Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jackson Co. at OBI, 2/7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If OBI beats Jackson Co. Saturday night (possible), then OBI, Jackson and North would all finish 2-4 in the district and all 1-1 against each other. Anyone have a clue how that tiebreaker would shake out? If its based on point differential, North should be in good shape to avoid the four, but is their any chance Jackson could fall to the four and have to face Clay in an elimination game?
My understanding on it is that North is guaranteed the 2 or 3 seed, because they won the point spread between them and Jackson(won by 5 at home, lost by 2 at Jackson) and between them and OBI(lost by 3 at OBI, won by 20 at home), no matter what happens tomorrow night. Jackson beat OBI by 15 at home earlier in the year, so I think Jackson would have to lose by 15 or more to get bumped to the 4 seed. Not gonna happen, especially with Frazier's ankle possibly being broken(in the North game). If Frazier is 100%, the Jackson OBI game would be a close game, but if he's out, Jackson will end up 3-3 in the 49th and will be the 2 seed against North. And honestly I don't believe OBI would have a prayer of beating Jackson by 15 or more with or without Frazier. Jackson beat OBI with Frazier pretty handily earlier in the season.
Thanks, sorta thought it was head-to-head point spread. Hate to hear about Frazier, if he's done they are not going to be a threat tomorrow night or in the district. Might help explain their 25-point loss at Pineville last night.
OBI beat Pineville by 11 earlier in the year. With Frazier, I don't think Pineville could handle OBI on any court, home/away/neutral. I'm betting Coach Robinson will hold Frazier out to hopefully have him ready for district play. If he's healthy come tournament time, they could give Clay a run for their money. Clay only beat them by 8 at OBI and by 12 at Clay. OBI is on the rise with hiring Gritton as their AD. They're gonna be a factor in the future.
13th region hoops Wrote:OBI beat Pineville by 11 earlier in the year. With Frazier, I don't think Pineville could handle OBI on any court, home/away/neutral. I'm betting Coach Robinson will hold Frazier out to hopefully have him ready for district play. If he's healthy come tournament time, they could give Clay a run for their money. Clay only beat them by 8 at OBI and by 12 at Clay. OBI is on the rise with hiring Gritton as their AD. They're gonna be a factor in the future.

Gritton as AD??? Which Gritton ??? Larry Allen Jr. Gritton is President of OBI. Don't know about AD !!!
I might have been mistaken. Gritton is maybe just taking more of an active role with the athletic department. I just heard his name mentioned as being a decision maker with the athletics and that he was committed to making OBI more successful. I think he had a son that played(or maybe him!) that was a great shooter for OBI in the 80s maybe?
13th region hoops Wrote:I might have been mistaken. Gritton is maybe just taking more of an active role with the athletic department. I just heard his name mentioned as being a decision maker with the athletics and that he was committed to making OBI more successful. I think he had a son that played(or maybe him!) that was a great shooter for OBI in the 80s maybe?

Larry Gritton the father Coached at OBI for 20+ years won 400+ games there. Larry Allen Gritton Jr, Played at OBI ( School all time scorer) is now President of OBI and yes he will be involved in Athletic Program. Look for OBI to turn some heads in near future.:Thumbs::Thumbs: