Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Laurel 59 Williamsburg 50
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from South.
50th district tournament will be wide open! Possibly the best first round games not just in the 13th region, but in the state.
I said it a couple weeks ago. South will win that district they are head and shoulders better than Wburg when fully healthy.
Big shout out to the Williamsburg lady that was flipping off the student section as she was leaving tonight. I guess the Crazies got to her. LoL. Stay classy....
Great game by South. South Laurel's student section is great. They remind me how it used to be when students wanted to go to the games. Great atmosphere. All the hypocrites like to complain about them, but it is because they wish they had a student section like South.
#27 Old 12-31-2014, 01:28 AM
Statistician
Liked 97 Times in 55 Posts
OLDBALLCOACH is on a distinguished road

1/4 bak.......if you were at the south game then you have got to be the dumbest person on the face of the earth. To say the big kid outplayed griffith is totally insane. We didn't even have to griffith to guard him....wilson and massey shut him down. He killed corbin earlier in the season already. You are insane man.

god is great, beer is good and people are crazy. come on tell us how they shut Taylor down again, and how insane I am. First game he had a double double 14 points 18 rebounds, and tonight even being in foul trouble dominated the paint again. I want call you the dumbest person on earth like you did me, I will just say your basketball IQ is lackingConfusednicker:
Congratulations South Laurel on win tonight. The crazies are awesome Confusederiously:
Unofficially Caleb Taylor had 18 points and 15 boards tonight.
Caleb taylor is not only the best big in this region. But is right there with Evan hall as the best in the entire mountains. You put that kid on Clay's roster and they would make a run at the state. And I mean a serious run. Kid is tough
I thought souths defense in the 2nd half was the biggest key to the win.
Does anyone know how many block shots did Taylor have tonight?

