67 Wrote:Mantax you disagree with everything I say. Which I think is funny. I forgot more than you know pal

I am asking you questions that you simply will not or cannot answer. Look at post 19 and 20. If you are going to make comments then do not be afraid to back them up with your supposed facts. Trust me, I know as much or more about the game than you do and I am not your pal. Maybe spend less time ripping on a high school coach and the kids in his program and more on your next campaign speech for city council.
Highlands is facing a very tough schedule of teams that like to run it down your throat. Cooper, SK, Ryle, Scott County all have very good if not the best backs in NKY and the state. It's a brutal style of ball that the Birds will have to endure to get to the back half of the schedule. The D will be tested. It might help or it might hurt, we'll see. Nice to have you back on the schedule.
Pages: 1 2