I think Williamsburg not making a three pointer tonight was the difference, if they are making three's they are hard to beat. South pressure up front may had something to do with that. It will come down to the game next Thursday and it should be a good one. I will make a bet that Williamsburg will make a three pointer in the next game.
#10 Anders for South had a great game as well. The block he had on Skylar Griffith was big. South Laurel will be hard to beat on their floor in district. Don't see it happening
Anders played great. TEAM win. Cards roll. On to north Saturday. Thoughts?
Anders will determine how far South goes. Taylor, Grubb, and Allen have been a given all year. If he will play with confidence and take his open shots, they can definitely make a trip to Rupp. They do have to work on their ft's though. Was 13-23 tonight. That will be the difference in close games every time.
Both teams play great defense tonight. My only fault to this game tonight was the ref with the hair made several favored call for south. Look like is job was to get Cory Shelton in foul trouble tonight on one particular call tonight Cory step in front of a loose ball and started down court when a south player grab Cory arm from a break away. Guess who the ref call the foul on....yes Cory Shelton...The two other Ref call and Awesome game...Now I'm going to sleep. Confusedleep: South and Williamsburg are contender in the 13th alone with clay county and North Laurel. Marked it down final four 13th region. Confusederiously:
Great win for South tonight. Keep it rolling.LMAO at the lady leaving tonight with the IQ display. What a district, a couple very good teams will be home during regional.
I didn't see it, however, several members of the 'awesome' student section were snap chatting pictures of some of our little kids who were sitting behind Stan and actually said the "F" word to them when the kids asked them to stop taking their pictures. The lady monitoring the 'awesome' student section told our parents to "just ignore them". I guess that might make anyone a little upset. However, I don't agree with the gesture that was made by our fan. I think saying "you suck" when players are announced is in very poor taste and not so 'awesome'. I can totally appreciate the school spirit, just not the rude behavior. Really no better than the lady and her middle finger. At least they didn't use racial slurs like Corbin did.
I was told that ref with the hair is a very close friend of South Laurel's coach. Conflict of interest????
I would rather NOT have a student section than to have one that doesn't behave well. But, as I stated in another comment, at least they didn't use racial slurs like Corbin did.
Please don't be like Corbin and blame everything on the refs! You guys are better than that.
Saying u suck is way different than say F*** U. Parents have no reason to even be engaging with the students anyway. Survey WBURG is not blaming the refs. There was a thread last week where they said they would never do that. You guys got spanked now taking your whipping and go home.
LoL. I can guarantee you that whoever the ref was, was not a friend of South's coach. As far as the student section goes. What do you want those kids to do, sit on there hands or golf clap when South does something good? Sounds like they got under some Williamsburg fans skin. Which is their job. If it makes you feel any better, they will everyone be at Williamsburg when they play again. LoL.
Nice win for South Laurel
The pep bus is already warming up for the trip to burg. I hear they may have to take a 4th bus this trip.
I seen just as many questionable calls against south as I did williamsburg. There was a huge one against south that the refs missed late in the game on A pass that was deflected off a williamsburg kid plain as day and they gave it to williamsburg. south hit fts they win by 15. The game would never have been in question.
W'burg probably played one of the worst games of the year tonight. Not hitting a three is huge.......w'burg recognized that and started driving to basket. If they call the fouls on the big kid that should have been called outcome may have been different. Having said that the big kid played well on the offensive side of the ball. Dont understand why the coach doesn't have everything go through him. He catches with man on hip where he can take a step don't know if anyone can handle him. Would like to see more individual moves in order to score before i say he's best big kid in the mountains though. But he was the difference in this game no doubt. Now on to the student section.....i have no problem at all with kids cheering, yelling at refs or yelling at players but when they touch players (they were warned about this) and them taking pictures of little kids (it did happen) then thats crossing the line. No excuse for adult to do what she did with the finger.....you're an adult. But when kids are snapping pictres of other little kids and dropping "f" bombs don't ever over exaggerate the anger of a mother. Like i said i have no problems with fans being excited and cheering and yelling. Have fun and enjoy your high school days......but the administrative adults at south needs to know when to put the brakes on and calm them down.
To answer 1/4 bak......in the first meeting with south.....wilson and massey did a number on the big boy and he wasn't much of a factor in that game at all. It doesn't matter the number of points you score its how he impacts the game. I think 12 points and 8 of them coming from the free throw line is not a huge factor. I've seen kids only score 5 or 6 and they are bigger than a kid scoring 15 or 16. I have never said the big boy from south can't play or isn't any good. There are certain situations that i think he needs work on to be a dominant player thats all. There are times when he can take over a game if its caught in the right position. It amazes me how many people roam w'burg threads just to make their comments. Guarantee if w'burg gets out of the district.....that will be the one team that no one wants to draw in the region for the first round as a winner or loser. The rematch is set for monday with w'burg and south and the district seeding will be cleared up then.......as for know w'burg is still the no 1 seed with only one lost in the district and south has to play for that distinction in w'burg. It will be a great game to watch.
brokenarrow Wrote:saying u suck is way different than say f*** u. Parents have no reason to even be engaging with the students anyway. Survey wburg is not blaming the refs. There was a thread last week where they said they would never do that. You guys got spanked now taking your whipping and go home.

dont think you can consider this a spanking....but if it makes you feel better to say it then go ahead. Parents have every reason to engage students if their child is being harrassed by a bunch of students. Team spirit and yelling at refs or players no problem. But when you start using language like that and toward little kids no place for it. I say shame on south laurel administration for letting things like that get out of hand. Adults still have to be in control. They better be in control since district will be played there....things will be more heated than a regular season game and get out of control in a hurry.
I pray to God that Wburg makes it out of district and hope clay gets them first round. Clay ain't afraid of them and was dying to play them. But your coach said no. They can not beat Clay and it probably won't even be close.
This was one of those games of who flinched first lost. Williamsburg flinched. Grubb does not get near enough credit. He keeps teams from totally collapsing on Taylor. Teams have played two very competitive games. Expect another one next week. Grubb and Taylor are a dynamic duo.
Pages: 1 2